Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Champions League 2016/17

lol

In comparison to Belgrade, you're probably right!

I'd rather Hajduk Split if I'm honest, but they're nowhere near qualification. Shame, the Poljud is a lovely stadium and Split is one hell of a city.

Famous last words but I doubt you'd get any aggro in E. Europe, apart from if we pull Red Star and they're out for revenge. Italy seems to have the biggest problem atm, Lazio fans tore up downtown Palermo on Sunday.

Are we going to be the first ever English team that's in it who doesn't care about progressing?! Give me the group of death and a run in the Europa League having finished third any day...

What. Why would we not care about progressing?! Sure, 3rd and progressing (probably) further in the Europa League wouldn't be bad, but give me 2nd and a chance to get into the quarter finals any day...

No Serbian Teams please.  I have still not got over the racist behavior of those charming Red Star fans in the Vienna leg way back then.

Famous last words but I doubt you'd get any aggro in E. Europe, apart from if we pull Red Star and they're out for revenge. Italy seems to have the biggest problem atm, Lazio fans tore up downtown Palermo on Sunday.

Oh, c'mon. Yeah, we have some morons here in Italy, but I think in Eastern Europe there are more problematic supporters than ours. And by the way, many Lazio fans are fascist a**holes, so don't take them as an example. 

So Italy goes by head to head before goal difference?

Head-to-Head points --> Head-to-Head goal difference --> Overall goal difference.

Oh, c'mon. Yeah, we have some morons here in Italy, but I think in Eastern Europe there are more problematic supporters than ours. And by the way, many Lazio fans are fascist a**holes, so don't take them as an example. 

I think there's not much in it. People seem to think E. European trips are going to be proper 'scary' but I've had hairier moments in Italy, admittedly that was 8 years ago during the Palermo Catania riots.

Lazio fans are cvnts for sure.

I have done a projected qualifers and the pots - anyway of uploading a spreadsheet on here? 

I have picked out Barcelona and Dortmund as the winners of the European competitions. I also used the UEFA team rankings as how to calculate the qualifiers in the Runners-Up category and used my own opinion for the Champions category. 

Pot 1: Barcelona, Leicester City, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Paris St Germain, Benfica, CSKA Moscow & Ajax

Pot 2: Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Arsenal, Manchester City, FC Porto, Napoli & Bayer Leverkusen

Pot 3: FC Basel, Shakhtar Donetsk, Tottenham Hotspur, Olympiakos, Dynamo Kiev, Lyon, Villarreal & PSV Eindhoven

Pot 4: Sporting Lisbon, Club Brugge, Besiktas, Red Bull Salzburg, BATE Borisov, FC Copenhague, Red Star Belgrade and Hertha Berlin. 

5% of 32,000 = 1,600 away seats so no. We'd actually have the same amount again to sell to home fans as the standard away capacity is 3,200. 

Expect UEFA to reduce the capacity of our stadium with all their advertising and seats etc. 

As well as the standard away allocation, the away club receive around 50 'VIP seats' 

As it stands Sparta Prague to qualify would be a major shock, 2nd in the Czech League and would have to face the teams finishing 4th/3rd in Europe's top leagues to get there. 

If not them then why not the current leaders then? Pilsen is a brilliant city.

I have done a projected qualifers and the pots - anyway of uploading a spreadsheet on here? 

I have picked out Barcelona and Dortmund as the winners of the European competitions. I also used the UEFA team rankings as how to calculate the qualifiers in the Runners-Up category and used my own opinion for the Champions category. 

Pot 1: Barcelona, Leicester City, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Paris St Germain, Benfica, CSKA Moscow & Ajax

Pot 2: Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Arsenal, Manchester City, FC Porto, Napoli & Bayer Leverkusen

Pot 3: FC Basel, Shakhtar Donetsk, Tottenham Hotspur, Olympiakos, Dynamo Kiev, Lyon, Villarreal & PSV Eindhoven

Pot 4: Sporting Lisbon, Club Brugge, Besiktas, Red Bull Salzburg, BATE Borisov, FC Copenhague, Red Star Belgrade and Hertha Berlin. 

My dream group. 

Edit: Just look at pot 1 lol what the **** are we doing??? lol lol 

Lazio fans are the scum of the earth.

If they were the pots...

It means bugger all, especially as some of these teams won't even be there, but just as a "Champions" comparison for English top seeds in the last couple of years.

Chelsea (First season of champions as top seeds, they fluked out)

Maccabi Tel-Aviv

Porto

Dynamo Kiev

Arsenal and Chelsea's groups in 2014/15 as top seeds

Arsenal

Anderlecht

Dortmund

Galatasaray

Chelsea

Schalke

Sportling Lisbon

Maribor

Pretty sure many people would die of happiness getting either of the 2014/15 groups ;)

Archived