Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think his dream move would be to join Kante at Chelsea but I doubt he would start every week for them. I can see him going to a club like Tottenham or Liverpool but I wouldn't be that shocked if he stayed with us another 6 months or so, as I would say it's in the balance whether a "big" club in the Prem will come calling this summer. A lot depends on how he finishes this season. He has only just started to find form again but if he slips back into being anonymous, then I doubt a big club would fork out 35-40 million just yet. 

No matter what happened with the team and his form this season, I am chuffed he gave us another year, especially when he could have gone elsewhere, so if he does decide to move this summer, then I will be disappointed, but certainly won't begrudge him a move. Will be curious to see how he fairs in a team full of world class players too. 

He dosent fit Chelsea 3-4-3 system because he dosent put in the graft Pedro does therefor him and hazard couldn't play together. He won't go Liverpool, man city have two £50m wingers. I doubt he'd fit in a Mourinho aide. Would Arsenal pay £40m for him? 

Just now, sylofox said:

Fourth would be better. Then we lift the CL and kick them out lollol Then watch the goners bitch lollol

Tottenham need to finish 4th so we can laugh at them.

4 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

He dosent fit Chelsea 3-4-3 system because he dosent put in the graft Pedro does therefor him and hazard couldn't play together. He won't go Liverpool, man city have two £50m wingers. I doubt he'd fit in a Mourinho aide. Would Arsenal pay £40m for him? 

Chelsea - Doubtful. Like you said, he doesn't fit into the hard grafting style that Conte seems to like

Tottenham - Possible. They rely so heavily on Eriksen for their flair and creativity, so perhaps would be keen to bring in a player like Mahrez. 

Man City - No. They will be signing only the very best in the world and already have a number of top flair players.

Liverpool - Possible. Not sure why you don't think Liverpool would be interested. I know Klopp likes grafting style too, but I just have a hunch that Mahrez would be a good option for them.

Man U - No. Similar to Man City. They will be spending huge on the very best players in the world and as good as we think Mahrez is, he still hasn't shown enough for a Man U/Mourinho club.

Arsenal - Possible. I think they will be spending big in the summer and he probably fits into their philosophy of play more than any of the other clubs. 

Can't see him moving to any other Premier League clubs. Everton perhaps but doubt they would spend 40 Million plus 100k wages on him. 

I think he is pretty settled in the UK, so would be surprised if he moved abroad, unless a huge club like Barce, Real of Bayern came calling (unlikely). PSG are the most likely to a) be interested and b) able to afford him. I wouldn't be surprised if they come in for him this summer. Probably more likely than any other club, I would have thought. 

Like I said, I still think he will need to carry on this recent form and really start standing out again, for any of these clubs to pay 35-40 million this summer, so there is still a good chance he will remain, especially if we show more ambition and make some big signings this summer as well. I believe he is happy and settled here too, which helps our cause. 

Just now, Mark_w said:

Tottenham need to finish 4th so we can laugh at them.

Yes spuds would be better but I don't see that happening. Then again the melt down on blue moon would be funny as well.

Florets and the sheep may not care about us but funny how some of the biggest clubs in the world do. Oh and add blunderland ffs they would have been all over that lollol

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Chelsea - Doubtful. Like you said, he doesn't fit into the hard grafting style that Conte seems to like

Tottenham - Possible. They rely so heavily on Eriksen for their flair and creativity, so perhaps would be keen to bring in a player like Mahrez. 

Man City - No. They will be signing only the very best in the world and already have a number of top flair players.

Liverpool - Possible. Not sure why you don't think Liverpool would be interested. I know Klopp likes grafting style too, but I just have a hunch that Mahrez would be a good option for them.

Man U - No. Similar to Man City. They will be spending huge on the very best players in the world and as good as we think Mahrez is, he still hasn't shown enough for a Man U/Mourinho club.

Arsenal - Possible. I think they will be spending big in the summer and he probably fits into their philosophy of play more than any of the other clubs. 

Can't see him moving to any other Premier League clubs. Everton perhaps but doubt they would spend 40 Million plus 100k wages on him. 

I think he is pretty settled in the UK, so would be surprised if he moved abroad, unless a huge club like Barce, Real of Bayern came calling (unlikely). PSG are the most likely to a) be interested and b) able to afford him. I wouldn't be surprised if they come in for him this summer. Probably more likely than any other club, I would have thought. 

Like I said, I still think he will need to carry on this recent form and really start standing out again, for any of these clubs to pay 35-40 million this summer, so there is still a good chance he will remain, especially if we show more ambition and make some big signings this summer as well. I believe he is happy and settled here too, which helps our cause. 

Spuds would have to break the pay structure to sign Mahrez.

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Spuds would have to break the pay structure to sign Mahrez.

In terms of transfer fee or wages? I heard that they have a very strict wage one, and was surprised when I heard how little some of their top players were on.

Mahrez wouldn't move for anything less than his 100k a week I'm sure. 

If he stays with us next season and is able to have a similar season to our title winning one, then he could go to a top 4 club I'm sure. At the moment, it's still in the balance whether he is a top player or a world class one IMO. 

10 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

In terms of transfer fee or wages? I heard that they have a very strict wage one, and was surprised when I heard how little some of their top players were on.

Mahrez wouldn't move for anything less than his 100k a week I'm sure. 

If he stays with us next season and is able to have a similar season to our title winning one, then he could go to a top 4 club I'm sure. At the moment, it's still in the balance whether he is a top player or a world class one IMO. 

Harry the cock Kane is on 90k tops. Mahrez will want 120k to move. Spuds would have to give 6 players a huge rise if not more if the got Mahrez.

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Harry the cock Kane is on 90k tops. Mahrez will want 120k to move. Spuds would have to give 6 players a huge rise if not more if the got Mahrez.

I think Mahrez would move to Champions League club if they matched his 100k a week, but if you're right and even Kane isn't on 100k then I can't see Mahrez taking a pay cut, especially if we stay in the Prem and look to be ambitious in the Summer window. 

Arsenal or PSG perhaps are his most likely destinations then, if he does move. 

37 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Can you imagine Mahrez moving and living in Liverpool? Because I can't. They need defenders not attackers anyway.

Mahrez gets criticised for not tracking back but I think this does him a huge disservice! At both the back end of last season and during our mini revival he's done a lot of it. It's not his natural game and given his physicality it's not something he excels in but if you compare him to similar players such as Hazard and Ozil then Mahrez is by far the better team player / best defensively of the three. 

51 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think Mahrez would move to Champions League club if they matched his 100k a week, but if you're right and even Kane isn't on 100k then I can't see Mahrez taking a pay cut, especially if we stay in the Prem and look to be ambitious in the Summer window. 

Arsenal or PSG perhaps are his most likely destinations then, if he does move. 

Well a spuds fan the other day agreed they can't afford him as it would break the pay structure. Even if he went on the same terms.

I can't for the life of me see how the Arsenal fans could regret Wenger stepping aside, or moving upstairs etc.

What would there be to 'regret'? The odd FA cup here or there and ok, qualifying for the Champs League every season but doing nothing in the tournament. Is that the the level of 'regret' that the Arsenal fans may be subjected to?

I can't stand Arsenal. Personally, I dislike them more than the Spuds, for some reason. But there is no doubting they are a huge club with a massive fan base, pots of money and big big expectation.

Wenger has had his day imo. He had his day probably years ago. It's time for the club to at least try to attain the next level and to win some more silverware. There is no point just stockpiling cash every year and doing nowt with it.

They have become a joke of a club in my eyes. Satisfied with the mediocre, Wenger running the bloody show and fans who are split down the middle re. Stay or go.

Where is their ambition? Or at least their quest for greatness?

47 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Can you imagine Mahrez moving and living in Liverpool? Because I can't. They need defenders not attackers anyway.

If Coutinho leaves, then i can see Mahrez going to Liverpool.

18 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Mahrez gets criticised for not tracking back but I think this does him a huge disservice! At both the back end of last season and during our mini revival he's done a lot of it. It's not his natural game and given his physicality it's not something he excels in but if you compare him to similar players such as Hazard and Ozil then Mahrez is by far the better team player / best defensively of the three. 

I've not criticised him for not tracking back, but more so his lack of effort when back there and in already position. Earlier in the season, he would too easily let his man run off him or not close down the ball when he was right infront of him, and too easily allowing them to cross. I often noticed he left opposition players in space on the back post where he could easily fill that space and help Simpson a little more, so he wasn't having to take care of two attackers on his own. 

I thought Mahrez was immense against Sevilla though and he really got stuck into his defensive duties, closed the ball down and didn't allow opposition players to run off him as before.

We all know that his strengths are elsewhere and he would probably benefit from having less defensive duties to do, in a 4-3-3 or as a no.10, but whilst we stick with a rigid 4-4-2, we will need him to show more performances like against Sevilla and we know he is capable of it now too. 

After the rollercoaster ride that is LCFC most moves will seem sedate. I think Mahrez would like to play in Spain but only two clubs can afford him there, non of which are going to be interested in him. Still he's never shown a massive desire to leave us, so i wouldn't be surprised if he stil here next season.

am i the only one that sees his move to chelsea as logical?moses is doing most of the defensive duties as a RWB and a front 3 of hazard,costa and mahrez is a CL contender, if you double on hazard, mahrez will destroy you, and the same with hazad if you double on mahrez

Archived