Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

16 minutes ago, Tuna said:

And he arrogantly acts like he doesn't understand why Arsenal fans are unhapppy. He's either oblivious or he's so arrogant he dismisses the fans concerns. I'm guessing the latter. I actually don't think Wenger has any respect for the Arsenal fans. He treats them with disdain. 

I really wish he'd just bugger off. I'm bored of hearing about his failures every year. 

7 hours ago, Koke said:

And he arrogantly acts like he doesn't understand why Arsenal fans are unhapppy. He's either oblivious or he's so arrogant he dismisses the fans concerns. I'm guessing the latter. I actually don't think Wenger has any respect for the Arsenal fans. He treats them with disdain. 

I really wish he'd just bugger off. I'm bored of hearing about his failures every year. 

I think it's laughable that Wenger basically decides his own future. Don't Arsenal have a board of directors and a democratic vote? It's like he owns the club.

9 hours ago, Koke said:

Nah keep letting them slide backwards until they're beyond repair 

11 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

@the fox Just so you don't drive me spare, please note that the word 'defiantly' is NOT the same in meaning (or indeed spelling) as the word 'definitely'.

It drives me crackers, I have no idea why.

lol

it's interesting how you seem to trawl the forum defiantly looking for grammatical and semantic imperfection. It definitely must take your time up when you could be doing something infinitely more worthwhile.

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

it's interesting how you seem to trawl the forum defiantly looking for grammatical and semantic imperfection. It definitely must take your time up when you could be doing something infinitely more worthwhile.

Do I trawl it, Col, or do I just comment upon it once in every so often, having noticed it, and ignore nearly all the rest of the nonsense? But I am definitely defiant, whatever it is I do...

8 hours ago, Koke said:

Surely, as a leicester fan, you'd want him to stay.

35 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

No idea why wenger would want to sign a contract, unless its huge money, surely not worth the hassle. It's just going to get worse and worse for him if they continue they way they're going.  

well its meant to be £8mil a season, so there is one reason

if Wenger wants to stay hes got to have a radical overhaul of the squad and Arsenal will have to do something about the wage structure there since they dont like to pay top dollar to players.

but he seems too stubborn for any of that tbh

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Nah keep letting them slide backwards utility they're beyond repair 

They finished second last year... not having a great season this year, but I get the feeling their fans might regret calling for his head. You look back through history and their natural position is mostly that 2nd to 5th positioning. He's achieving what they usually achieve, I wouldn't say he was under achieving hugely.

He needed to transition away what they have become, the Arsenal that won things was filled with power and strength. They are far too light weight, you'd not back many of them in a battle.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I think it's laughable that Wenger basically decides his own future. Don't Arsenal have a board of directors and a democratic vote? It's like he owns the club.

And named it after himself. :ph34r:

They need a major overhaul from the owners right down to the players. What are their ambitions? Was having this discussion with a work colleague who's a Gooner and he says they're just a business now, and a profitable one but thats it. 4th place and the odd cup win keeps the shareholders happy 

Maybe they've looked at the fallout at United after Fergie left and don't want to risk it

15 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Lewandowski: narh **** winning the Bundesliga every year and competing for the CL every season at one of the biggest clubs on the planet, I want to potter around winning fvck all on Merseyside.

lol

He could ask Suarez for advice.

22 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They finished second last year... not having a great season this year, but I get the feeling their fans might regret calling for his head. You look back through history and their natural position is mostly that 2nd to 5th positioning. He's achieving what they usually achieve, I wouldn't say he was under achieving hugely.

He needed to transition away what they have become, the Arsenal that won things was filled with power and strength. They are far too light weight, you'd not back many of them in a battle.

I'm pretty sure they'll regret it too. I get the impression that they think if he goes the next manager is going to turn them into world beaters. The problem is its gone on for too long. What top world class talent is going to choose arsenal? 

I can't see any player in the category the fans want coming to Arsenal. They recruiting players a step down and unless they have no choice genuine world class talent doesnt choose arsenal. 

I agree that they have no fight. They don't have a leader really. Nobody that's going to dig out people not performing or try and motivate. Wenger doesn't even look like he cares any more half the time. Sanchez could be that kind of player if he wanted to but he's decided to act like a school child being forced to play on the kids who don't like footballs team in P.E 

I think Arsene is planning to give it 1 more year and do something he has always been criticised for not doing..and spend a crap load on players in the Summer.

I actually think it is the worst possible time in his mind to leave, as he goes with what looks like will be his most disappointing ever season. 

Fans will kick off big-time but that's my prediction anyway. I sympathise with the fans, as they have been told they should be happy with just a top 4 finish each season and little else. 

I predict he will go out and spend 200 Million this summer... Heard it here first lol  (watch him quit now...) 

11 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Do people think we will be able to keep Mahrez beyond the summer? I'm curious of people's opinions. He's a quality player and has a godly left foot& in the correct system he could be incredible for us. Also, his stats(goals&assists) have been poor this season. Thoughts?

I think his dream move would be to join Kante at Chelsea but I doubt he would start every week for them. I can see him going to a club like Tottenham or Liverpool but I wouldn't be that shocked if he stayed with us another 6 months or so, as I would say it's in the balance whether a "big" club in the Prem will come calling this summer. A lot depends on how he finishes this season. He has only just started to find form again but if he slips back into being anonymous, then I doubt a big club would fork out 35-40 million just yet. 

No matter what happened with the team and his form this season, I am chuffed he gave us another year, especially when he could have gone elsewhere, so if he does decide to move this summer, then I will be disappointed, but certainly won't begrudge him a move. Will be curious to see how he fairs in a team full of world class players too. 

Archived