Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

Cheated out of it..

I get the feeling of being p*ssed but in what way were we cheated today. Arsenal could have won that 4-1/5-1. I guess the way we lost in the last seconds is disheartening but there is nothing in the refs performance that contributed to that.

You understand that if you give Simpson a yellow for that single foul alone, how many you're going to have to give to be consistent?

If he isn't consistent, then how did can you say he had a good day? lol

He was influenced by the card waving and dissent from Arsenal players that he never really got under control.

If you think back hard enough you might remember a penalty he gave our way.

Everyone was saying at half time how the ref had given everything our way. Arsenal had quite a few yellow cards too. 

he didn't exactly give it our way, it was a clear peno he didn't have any other choice.

If you think back hard enough you might remember a penalty he gave our way.

Everyone was saying at half time how the ref had given everything our way. Arsenal had quite a few yellow cards too.

We got a fair few debatable decisions first half, through the ref maybe not reading it right (even Henry said the pen was stonewall) But as someone has stated before, after half time he had turned a good penalty shout down, issued 4 yellow cards and a soft red to us inside 10 minutes?

Evening it up is never acceptable. I'd rather us not have the penalty and play 11vs11 for rest of the game.

Drinkwater left a needless high boot up that could have been another red on another day. Not that I really believe it was dangerous play. So yeah, we got lucky there. The ref being crap can go both ways, but Arsenal got the better of it.

Pointless saying that, it was out of frustration at being penned in and the sense of injustice. The ref lost control, and the Arsenal players got in his head.

No sending off, Drinky stays on his feet.

It was never deserving a second yellow so soon after a first it was a nothing challenge you see every couple of minutes, so then we have 35 to play with 10 men away to Arsenal.

You also state we had the better of the descions I can remember one free kick, we got nothing but the peno nothing!

Drinkwater could have got sent off .Simpson could have had a few yellows before that. He got himself sent off. I'm not saying the ref had a great game, it's more of the fact that the decisions he made were not the reasons we lost the game. Arsenal were the better team. I don't have to be an Arsenal fan to say that. We battled bravely but they could have won that 5-1/6-1 with the chances they had. It's hard to take the manner in which we lost, but I feel like it's a little bit of scapegoating to blame the ref. Had that finished 1-1 would anyone had a go at the ref? 

Whatever, I can't be bothered anymore. We were unlucky not to get a point but we weren't cheated. That's life.

Do you think the red card is given if no penalty was given to Leicester just before half time? Would you have given a yellow as a neutral?

Answer them two questions and I'll be amazed if you say yes to any.

Drinkwater could have got sent off beforehand. Simpson could have had a few yellows before that. He got himself sent off. I'm not saying the ref had a great game, it's more of the fact that the decisions he made were not the reasons we lost the game. Arsenal were the better team. I don't have to be an Arsenal fan to say that. We battled bravely but they could have won that 5-1/6-1 with the chances they had. It's hard to take the manner in which we lost, but I feel like it's a little bit of scapegoating to blame the ref. Had that finished 1-1 would anyone had a go at the ref?

Yes. As 11vs11 we could have won.

I don't think the referee "cheated" in the way it seemed at Spurs in the cup when he categorically couldn't see the incident and allowed himself to be influenced by biased reaction.

Overall I can understand the referee not giving the second penalty but Arsenal's systematic pressuring of the referee from the start was calculated and a disgrace.

In the end the game was ruined but Arsenal provoked the outcome they wanted.

I don't think the referee "cheated" in the way it seemed at Spurs in the cup when he categorically couldn't see the incident and allowed himself to be influenced by biased reaction.

Overall I can understand the referee not giving the second penalty but Arsenal's systematic pressuring of the referee from the start was calculated and a disgrace.

In the end the game was ruined but Arsenal provoked the outcome they wanted.

In the end they were literally screaming at the referee for everything. Whether you blame the referee or not, I think you'd be stupid to say the pressure didn't get to him and his decision to send off Simpson wasn't affected by the penalty before half time, and the constant ear bashing from Arsenal players.

That leaves the bad taste.

Let's face it Arsenal have the hex on us!

That said it was a stupid free kick to give away at the death even if 4 minutes were up.The ref was always going to let it be taken.

A disappointing end after we had defended so well after Simpson's stupid sending off.

Atkinson decided to ruin the game - bottled the flak he was taking from the Arsenal players - does anyone seriously think that Simpson would have been sent off for those fouls at home?

Worst sort of refereeing - heard Howard Webb on Fletch and Sav talking yesterday about referring the flow of the game - knowing when to intervene and making sure that players stay on the pitch where possible (not talking about goal denying opportunities or reckless challenges). Atkinson did the exact opposite - got flustered - decided to end the game as a contest and surprise surprise benefited the home team - made his life easier and took the spotlight off the penalty decision.

Team has to regroup and go again  - we never thought this was going to be straight forward - did we,,we're Leicester

I hear Sanchez has had a pay rise. This week he'll be picking up his usual salary as well as a referees fee for his work this afternoon. If Atkinson had said "I'm the ref, go away" it could have been a different game. Our players clearly need to work on their screaming and pointing.

We all knew what we would be up against today and after having gone 1-0 up it was essential not to let our guard drop and unfortunately for young Simpson pulling a player's shirt is a bookable offence if the ref sees it. 

What Leicester City needed today above all days was to keep 11 men on the pitch and I hope Simpson reflects on his stupidity and what it may have caused.

Archived