Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

9 minutes ago, the fox said:

am i the only one that sees his move to chelsea as logical?moses is doing most of the defensive duties as a RWB and a front 3 of hazard,costa and mahrez is a CL contender, if you double on hazard, mahrez will destroy you, and the same with hazad if you double on mahrez

That system only works because everyone apart from hazard puts in leg work. Pedro works his socks off solidifying there structure leaving hazard free to do what he wants. Even Costa puts in loads of effort. Mahrez isn't a good as hazard therefor won't play every week.

4 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

That system only works because everyone apart from hazard puts in leg work. Pedro works his socks off solidifying there structure leaving hazard free to do what he wants. Even Costa puts in loads of effort. Mahrez isn't a good as hazard therefor won't play every week.

they are playing with wingbacks, the wingers don't need to defend alot.

7 minutes ago, the fox said:

they are playing with wingbacks, the wingers don't need to defend alot.

They do because when they defend the formation becomes 5-4-1 with hazard playing in a 'fake' position so he can spring Counter attacks as he stays up the field. If you played Mahrez and hazard the wing backs would have no protection meaning teams would be able to double up on them. I watched palace bs Chelsea this season and they did exactly that because hazard wasn't putting in any effort getting back. Zaha and ward had so much joy on the right hand side. 

1 hour ago, the fox said:

am i the only one that sees his move to chelsea as logical?moses is doing most of the defensive duties as a RWB and a front 3 of hazard,costa and mahrez is a CL contender, if you double on hazard, mahrez will destroy you, and the same with hazad if you double on mahrez

You just want him to go to Chelsea so you can support the champions again next year. :whistle:

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You just want him to go to Chelsea so you can support the champions again next year. :whistle:

lolloli truly enjoy your banter, finn. too bad you would have to find another way to have a dig at me after mahrez leaves (maybe i will be called a slimani fanboy next, who knows), i'm here for the long haul:schmike:

16 minutes ago, the fox said:

lolloli truly enjoy your banter, finn. too bad you would have to find another way to have a dig at me after mahrez leaves (maybe i will be called a slimani fanboy next, who knows), i'm here for the long haul:schmike:

You may regret that when we are bobbing around the lower reaches of the championship in ten years

4 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Chelsea - Doubtful. Like you said, he doesn't fit into the hard grafting style that Conte seems to like

Tottenham - Possible. They rely so heavily on Eriksen for their flair and creativity, so perhaps would be keen to bring in a player like Mahrez. 

Man City - No. They will be signing only the very best in the world and already have a number of top flair players.

Liverpool - Possible. Not sure why you don't think Liverpool would be interested. I know Klopp likes grafting style too, but I just have a hunch that Mahrez would be a good option for them.

Man U - No. Similar to Man City. They will be spending huge on the very best players in the world and as good as we think Mahrez is, he still hasn't shown enough for a Man U/Mourinho club.

Arsenal - Possible. I think they will be spending big in the summer and he probably fits into their philosophy of play more than any of the other clubs. 

Can't see him moving to any other Premier League clubs. Everton perhaps but doubt they would spend 40 Million plus 100k wages on him. 

I think he is pretty settled in the UK, so would be surprised if he moved abroad, unless a huge club like Barce, Real of Bayern came calling (unlikely). PSG are the most likely to a) be interested and b) able to afford him. I wouldn't be surprised if they come in for him this summer. Probably more likely than any other club, I would have thought. 

Like I said, I still think he will need to carry on this recent form and really start standing out again, for any of these clubs to pay 35-40 million this summer, so there is still a good chance he will remain, especially if we show more ambition and make some big signings this summer as well. I believe he is happy and settled here too, which helps our cause. 

He is gonna go. You can bet on it. And that fits your agenda anyway since you have made a thread a week ago questioning:  "Can we (I guess you mean the club) afford to continue carrying Mahrez any longer ?". Remember your thread?!  So, all is good. Why are creating new waves now?

2 minutes ago, MattCan said:

He is gonna go. You can bet on it. And that fits your agenda anyway since you have made a thread a week ago questioning:  "Can we (I guess you mean the club) afford to continue carrying Mahrez any longer ?". Remember your thread?!  So, all is good. Why are creating new waves now?

I remember the thread. I have no agenda lol 

I want Mahrez to stay here as long as possible. I felt that after that game particularly, where every other player had a huge upturn in effort and performance, he didn't seem to and so I threw it out there, whether the team could continue to carry an underperforming Mahrez if their performances and efforts had all improved. 

Since that game, he has matched everyone else's efforts and has also had the upturn in performance too, so no carrying needed recently and I hope he can go one step further now and try reach the levels of his performances last season. If he does, then I suspect he will be hot property again and the bigger clubs may come in for him. If however, his performances drop off again, then he could still be with us past the summer, as he is still valued at around 35-40 Million and has wage demands of £100k or more, so that may put many off. 

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I remember the thread. I have no agenda lol 

I want Mahrez to stay here as long as possible. I felt that after that game particularly, where every other player had a huge upturn in effort and performance, he didn't seem to and so I threw it out there, whether the team could continue to carry an underperforming Mahrez if their performances and efforts had all improved. 

Since that game, he has matched everyone else's efforts and has also had the upturn in performance too, so no carrying needed recently and I hope he can go one step further now and try reach the levels of his performances last season. If he does, then I suspect he will be hot property again and the bigger clubs may come in for him. If however, his performances drop off again, then he could still be with us past the summer, as he is still valued at around 35-40 Million and has wage demands of £100k or more, so that may put many off. 

I see. You change your opinion about his sale (or not) from game to game.

Just now, MattCan said:

I see. You change your opinion about his sale (or not) from game to game.

His sale? Think you misunderstood my post matey. 

I was questioning whether we should start Gray over him, as Mahrez was underperforming. Similar to me wanting Slimani to be tried instead of Vardy earlier in the season, when he was underperforming.

Since Claudio's sacking, the whole team have transformed, so no need to be dropping anyone right now. 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

His sale? Think you misunderstood my post matey. 

I was questioning whether we should start Gray over him, as Mahrez was underperforming. Similar to me wanting Slimani to be tried instead of Vardy earlier in the season, when he was underperforming.

Since Claudio's sacking, the whole team have transformed, so no need to be dropping anyone right now. 

This team only functions with the title-winning XI starters. Didn't this season show you that? Moreover, if you threaten the 2 main goal providers (Mahrez and Vardy) with the 'bench', you are doing the club a huge disservice ultimately.

11 minutes ago, MattCan said:

This team only functions with the title-winning XI starters. Didn't this season show you that? Moreover, if you threaten the 2 main goal providers (Mahrez and Vardy) with the 'bench', you are doing the club a huge disservice ultimately.

Well it not only didn't function for 8 months of this season, it was down right shambolic and I will stand by my comments back then. Ultimately, the biggest change that needed to happen, was that of the manager. If we hadn't had changed Claudio and our player's awful form had continued, then I would still be calling for Gray, Slimani, Benny etc all to be given chances. I think part of Claudio's downfall (amongst other things), was not changing the underperforming players. We should have seen much more of Benny and Gray for example. I don't think that would have saved him his job but it couldn't have made things much worse at the time. 

The players needed a huge kick up the arse, and they got it with a Manager change, and are now performing to similar levels of last season, but lets not forget the 8 months of absolute dross prior to that sacking, and it's wrong to criticise people who questioned the players, as well as the Manager. Their starting positions were rightly questioned and will be again if their effort and levels drop. 

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Well it not only didn't function for 8 months of this season, it was down right shambolic and I will stand by my comments back then. Ultimately, the biggest change that needed to happen, was that of the manager. If we hadn't had changed Claudio and our player's awful form had continued, then I would still be calling for Gray, Slimani, Benny etc all to be given chances. I think part of Claudio's downfall (amongst other things), was not changing the underperforming players. We should have seen much more of Benny and Gray for example. I don't think that would have saved him his job but it couldn't have made things much worse at the time. 

The players needed a huge kick up the arse, and they got it with a Manager change, and are now performing to similar levels of last season, but lets not forget the 8 months of absolute dross prior to that sacking, and it's wrong to criticise people who questioned the players, as well as the Manager. Their starting positions were rightly questioned and will be again if their effort and levels drop. 

Well, didn't Ranieri play Slimani, Gray, Chilwell, Musa, Mendy, Amartey, Benny, Zieler, etc. ? He DID. It didn't work. He even benched Mahrez, Vardy, Okazaki, and Fuchs at times.  I don't buy the 'players downing the tools' argument, at least not entirely. The reasons that led to Ranieri's failure over this season are still not clear. The only obvious thing to the observer is that the collective XI of last year is the only recipe for success for the time being, as proven by the last results.

Just now, MattCan said:

Well, didn't Ranieri play Slimani, Gray, Chilwell, Musa, Mendy, Amartey, Benny, Zieler, etc. ? He DID. It didn't work. He even benched Mahrez, Vardy, Okazaki, and Fuchs at times.  I don't buy the 'players downing the tools' argument, at least not entirely. The reasons that led to Ranieri's failure over this season are still not clear. The only obvious thing to the observer is that the collective XI of last year is the only recipe for success for the time being, as proven by the last results.

Last seasons regular 11 were absolute shite playing together at points this season. It didn't go wrong because slimani played a few games in place of okazaki it went to shit because the tactics ranieri decided we'd use this season were woeful 

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Last seasons regular 11 were absolute shite playing together at points this season. It didn't go wrong because slimani played a few games in place of okazaki it went to shit because the tactics ranieri decided we'd use this season were woeful 

Could be but aren't people blaming Shakespeare for playing Slimani and Musa on Saturday with his own tactics?

Just now, MattCan said:

Could be but aren't people blaming Shakespeare for playing Slimani and Musa on Saturday with his own tactics?

Some people moaned when we were walking away with league. Not everything is always going to be perfect.  

Also ndidi wasn't with us last season so applying your logic we should still be losing 3-0 without putting up a fight. While we just ignore the fact that the team from last looked absolutely clueless under Ranieri's direction this season. We haven't just started winning because he's put those specific players on the pitch. I'd have thought anyone could see that. 

Archived