Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I'm no going off his repuration I'm going off of what I've seen of him and it would be an unambitious signing imo. We can do better I don't know what's controversial about that? 

Depends entirely on how much you've seen of him I suppose. If you regularly watch full Bournemouth games I apologise.

Joey Barton: N'Golo Kante is overrated

Speaking with French newspaper Le Journal du Dimanche (h/t the London Evening Standard), Barton said: “At the moment, in England, people only swear by N’Golo Kante. It’s the fashion. For pundits, he’s the best midfielder in the world. Oh! He’s very good, but I played against him three weeks ago, and that’s not the case. He’s a fantastic destroyer in a phenomenal team, but not a creator.”

Barton continues by saying it’s impossible to claim a player who has never played a minute of Champions League football as one of the best in the game.

“It’s impossible to be so definitive with a player who hasn’t played a game in the Champions League. Two years ago, no one knew him, and I’m surprised that all of the scouts had missed him before. I’m of a sceptical nature"

'Ooh look at me I'm different'.

3 hours ago, Mark_w said:

Depends entirely on how much you've seen of him I suppose. If you regularly watch full Bournemouth games I apologise.

I have (unfortunately) seen more of Bournemouth than I'd have liked to this season. One of my mates is a fan and if I don't go to an away or we arent playing they'll be being streamed (obviously I'll put Leicester on and he'll have Bournemouth). From what I've seen of him I don't think he'd really do very well here. 

Of course we could sign him and I could be proven wrong but he doesn't really show and anything to suggest he'd add anything we don't already have 

21 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Joey Barton: N'Golo Kante is overrated

'Ooh look at me I'm different'.

Barton has a point tbf.

Kante is brilliant at what he does but he has a touch of the Emporer's new clothes for me. Saying he's the world's best midfielder is a pseudo intellectually way of saying "look at me and how much I know about the game that I think a midfielder who rarely scores or assists is the best midfielder in the world".

Kante was still behind Vardy and Mahrez last season for me, brilliant as he is.

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Barton has a point tbf.

Kante is brilliant at what he does but he has a touch of the Emporer's new clothes for me. Saying he's the world's best midfielder is a pseudo intellectually way of saying "look at me and how much I know about the game that I think a midfielder who rarely scores or assists is the best midfielder in the world".

Kante was still behind Vardy and Mahrez last season for me, brilliant as he is.

Interesting, I'd have Kanté as by a country mile the best player in our team last season. He never even put in a good performance, he was always excellent in every game he played.

He's a little shackled at Chelsea, I'd love to see him at Barca. I think they'd win everything with him in midfield.

Just now, filbertway said:

Interesting, I'd have Kanté as by a country mile the best player in our team last season. He never even put in a good performance, he was always excellent in every game he played.

He's a little shackled at Chelsea, I'd love to see him at Barca. I think they'd win everything with him in midfield.

I'm not saying he wasn't brilliant for us but goals and assists are the biggest commodities in football.

Vardy got 24 goals and 12 assists and his style of play was instrumental in us winning the league.

Mahrez got 17 goals and 12 assists playing RM in a 4-4-2.

http://www.worldfootball.net/scorer/eng-premier-league-2015-2016/

We probably wouldn't have won the title without Kante but we definitely wouldn't have won it without Vardy or Mahrez.

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

I'm not saying he wasn't brilliant for us but goals and assists are the biggest commodities in football.

Vardy got 24 goals and 12 assists and his style of play was instrumental in us winning the league.

Mahrez got 17 goals and 12 assists playing RM in a 4-4-2.

We probably wouldn't have won the title without Kante but we definitely wouldn't have won it without Vardy or Mahrez.

Vardy, Mahrez and the rest of the attacking players had that platform because of Kante. The defenders had ultimate protection from Kante. 

Kante made these average players look so so good. 

Luiz and Cahill are nothing special. Most forwards will have a run on them - look at how Rashford made Cahill look silly the other week - but Kante gives them so so much and makes them look far better than what they are.

Just now, Fox92 said:

Vardy, Mahrez and the rest of the attacking players had that platform because of Kante. The defenders had ultimate protection from Kante. 

Kante made these average players look so so good. 

Luiz and Cahill are nothing special. Most forwards will have a run on them - look at how Rashford made Cahill look silly the other week - but Kante gives them so so much and makes them look far better than what they are.

I'm fully aware of Kante's qualities but IMO I would rate his contribution slightly behind Vardy and Mahrez last season. I know that's not a fashionable thing to say.

I get the point though, obviously we massively miss Kante but the performances over the past 5 games have been on par with last season without him. Take Vardy out of our team this year or last and we don't win anywhere near as many games, same goes with Mahrez.

They were a devastating trio and I don't think any one can be classed as more valuable than the others.

15 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Mahrez or Vardy  better than Kante last year, what lol

As I've said Emporer's new clothes that anyone who doesn't have the same opinion is automatically ridiculed and not schooled enough in the game to have an alternative view.. 

Is saying Vardy and Mahrez were more important to us last season such a ridiculous comment that it has to be ridiculed?

I'm not comparing Kante's contribution to Okazaki, Simpson, Albrighton, etc.

Vardy and Mahrez contributed directly to 65 goals whether it be goals or assists last season. Of the next best three combinations:

Kane and Ali 48

Giroud and Ozil 47

Aguero and De Bruyne 43

Vardy and Mahrez were almost 50% better than any other pairing by goals and assists.

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

As I've said Emporer's new clothes that anyone who doesn't have the same opinion is automatically ridiculed and not schooled enough in the game to have an alternative view.. 

Is saying Vardy and Mahrez were more important to us last season such a ridiculous comment that it has to be ridiculed?

Vardy and Mahrez contributed directly to 65 goals whether it be goals or assists last season. Of the next best three combinations:

Kane and Ali 48

Giroud and Ozil 47

Aguero and De Bruyne 43

Yes that's right, because I think that the premierships best player (imo) was less influential than Mahrez and Vardy last season I'm less schooled in the game.

Makes sense. How does one become schooled in the game? Can you teach me 

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

Yes that's right, because I think that the premierships best player (imo) was less influential than Mahrez and Vardy last season I'm less schooled in the game.

Makes sense. How does one become schooled in the game? Can you teach me 

What a strange response from someone who initially ridiculed my view because it wasn't the same as your sheep like one. :blink:

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

What a strange response from someone who initially ridiculed my view because it wasn't the same as your sheep like one. :blink:

No I just found it amusing that you think you're 'more schooled' in the game for simply going against the grain. It probably is a sheep like opinion but you've got to ask yourself why. What he brings to the game is just unbelievable and I shouldn't really have to justify that. No way in hell we would've won the league without Kante, mightve done without Mahrez or Vardy

19 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Kane and Ali 48

Giroud and Ozil 47

Aguero and De Bruyne 43

Vardy and Mahrez were almost 50% better than any other pairing by goals and assists.

Surely your statistics are only valid if you can show how many goals Vardy/Mahrez/etc would have scored if Kante hadn't played ?

4 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

No I just found it amusing that you think you're 'more schooled' in the game for simply going against the grain. It probably is a sheep like opinion but you've got to ask yourself why. What he brings to the game is just unbelievable and I shouldn't really have to justify that. No way in hell we would've won the league without Kante, mightve done without Mahrez or Vardy

you know that mahrez was voted as the best player in the league by the players, right:blink:

overrating a chelsea player while discrediting two leicester players:appl::appl:

8 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

That's not the context I used it in.

My point was that you felt the need to ridicule my perfectly reasonable opinion that Vardy and Mahrez were more vital to us last season. I was assuming you've bought into the "Emporer's new clothes" that Kante is the best thing since sliced bread and suggesting anything else means that said person isn't as "schooled" in the game as yourself otherwise we'd see that Kante is better than Messi, Neymar and Suarez all rolled into one.

32 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Kane and Ali 48

Giroud and Ozil 47

Aguero and De Bruyne 43

Have you made sure not to count goals and assists where one has assisted the other twice? That sounds like it's way too many to me.

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

58ce8868df8d1_giphy(2).gif.172e490dda6fd5b5a6466617a6d737bb.gif.af9f22e442e63c65e356822ebaaa89c4.gif

you know that mahrez was voted as the best player in the league by the players, right:blink:

overrating a chelsea player while discrediting two leicester players:appl::appl:

Jesus christ not another one. I'm not taking anything away from the pair of them im just saying Kante gave us the platform to do something unreal like win the league. 

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

That's not the context I used it in.

My point was that you felt the need to ridicule my perfectly reasonable opinion that Vardy and Mahrez were more vital to us last season. I was assuming you've bought into the "Emporer's new clothes" that Kante is the best thing since sliced bread and suggesting anything else means that said person isn't as "schooled" in the game as yourself otherwise we'd see that Kante is better than Messi, Neymar and Suarez all rolled into one.

Okay bud

17 minutes ago, jumbo747 said:

Surely your statistics are only valid if you can show how many goals Vardy/Mahrez/etc would have scored if Kante hadn't played ?

Well no one can so it's about opinions.

People are very quick to give Kante credit for all of Vardy and Mahrez's contributions but I didn't see Kante score from a dipping shot against Liverpool from 30 yards or Kante bamboozle the Man City defence and give Hart the eyes before putting it in the opposite corner with his weaker foot.

Before people completely grab the wrong end of the stick again this isn't a derogatory post about Kante's contribution but giving more credit to Vardy and Mahrez for their contribution last season.

4 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Jesus christ not another one. I'm not taking anything away from the pair of them im just saying Kante gave us the platform to do something unreal like win the league. 

shakey's team is as strong as last season's, dont you think n'didi is giving them a platform, doesn't that mean n'didi >mahrez and vardy

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Have you made sure not to count goals and assists where one has assisted the other twice? That sounds like it's way too many to me.

Well it is but that goes the same for every player in the league, I've just used this site where it tells you each players goals and assists.

Archived