Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

Cheated out of it..

It seems that it is worth going after the ref at half time after all, it was like a completely different man that came out for the 2nd half.

Literally like a game of two halves for the ref. Lenient and going us benefit of doubt, to literally gunning for us. Crazy.

Strange, but we stood a better chance of winning without that penalty.

Cheated, no, but I think the referee was poor throughout, and ignored making decisions on several occasions. If you don't have the ball, you won't get many free kicks. Arsenal had masses of meaningful possession, especially in the second half, and we were drawn into fouling them too often. That said, Arsenal's constant gamesmanship and appealing was disgraceful. I'm glad we don't do that.

Arsenal's 12 men against our 10, we never had a chance.

I still cannot believe a ref of his experience, was influenced so much by their players and fans.

That's it, I'm surprised he wasn't in the player celebrations at the end.

I would love to hear his explanations why it was a sending off! Giroud is one of the biggest divers in the league which is 1. For a guy of his size is just embarrassing and 2. Makes the sending off even worse that Atkinson fell for it.

I'm sure Arsehole Wenger was in his ear down the tunnel at HT too lol

I know I put it in the post match thread but will put it in here too.

That was never 4 minutes injury time either!

I don't think we were cheated but the 2nd yellow was not needed, although ref will say a pull back is a yellow card.

Needs to be some common sense, you should have to do more than that to get sent off. Red cards happen far too often these days and it's ruining too many games.

What an embarrassing thread

Agreed.

We lost,for only the third time this season.

There are controversial moments,decisions in every game which is part of what makes football so fascinating.

We now need to move on ,win the next few games and not do a Villa or Bournemouth against lesser opposition. WBA ,in particular will be tough,they will'park the bus'.

lol sorry for being gracious in defeat. I am not complaining about the way we played. We were courageous but arsenal were the better side on the day overall.

The second half yes arsenal were the best side but only when playing against TEN men.

First half we were in control and outplayed Arsenal when the numbers were even.

I am as loyal to City as anyone but I like to think that I am also fair.

IMO the ref had a fair game, he didn't allow the whinging Arsenal players or the screaming Arsenal supporters to influence his decisions. He booked 3 Arsenal players before City had a player booked.

The Mahrez  incident was not a penalty, it was close to being a dive & could have got himself booked.

Wasyl lost us the game, bloody stupid & reckless foul.

The ref booked one of their players in the first half for bringing down a City player (can't remember who) that was flying down the wing. It was a deliberate tactical foul & deserved a yellow card.

Simpson did the same thing by grabbing hold of their player & ending the attack........deserved 2nd yellow.

We were damned unlucky but the ref did not lose us the game........Simpson & Wasyl did.

We can still finish top.

Cheated, no, but I think the referee was poor throughout, and ignored making decisions on several occasions. If you don't have the ball, you won't get many free kicks. Arsenal had masses of meaningful possession, especially in the second half, and we were drawn into fouling them too often. That said, Arsenal's constant gamesmanship and appealing was disgraceful. I'm glad we don't do that.

Wouldn't agree with that at all - for 40 minutes he was excellent and didn't get suckered by Sanchez's diving or Girouds card waving (although I'm fairly certain you're supposed to book people for that now). Then he missed one foul by Wes, we countered and won a (clear-cut despite the protests of arsenals crowd) penalty. The crowd got on his back for that and he melted from there. If he'd shown the same mental strength he did for the first 40 then we would have won comfortably.

Cmon..Simpson was silly to go in the way he did after getting booked and then it was only a matter of time wasn't it?

And then Wasyl?? I love the guy,but in the last minute charging out like that???

Needed a steady head. Still we proved we have nothing to fear from anyone.11 v 11 would have been interesting as we didcause them a few good issues. Onwards!!!!!

Simpson was unlucky, could be yellows could not be. But he didn't book other players for pulls.

This is what I don't understand. He could easily have booked others for near identical fouls but didn't, partly because he didn't have Sanchez and Giroud shouting abuse right in his face.

If you're going to send somebody off for 2 yellows you can't be leaving yourself open to accusations that the second was soft, and it really was as soft as they come.

BUT Simpson was playing a very dangerous game and arguably should have gone in the book before he did. He was going to get sent off sooner or later, I just think that sending him off for what he ended up going for was ridiculous.

I am as loyal to City as anyone but I like to think that I am also fair.

IMO the ref had a fair game, he didn't allow the whinging Arsenal players or the screaming Arsenal supporters to influence his decisions. He booked 3 Arsenal players before City had a player booked.

The Mahrez  incident was not a penalty, it was close to being a dive & could have got himself booked.

Wasyl lost us the game, bloody stupid & reckless foul.

The ref booked one of their players in the first half for bringing down a City player (can't remember who) that was flying down the wing. It was a deliberate tactical foul & deserved a yellow card.

Simpson did the same thing by grabbing hold of their player & ending the attack........deserved 2nd yellow.

We were damned unlucky but the ref did not lose us the game........Simpson & Wasyl did.

We can still finish top.

I agree with this post. It is a realistic appraisal of the game. The only thing I would add was the pathetic school girl antics of the Arsenal players, who were in the face and head of the referee all match. I noticed Drinkwater got spoken to, and nearly booked, because he said something to the ref. But I can't remember a single time the ref told an Arsenal player to go away, or threatened to book one for their relentless mouthing. I also think the Arsenal players were trying to goad the ref into decisions and I do think he was influenced, especially second half, by them.

Archived