Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Goodbye, Schweini! Bastian goes Chicago:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39336934

Light the Fire!

Hadn't been allowed to train . 

Mourinho is incapable of treating players with whom he has differences with anything approaching dignity . They end up being ostracised and humiliated and in the end the club is the loser . He has lots of previous on this . Classless git 

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Is that the same Josh King that many people on here said was shite and laughed when Bournemouth signed him a season and a half ago?

lol

I think it is. Personally I reckon he'd fit in well here and looks infinitely better than Musa.

They probably said he was 'shite' because before joining Bournemouth he had scored 8 goals in 74 career appearances, outside of the Premier League. Not great. Even since joining Bournemouth he's only scored 18 in 62 appearances. 

6 minutes ago, The Floyd said:

They probably said he was 'shite' because before joining Bournemouth he had scored 8 goals in 74 career appearances, outside of the Premier League. Not great. Even since joining Bournemouth he's only scored 18 in 62 appearances. 

He's bobbins. Congratulations on having one good game, it doesn't make a player.

Just standard fishing from Col. Likes to point out anyone that ever gets anything wrong to mask some of his own dreadful judgements (Catermole, Canbiasso, JET, et all.)

2 hours ago, The Floyd said:

Either that, or because they couldn't see potential. Or, the 'he must be shite cos he ain't signing for Leicester', type comment.

The usual really.

30 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Either that, or because they couldn't see potential. Or, the 'he must be shite cos he ain't signing for Leicester', type comment.

The usual really.

Are you suggesting that you foresaw his 'potential' when he was playing mediocrely at Blackburn?

He's still a very average footballer.

6 hours ago, casablancas said:

Would anyone take Son from spurs as an upgrade on Oka? He's creative and works hard, knows where the goal is and apparently available at end of the season. 

Son is a lot better than Okazaki. Its not even a contest. Okazaki has finished 90 minutes about 7/8 times in 60 or so appearances. That's an unbelievable stat. He's by far the most subbed player at out club. Albrighton works super hard, like Okazaki, and is up and down that wing and helps his full back but he finishes most games. But Okazaki becomes a passenger after the 60th minute because he is tired.

We need to address the #10 role in the summer. We failed last summer and we can't go into the new season with Shinji as a starter again. I know people hate to hear criticism of Okazaki but this is the reality. 

12 minutes ago, The Floyd said:

Are you suggesting that you foresaw his 'potential' when he was playing mediocrely at Blackburn?

He's still a very average footballer.

I remember posting on here at the time Bournemouth were about to sign him that just because he was coming from Blackburn to Bournemouth, the kid should be given a chance (or words to that effect). And, of course, was shouted down by the usual suspects, that he was 'shite' etc. AKCJ is still at it now (no surprise there). 

If Bournemouth offered to swap King for Ahmed Musa, Kaputska, or Mendy, at this present time, I'd snap their hand off. That's the point I'm making.

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I remember posting on here at the time Bournemouth were about to sign him that just because he was coming from Blackburn to Bournemouth, the kid should be given a chance (or words to that effect). And, of course, was shouted down by the usual suspects, that he was 'shite' etc. AKCJ is still at it now (no surprise there). 

If Bournemouth offered to swap King for Ahmed Musa, Kaputska, or Mendy, at this present time, I'd snap their hand off. That's the point I'm making.

Josh King is shite though.

20 minutes ago, Koke said:

We need to address the #10 role in the summer. We failed last summer and we can't go into the new season with Shinji as a starter again. I know people hate to hear criticism of Okazaki but this is the reality. 

Whilst I agree that we need to sign a different type of number 10 (with the technical ability to unlock defences), we need Okazaki as another option as he fits our pressing game perfectly.

We've won the league, got to the CL quarter finals and turned around our shocking form this season with him as an integral part. Say what you like about his goalscoring record or time spent on the deck, but he's been brilliant for us.

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Josh King is shite though.

As I've said before, with you there is no middle ground. A player is either 'world class' or 'shite'.

Josh King strikes me as exactly what he is. A good young footballer who has taken his chance to make the step up, and has become an integral part of a Premiership club. He makes some goals, he scores some goals. He probably isn't earning 100 k per week either. One or two of our 'stars' could probably take a bit of leaf here.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

As I've said before, with you there is no middle ground. A player is either 'world class' or 'shite'.

Josh King strikes me as exactly what he is. A good young footballer who has taken his chance to make the step up, and has become an integral part of a Premiership club. He makes some goals, he scores some goals. He probably isn't earning 100 k per week either. One or two of our 'stars' could probably take a bit of leaf here.

You've got some sort of phobia about being proven wrong. Everything you ever say is 'on the fence' after your humiliation over Cambiasso. You're also so quick to say "look at me, look how right I was" (thoroughly embarrassing on your part in this case, Josh King hasn't shown anything but mediocrity since signing for Bournemouth as everyone but you predicted).

He is not, nor has he ever been, the sort of player we should be looking to sign.

His goals and assists records are very very poor. Unless you consider 18 goals in 62 games a success (if you do, give up).

He's not a 'good young player'. He's 25 now. He should be approaching his peak and he's definitely not made the step up.

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

You've got some sort of phobia about being proven wrong. Everything you ever say is 'on the fence' after your humiliation over Cambiasso. You're also so quick to say "look at me, look how right I was" (thoroughly embarrassing on your part in this case, Josh King hasn't shown anything but mediocrity since signing for Bournemouth as everyone but you predicted).

He is not, nor has he ever been, the sort of player we should be looking to sign.

His goals and assists records are very very poor. Unless you consider 18 goals in 62 games a success (if you do, give up).

He's not a 'good young player'. He's 25 now. He should be approaching his peak and he's definitely not made the step up.

As I suspected, there is no point discussing it with you. How has Josh King'not made the step Up?' He was playing for Blackburn..a poor Championship side and is now scoring goals and has maintained a frequent starting position for Bournemouth, a now established Prem side. How does this make him 'shite'?

Note to self, do what you said and do not embark upon discussions with AKCJ over footballers.

Just now, Col city fan said:

As I suspected, there is no point discussing it with you. How has Josh King'not made the step Up?' He was playing for Blackburn..a poor Championship side and is now scoring goals and has maintained a frequent starting position for Bournemouth, a now established Prem side. How does this make him 'shite'?

Note to self, do what you said and do not embark upon discussions with AKCJ over footballers.

He's in good form, I think we need to see if he's able to maintain his his goals and asses at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Being shit in the Championship and then being shit in the Premier League is not stepping up. A recent hot streak where he's scored 25% of his career total in 3 games does not change that.

He's a frequent starter for Bournemouth because their only other striker is Benik Afobe ffs.

Josh king is neither Amazing or Shite he's mediocre. We should be targeting for better than him. If not we're just as bad as the pundits telling us bottom half relegation is our level and we shouldn't have ambitions.  Currently in the form of his life and still really isn't all that. 

Archived