Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

1 minute ago, MattCan said:

Well, didn't Ranieri play Slimani, Gray, Chilwell, Musa, Mendy, Amartey, Benny, Zieler, etc. ? He DID. It didn't work. He even benched Mahrez, Vardy, Okazaki, and Fuchs at times.  I don't buy the 'players downing the tools' argument, at least not entirely. The reasons that led to Ranieri's failure over this season are still not clear. The only obvious thing to the observer is that the collective XI of last year is the only recipe for success for the time being, as proven by the last results.

Not enough for me. I thought considering how poor we were, and we were awful, these 4 in particular should have been starting. We are going off topic now anyway. You didn't like me questioning Mahrez, and I felt it was more than justified. Not only was he not contributing in attack, but he was also leaving Simpson exposed, so I either wanted a change of formation or to try Albrighton on the right and Gray on the left. This went on for 8 months by the way, so hardly a knee-jerk reaction. I also wanted to see how he would react by being dropped for Gray for a period of time. Claudio stuck with him though as well as the same back 4 and Vardy, and our poor run continued, leading us to being the only team in all 4 divisions, who hadn't scored in 2017 and also to 5 losses in a row.

Happy to see that the players performing once again and long may it continue. I would like Mahrez to stay past the summer window but if he does, and his performances drop to the levels they were for 8 months of this season, then I will once again be questioning whether he should be dropped. :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Some people moaned when we were walking away with league. Not everything is always going to be perfect.  

Also ndidi wasn't with us last season so applying your logic we should still be losing 3-0 without putting up a fight. While we just ignore the fact that the team from last looked absolutely clueless under Ranieri's direction this season. We haven't just started winning because he's put those specific players on the pitch. I'd have thought anyone could see that. 

With Kante, we would be competing for top 4. So, yes, my logic seems to make sense. I don't see why you can't see it. I partially agree with the Ranieri factor but that topic is very open for debate. For the record, the most changed team composition was against Porto (away) with which we suffered our most humiliating defeat. We got our best win against Sevilla with the title-winning XI, again. Results are on my side of the argument.

4 minutes ago, MattCan said:

With Kante, we would be competing for top 4. So, yes, my logic seems to make sense. I don't see why you can't see it. I partially agree with the Ranieri factor but that topic is very open for debate. For the record, the most changed team composition was against Porto (away) with which we suffered our most humiliating defeat. We got our best win against Sevilla with the title-winning XI, again. Results are on my side of the argument.

We had already qualified top of the group and were away to a decent side in Porto. Claudio made too many changes and we were on an awful run in the Premier League. 

Against Sevilla, we were home and it was all or nothing to qualify for the champions league quarter final. We also had a different manager and a complete change in confidence and mentality. 

Hardly the same thing! :blink:

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

We had already qualified top of the group and were away to a decent side in Porto. Claudio made too many changes and we were on an awful run in the Premier League. 

Against Sevilla, we were home and it was all or nothing to qualify for the champions league quarter final. We also had a different manager and a complete change in confidence and mentality. 

Hardly the same thing! :blink:

I was talking about the starting XI, not mentality and moods. :blink:

18 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Not enough for me. I thought considering how poor we were, and we were awful, these 4 in particular should have been starting. We are going off topic now anyway. You didn't like me questioning Mahrez, and I felt it was more than justified. Not only was he not contributing in attack, but he was also leaving Simpson exposed, so I either wanted a change of formation or to try Albrighton on the right and Gray on the left. This went on for 8 months by the way, so hardly a knee-jerk reaction. I also wanted to see how he would react by being dropped for Gray for a period of time. Claudio stuck with him though as well as the same back 4 and Vardy, and our poor run continued, leading us to being the only team in all 4 divisions, who hadn't scored in 2017 and also to 5 losses in a row.

Happy to see that the players performing once again and long may it continue. I would like Mahrez to stay past the summer window but if he does, and his performances drop to the levels they were for 8 months of this season, then I will once again be questioning whether he should be dropped. :thumbup:

Alright. Keep making those 'carrying Mahrez' threads then until you'll no longer have to carry him ...  smh ..

1 minute ago, MattCan said:

Alright. Keep making those 'carrying Mahrez' threads then until you'll no longer have to carry him ...  smh ..

If he or any other player underperforms for 8 months, then hell yes I will. Just to wind you up a little more, I would also have tried dropping Wes, Huth, Fuchs, Drinkwater and Vardy ;)

1 hour ago, rico said:

Can't believe Kante is so far down in the power rankings!

3913264.jpg

Because he has better players around him. But take him out of Chelsea to see the difference.

Hazzard and co won't drop the ball like we did. They know how to keep it and comfortable with it. They can play it around we can't and could not.

What they do is what CR wanted us to do but we don't have the players.

How many games have the had 30% possession? Most of our games that's all we had.

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

If he or any other player underperforms for 8 months, then hell yes I will. Just to wind you up a little more, I would also have tried dropping Wes, Huth, Fuchs, Drinkwater and Vardy ;)

Naaah,  you are infatuated with Mahrez magic, confess ;)

2 hours ago, MattCan said:

The Kante argument is pure speculation because you can't deny the tactics were changed this season and the evidence from Ranieris press conferences is there to see. He was always going to change the way we played regardless. 

We've had a few good wins this season. Even the odd good performance before. Not all involved only last seasons 11.  It's incredibly dismissive and selective to say the only way to win is last seasons 11. Infact it's just wrong. 

he has a point here "In England, there are boxes and it is impossible to get out of them," Barton told Le Journal du Dimanche. "At the moment, for example, everyone swears by N'Golo Kante. It's fashionable. For pundits, he's the best midfielder in the world. That's not the case – he's very good, but I played against him three weeks ago"

there are people out there that think kante is the best mid in the world, the best DM,maybe! but he is not the best mid

55 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

The Kanye argument is pure speculation because you can't deny the tactics were changed this season and the evidence from Ranieris press conferences is there to see. He was always going to change the way we played regardless. 

We've had a few good wins this season. Even the odd good performance before. Not all involved only last seasons 11.  It's incredibly dismissive and selective to say the only way to win is last seasons 11. Infact it's just wrong. 

Of course, you would need to sub and replace in case of injuries or other tactical or 'force majeure' situations. What I'm saying is that the title-winning XI remains the backbone of this team. It forms an inexplicably compact and efficient stand-alone machine.  This is only my humble opinion and don't care you labeling it wrong. We are just debating.

3 minutes ago, MattCan said:

Of course, you would need to sub and replace in case of injuries or other tactical or 'force majeure' situations. What I'm saying is that the title-winning XI remains the backbone of this team. It forms an inexplicably compact and efficient stand-alone machine.  This is only my humble opinion and don't care you labeling it wrong. We are just debating.

I know we are, and I'm happy to debate.  What I'm saying is wrong is you suggesting the only way to win is last seasons 11 (minus Kante for Ndidi) because we have had good performances this season where that has not been the case. 

Man city for example had a midfield duo of King and Amarty. Whilst you could obviously argue that they were here and played last season I wouldn't put them in the category your argument suggests. It also started with Amarty and Zeiler. 

There's more to it than the only way we win is with those 11 individuals it comes down to the tactics laid out by CR. He stopped the pressing and said on many occasions including towards the end last season he wanted us to play with more possession. That being despite the fact our team are much better by surrending possession and then going straight for the throat when we get it. 

We have others more than capable of stepping in should one of the players from last season drop out if we keep playing the way we have under Shakespeare. I have no doubt they were recruited with our game plan in mind (bar mendy) the only problem is they still haven't got the confidence back the rest have. 

We as Leicester fans should also be aware more than any that given time to settle big things can happen. After Vardy we've generally not been bad for giving players time but this season seems to have set us back on those regards 

2 hours ago, MattCan said:

Well, didn't Ranieri play Slimani, Gray, Chilwell, Musa, Mendy, Amartey, Benny, Zieler, etc. ? He DID. It didn't work. He even benched Mahrez, Vardy, Okazaki, and Fuchs at times.  I don't buy the 'players downing the tools' argument, at least not entirely. The reasons that led to Ranieri's failure over this season are still not clear. The only obvious thing to the observer is that the collective XI of last year is the only recipe for success for the time being, as proven by the last results.

You're one to talk about others being wrong mate, when Ranieri got sacked you lambasted the owners as well as me for defending them lol 

37 minutes ago, Corky said:

The same way he said Neymar was crap off the back of a few Confederations Cup appearances a few years ago.

Bloke goes against the grain for the sake of it, crap player and crap person.

32 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

The same way he said Neymar was crap off the back of a few Confederations Cup appearances a few years ago.

Bloke goes against the grain for the sake of it, crap player and crap person.

Seems like you've annoyed him..

What's that MTWG geezer saying about me on FoxesTalk?

Stick to the Tinder thread, la', your thing yanno.

7:10 pm · 20 Mar 2017

1 hour ago, the fox said:

he has a point here "In England, there are boxes and it is impossible to get out of them," Barton told Le Journal du Dimanche. "At the moment, for example, everyone swears by N'Golo Kante. It's fashionable. For pundits, he's the best midfielder in the world. That's not the case – he's very good, but I played against him three weeks ago"

there are people out there that think kante is the best mid in the world, the best DM,maybe! but he is not the best mid

I'm sick of all the spaffing over Kante as well.

Kante was underrated last season, this season he's overrated. Seems to already be guaranteed PFA POTY this season.

I think a lot of it is because of pundits etc seeing our downfall occurring at the same time as Chelsea's uprising, and going for the most obvious explanation that both events are all down to Kante moving. They haven't considered that Chelsea is just returning to where they were prior to last season, and that we had other deeper issues going on this season. Kante wasn't irreplaceable for us, Ndidi is a perfectly adequate replacement, Gueye would have been too. There are other players that can do what Kante does, maybe not as well, but those other players have additional attributes (eg height, shooting ability) that Kante doesn't, which makes up for being slightly less good at tackling/reading the game/whatever.

If China do come back in for Slimani and he wants to go, then I wonder how much it would cost to get Andre Gray here. He seems to suit our style of play with his pace and directness and still only 25. I'd actually buy him anyway and have Slimani, Vardy and Gray in the same squad, but that's wishful thinking! :scarf:

26 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

If China do come back in for Slimani and he wants to go, then I wonder how much it would cost to get Andre Gray here. He seems to suit our style of play with his pace and directness and still only 25. I'd actually buy him anyway and have Slimani, Vardy and Gray in the same squad, but that's wishful thinking! :scarf:

I'd rather we got josh King but grays good enough. Maybe a Musa swap deal?

8 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I'd rather we got josh King but grays good enough. Maybe a Musa swap deal?

Is that the same Josh King that many people on here said was shite and laughed when Bournemouth signed him a season and a half ago?

lol

I think it is. Personally I reckon he'd fit in well here and looks infinitely better than Musa.

6 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Would anyone take Son from spurs as an upgrade on Oka? He's creative and works hard, knows where the goal is and apparently available at end of the season. 

Nah.. He's soiled goods! 

Don't want any ex spuds! 

Archived