Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

Cheated out of it..

I agree with 4ever fox.....the final freekick came after the 4 mins of extra time...we were robbed...ref caved in to home fans pressure.....ref was clearly trying to even up the bookings straight after half time. But the fact is we can recover from this and go on to claim the ultimate prize, we can do it and we will do it....EVERYWHERE WE GO WE'RE THE LEICESTER BOYS MAKING ALL THE NOISE

You think we're pissed off, I've just been reading the Man City forum. Will be surprised if Clattenberg make it out of Manchester alive tonight. Shame the refs are dominating the threads tonight and not the football. They're having far too big an influence in the outcome of this title run in and desperately need some help imo.

lol these two refs in question are what English football are sending to the euro's I believe.

Biggest thing that went against us today was Coquelin not seeing red.

There is no argument what so ever against video technology now.

I don't think that's an argument for video technology - surely the fourth official has to be watching the substitutions, so he has to see Coquelin manhandle Mahrez. Having video tech wouldn't see Coquelin sent off in that case, the problem lies with the refereeing teams decision making not whether they saw it properly.

I'd actually not seen a replay of that Simpson second yellow until now but that is an absolute joke of a booking.

Giroud hasn't got away from him, they're tussling for the ball. Fair enough give a yellow card if there's a counter-attack and the player has cynically tugged back the man in possession but nothing of the sort had happened. Stupid of Simpson to make the foul but I'm not sure I've ever seen a yellow card given for a tug back in that position, and it certainly wasn't enough for a second yellow card. He's gaining no material advantage by making that foul, which again obviously raises the question of what the hell he's doing tugging the shirt in the first place.

Not convinced by the Mahrez penalty shout.

Arsenal fans complaining about Vardy throwing himself into Monreal are totally missing the point. The foul is initially made when Monreal trips Vardy's right foot, not the left.

Drinkwater definitely should have gone. Bad tackle, out of control and endangering the safety of an opponent. Exactly the sort of tackle they should be stamping out (pardon the pun).

Agree with most of that. Good post.

I also thought Giroud was holding Simpson's shirt as well. A tussle and perhaps a foul but not a booking.

I don't think we were cheated but harshly done by. Atkinson crumpled a bit after the break with the incessant haranguing by players and the crowd.

Still in our hands and the some others have to play each other as well.

I thought that for the 15 minutes after half time the ref was an outrage. He wanted to even things up (not that there was anything to even up) and was completely biased towards the home side. No doubt about it in my mind. Scandalous. 

At half time Wenger has moaned or Atkinson has seen our penalty again thinking he got it wrong so he went out to justify the decision by giving Arsenal a big decision. No way should Simpson have been sent off.

Everybody is accusing the ref of bottling it because we lost. If it wasn't for Was being hot headed and rushing into a challenge he was never going to win then maybe we would of got something out of the game.

If we drew the game no doubt half the people on here wouldn't be moaning about the ref, and that's a fact.

Even if we had drawn I for one would still have been moaning about Simpson's red. Regardless of other decisions for or against us, the biggest decision made by the ref was Simpson's red card and it was very very harsh. If you're going to give 2nd yellows for that there could be 10 or more red cards every week in the prem. Nobody wants to see players sent off, especially in a big game that was open and entertaining up until that point. People can talk about the 2 penalty decision and coquelin and whatever other decisions but the fact of the matter is, the ref changed the game by wrongly sending off Danny. I'm certain we would not have lost that game 11 vs 11

lol these two refs in question are what English football are sending to the euro's I believe.

The penalty given against Sterling was possibly the most ridiculous refereeing decision I've seen in a long long time. It was so important to the game and simply bizarre. The standard of refereeing remains very very unpredictable I'm afraid.

The 2nd yellow is harsh, the 1st is simply never a yellow and was only given

because of Sanchez's reaction. It was the same reaction every time he came into

contact with one of our players, he rolled around clutching his leg or started screaming

at the ref showing imaginary cards he's a scumbag and lets just hope that what goes

around comes around.

The 2nd yellow is harsh, the 1st is simply never a yellow and was only given

because of Sanchez's reaction. It was the same reaction every time he came into

contact with one of our players, he rolled around clutching his leg or started screaming

at the ref showing imaginary cards he's a scumbag and lets just hope that what goes

around comes around.

Any player (even our own) who rolls around like they've been shot by a stun gun should be banned (retroactively if need be). Any player caught trying to tell the ref to give a card should be carded themselves. Fouls happen sure i get it but its not your job to hand out cards or try to influence a ref. Pick your overpaid ungrateful arses up and play the fackin game like a man, not a tw@t.

As for refs that make bad calls or lack thereof need to be called out and dealt with too. If they need video replay whilst the game continues the 4th official can handle that. Lets progress and reach a point of fairness for all players, teams and fans.

Obviously more thought is required but im just ranting like a knob.

We would have got the draw if the ref hadn't shit in his pants.... not know what to do with the turd.... and then wiped it all over Danny Simpson.

Both teams had their dodgy moments but at least the Leicester players didn't shout, whinge, throw their hands up claiming some bullshít every 3 minutes, and basically behaved like a bunch of fúcking whining Divas.

Drinkwater could have got sent off .Simpson could have had a few yellows before that. He got himself sent off. I'm not saying the ref had a great game, it's more of the fact that the decisions he made were not the reasons we lost the game. Arsenal were the better team. I don't have to be an Arsenal fan to say that. We battled bravely but they could have won that 5-1/6-1 with the chances they had. It's hard to take the manner in which we lost, but I feel like it's a little bit of scapegoating to blame the ref. Had that finished 1-1 would anyone had a go at the ref? 

1st shot on target was Walcott, 15 mins after the red card, with 70 mins gone.

Of course they had loads of chances towards the end, but that only happened because we were a man down.

The ref had a mare.

Amazed anyone on here is a) blaming simpson - never was that a second yellow. He should have got a warning first. Kante got wiped out and nothing.

The second penalty was 100% a penalty and monreal should have been off.

1. I thought Koscielny got booked?

2. Blatant dive.

2nd yellow was harsh but can see why it was given, stupid of Simpson to make the tackle when you could tell atkinson was looking for any chance to get the crowd off his back. 

Surprised how many people have glossed over the fact Drinky should've had a straight red. Awful tackle

https://streamable.com/7w9e

Few too many people in this thread have forgotten what it's like to give everything and lose with a degree of grace.

Not everything went either teams way.

The bitterness, spite and aggression makes us look like spoilt sore losers.

Move on team.

Archived