Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FIFA 17

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Thing is, the physics engine is just largely shit and that stuff happens both ways but when it happens against you you get incredulous and when it happens in your favour you barely notice it.

And because there's this huge community wide myth about FIFA being scripted and fake, it's the first thing that pops in to your mind when something happens against you.

Generally, you watch most of those goals back as a neutral, I'm sure you'd say okay, I could have done this or this differently.

I score loads of goals where I think, haha, that guy can't defend for shit, his defenders are all over the place.

Yet I concede loads of goals where I think, omfg, it gave me control of the wrong guy or omfg, why did that defender step out.

See what I mean?

We basically just end up blaming the computer for what we concede but not what we score. When you start accepting it's really cheap, shit, badly programmed software BOTH ways you can appreciate there's way less scripting in this game than people claim and that skill DOES matter.

It's just there's a lot of "EAIDS" for both players. Some games it happens more to you. Sometimes more FOR you.

I personally don't think the developers at ea are actually good enough to make a scripting engine as elaborate as the conspiracy theorists think they have. The game is just very cheap.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Classic case tbh. I was exactly the same just a few years ago, I used to play League of Legends on PC, hit my skillcap and couldn't progress, raged, blamed team mates, game mechanics etc etc. Wasn't until I started recording my gameplay and rewatching it a few days later that I could see where I was going wrong. After that, steadily improved and hit the top 0.4% bracket in europe.

The most annoying thing is I recognize this, but I STILL can't improve past gold~ in fifa, it's infuriating lol Maybe I'm just not as good at games as I used to be. :( 

7 hours ago, Innovindil said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Classic case tbh. I was exactly the same just a few years ago, I used to play League of Legends on PC, hit my skillcap and couldn't progress, raged, blamed team mates, game mechanics etc etc. Wasn't until I started recording my gameplay and rewatching it a few days later that I could see where I was going wrong. After that, steadily improved and hit the top 0.4% bracket in europe.

The most annoying thing is I recognize this, but I STILL can't improve past gold~ in fifa, it's infuriating lol Maybe I'm just not as good at games as I used to be. :( 

I've tried to explain cognitive / confirmation bias on here numerous times and been told to bollocks off because scripting is real.

6 hours ago, Walkers said:

I wouldn't exactly say a reluctance to accept my lesser ability explains why my defender on the goal line has decided to jump over the ball rolling into his own net

Neither of us said the match engine isn't flawed. It's very flawed.

I'm saying there's not a pre-programmed bias that says you must lose.

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I've tried to explain cognitive / confirmation bias on here numerous times and been told to bollocks off because scripting is real.

Neither of us said the match engine isn't flawed. It's very flawed.

I'm saying there's not a pre-programmed bias that says you must lose.

I don't think there is anything that's pre-programmed. I just think that if you're winning a tight game the opponent gets boosts to try and keep games more entertaining.

There's games where I'm losing and my midfield turn into interception gods through no skill of my own.

I don't really have a problem with it as it is but it's turned the game into a real sweat fest because they push the competitive aspect of it so much. I come off a game of after a few games of weekend league Fifa and have felt mentally tired because I've concentrated so hard. The game used to be so much more fun when there wasn't really too much of a reward for winning the game. People took it as it was and it was a chilled out, arcade, pick up the controller and play type game.

EA are actively trying to turn it into a competitive game and it's ruined it somewhat for me.

About your previous point don't get me wrong i'm not ignorant enough to realise that sometimes games fall to me, and I have wondered before when I score a goal or win a game if the other player is cursing the shit that I usually do. I've played games albeit it's about 1 in every 30/40 that seem against me where everything falls my way and its strikingly obvious.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

wonder if this also affects goalkeepers in online play? i have noticed my GK can sometimes pluck a ball from the air with the greatest of ease. Next moment he is punching it like an idiot and getting caught in no mans land.

Also squad builder update. I am now on the final african SBC. Team isnt that much better yet but i have just realised how many coins you will have to go through to get any decent players! hoping to go up the divisions soon with it but still wallowing in d7 and after 2 wins i got panned 3 times pretty convincingly so there is still a long way to go! 

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Cheers. Interesting. It seems when the game decides there will be a goal, there will be a goal. 

Kinda puts a downer on playing but oh well. 

It's variables that change the difficulty level if you're playing single player. 

There is no "difficulty" in online play, the difficulty is your opponent.

If this was in multi-player, I wouldn't get shagged 6-0 by some absolute wizard when I get in to div 2/1. Likewise, when I smash some Muppet in did 5 6-1, he'd get progressively better throughout the game and frankly that never happens either.

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It's variables that change the difficulty level if you're playing single player. 

There is no "difficulty" in online play, the difficulty is your opponent.

If this was in multi-player, I wouldn't get shagged 6-0 by some absolute wizard when I get in to div 2/1. Likewise, when I smash some Muppet in did 5 6-1, he'd get progressively better throughout the game and frankly that never happens either.

What about goalkeeper difficulty. see my post above?

2 hours ago, ramboacdc said:

What about goalkeeper difficulty. see my post above?

I'm not sure.

But I've never noticed my goalkeeper turn in to some sort of super human when I've already conceded six. In fact, when shit spawny goals are going in they just keep on going in.

On 02/05/2017 at 13:51, hairmetalgamer said:

Has anyone used the 89 Lukaku? Thinking about getting him

Ive used the 88 lukaku and he was just awesome with 87 st son partnering him. Lukaku had more than a goal a game in 50 odd d1/2 and fut champ games. 

45 minutes ago, FUT1234 said:

Ive used the 88 lukaku and he was just awesome with 87 st son partnering him. Lukaku had more than a goal a game in 50 odd d1/2 and fut champ games. 

I'm currently using lineker and son, will pain me to drop one of them for lukaku

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Got the 90 stat robben from my gold 2 monthly rewards. Well happy with that. :D

de83e4cff69629c436e714cbe0f398ab.jpg

I pulled Immobile, and 4 dog muck players for my gold 1 rewards!!! It's so frustrating seeing all those quality players then pulling rubbish every month

55 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I pulled Immobile, and 4 dog muck players for my gold 1 rewards!!! It's so frustrating seeing all those quality players then pulling rubbish every month

Tell me about it. Hit gold every month, only other semi-useable player i got was Alonso from Chelsea :dry:

9 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Tell me about it. Hit gold every month, only other semi-useable player i got was Alonso from Chelsea :dry:

Yeh its shit just not worth it for me. Ive had rooney but usually 84 rated and 81s are highest i get so i just chuck them into sbcs. Just bought st martial to go upfront with 88 son 87 mane as a front three. He seems a beast and a lad i met through playing fut champs has just got the martial in his elite monthly pack jammy sod 

The gold, silver, elite, whatever tiers for the wl are they based on win/loss ratio or is it just simply winning x number of games?

So, if you play forty games, lose thirty and win ten will you be the same level as someone who plays ten and wins ten?

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The gold, silver, elite, whatever tiers for the wl are they based on win/loss ratio or is it just simply winning x number of games?

So, if you play forty games, lose thirty and win ten will you be the same level as someone who plays ten and wins ten?

done on amount of wins

Archived