Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wrighty22

Man Utd (A) 1/5/16 1:30pm KO

Found someone willing to sell me two home tickets to the United game but he's got to send them special delivery because we can't meet up

I've sent money through the 'Pay for goods and services' option on Paypal so that I am covered by buyer protection. It went through but they guy says paypal won't let him access the money for 21 days, and so, he refunded me because he "wasn't happy with that". 

Is this normal? He wants me to send it as 'friends and family' instead but I'm not going to do that as it's not protected apparently. Has anyone got any advice about buying tickets online? 

Found someone willing to sell me two home tickets to the United game but he's got to send them special delivery because we can't meet up

I've sent money through the 'Pay for goods and services' option on Paypal so that I am covered by buyer protection. It went through but they guy says paypal won't let him access the money for 21 days, and so, he refunded me because he "wasn't happy with that". 

Is this normal? He wants me to send it as 'friends and family' instead but I'm not going to do that as it's not protected apparently. Has anyone got any advice about buying tickets online? 

I had the exact same situation trying to buy an iphone recently and I decided against it because it seemed weird. I'm not saying it is a scam, I have no idea but it does seem odd

Anyone know how likely, how genuine and what price roughly I'd be looking at with touts outside Old Trafford on Sunday.

I don't really agree with touts and I have concerns over how genuine tickets would be, but I am tempted to travel up to Manchester.

Also not gonna have my pants down on price so another thing to consider.

Anyone know how likely, how genuine and what price roughly I'd be looking at with touts outside Old Trafford on Sunday.

I don't really agree with touts and I have concerns over how genuine tickets would be, but I am tempted to travel up to Manchester.

Also not gonna have my pants down on price so another thing to consider.

No idea but I've heard on more than one occasion, they won't reduce the price after kick off, as if they did no one would buy one beforehand. They'd sooner tear the tickets up and bin them. How true it is I don't know as never would use them.

But, and it's a big but, due to the games importance I reckon they'd want stupid money for them.

Plus you're fueling touting which isn't good, end of the day it's your money, your choice.

No idea but I've heard on more than one occasion, they won't reduce the price after kick off, as if they did no one would buy one beforehand. They'd sooner tear the tickets up and bin them. How true it is I don't know as never would use them.

But, and it's a big but, due to the games importance I reckon they'd want stupid money for them.

Plus you're fueling touting which isn't good, end of the day it's your money, your choice.

Highly doubt i'll do it, was considering it but for several reasons i'm being put off, also no-one is willing to take a risk with me (Quite rightly really).

Paypal do sometimes hold money "for security reasons" god knows why but they still do it to me even though i run an online business and have used them for about 10 years and use them for my card transactions. I recently received £290 off a customer and they held £130 of it for 21 days!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I had the exact same situation trying to buy an iphone recently and I decided against it because it seemed weird. I'm not saying it is a scam, I have no idea but it does seem odd

I sold an xbox on ebay the other week , I was paid thro paypal , the money was held for about 10 days . The money is yours but paypal held on to it until both parties are happy and after a certain time release it . It does say can take up to 21 days but its usually quicker than that . It happens when it happens to be a larger amount than you usually send/receive on paypal

I have been offered some exec tickets for the Manchester United match.  £400 each.  I really want to go but not sure if it is a scam.  Says I get free bar and programme and gist and seats outside.  It's in the Knight's Lounge and they say there won't be a problem.  Does this sound like a rip-off? I really want to go.  I've looked online and the Europa Suite (which is similar) is usually £360.  Does £400 too much to pay?

I've just looked on Viagogo - hospitality tickets with a CASH bar and NO food are £400 each plus + Booking, Handling and VAT.  That's a fortune! Anybody got cheaper alternatives?  I think I'm going to have to stump up £800.

So I've gone ahead and bought these.  More than I wanted to pay but at least I'm going.  It is only a small mark-up on the face value and going to be a great day.  The guy says he has two more tickets.  If anyone wants his details PM me.

This is a football forum for our football team, we're having the season of our lives, this is not a notice board for do's and dont's and you can't do this and you can't do that as its not the right thing to be doing, if someone wants to pay over the face value price on a match ticket weather it's the right thing or wrong thing who is anyone else on here to judge, someone above wants to buy a ticket in the old Trafford end for Sunday an will be paying over the odds, why is he wrong for doing so, he wants to be in the ground and rightly so!

This is a football forum for our football team, we're having the season of our lives, this is not a notice board for do's and dont's and you can't do this and you can't do that as its not the right thing to be doing, if someone wants to pay over the face value price on a match ticket weather it's the right thing or wrong thing who is anyone else on here to judge, someone above wants to buy a ticket in the old Trafford end for Sunday an will be paying over the odds, why is he wrong for doing so, he wants to be in the ground and rightly so!

How much did said person buy the ticket for? It's touting to buy a ticket and sell above face value.

So I've gone ahead and bought these.  More than I wanted to pay but at least I'm going.  It is only a small mark-up on the face value and going to be a great day.  The guy says he has two more tickets.  If anyone wants his details PM me.

My two alcoholic mates will Happily swap thier two away ends for your two hospitality !

What time do you think we will be in there until IF all goes to plan? Need to book my train home

What time do you think we will be in there until IF all goes to plan? Need to book my train home

30 mins I guess before stewards will move us on , people will want bubbly and pints !

Guest parky0607

Going to go to the ground on the day and just hope and pray for any form of ticket! If anyone has any spare, feel free to get in touch :)

Think there'll be quite a few Leicester fans all over the ground.  We have got 2 tickets from home season ticket holders who just want us to enjoy our day (hopefully).  They are completely fed up (bizarre, considering they may well come 4th and win the FA Cup, but still completely understandable due to the quality of football they've played) and so he said to me that many of them have happily sold their tickets to Leicester fans.

Archived