Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Forum upgrade

10 minutes ago, Captain... said:

What does ignoring mentions mean?

Also I am still finding it very buggy, scrolling is temperamental I can't always scroll to the bottom of a page it keeps bouncing back up.

Editing posts I find that I press edit I click in the post and press backspace and it hasn't activated the text box so it is like pressing back on the browser, have to click a few times on the post.

Both of these are using IE at work

Notifications, it tells me 2 people have quoted me in a thread I click on the notification and it takes me to the first one, then I have to scroll down looking for the second, was much easier on the old version where each quote was a separate notification.

Ignoring mentions would mean you wouldn't be notified if you was mentioned in a topic @Captain...

For notifications I checked mine and I got two separate notifications for the same thread, if this what you're referring to?

notification.png

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

Ignoring mentions would mean you wouldn't be notified if you was mentioned in a topic @Captain...

For notifications I checked mine and I got two separate notifications for the same thread, if this what you're referring to?

notification.png

I get yorkie1999 and GaelicFox quoted  you in a topic, when I click on it it takes me to the first one, in this case from GaelicFox.

This is on IE.

FT notifications.JPG

Edited by Captain...

20 hours ago, Mark said:

notification.png

A little more investigation, this only happens when I am offline, if I get two replies in the same thread while I'm offline it consolidates them and I get one notification when I sign in, if I'm online I get 2 different notifications.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Don't know if I pressed anything by accident but I'm on 'desktop' version of this on my tablet now for first time.

Looks very smart and clear.

No you're not. There's no such thing. It's a fluid design that fits whatever your device you use. 

52 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

How do you un-mark the Fox icon with "Mark forum as read" on the main page?

Foxestalk Un-mark forum as read.png

As in if you've clicked it and marked the forum as read? You can't. It's read and you wait until new posts are made for it to go blue.

Minor annoyance, but when I am listening to something on my phone, and I am open up FT and I have a notification it pops up and I think because the notification makes a sound it stops my music or podcast.

Is there anything that can be done to switch that off?

Quite like the notifications personally and for my chrome build they work fine in the sense that multiple quotes/reps in the same thread combine into one notification.

What I would like to see is a return to the a profile rep-notification system more similar to the previous one where you can go to your profile and see your rep'd posts chronologically from the most recent one rather than having to sift through a combination of the posts you've had rep'd and the one's you've given reps to.  Because nothing in life is more important than knowing which posts on an internet forum people agree with you on.

Also it would be cool if... damn I actually had a good point to make but I forgot it while I was typing out my superficial rep-tracking request.  Fuchs sake lol

4 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Quite like the notifications personally and for my chrome build they work fine in the sense that multiple quotes/reps in the same thread combine into one notification.

What I would like to see is a return to the a profile rep-notification system more similar to the previous one where you can go to your profile and see your rep'd posts chronologically from the most recent one rather than having to sift through a combination of the posts you've had rep'd and the one's you've given reps to.  Because nothing in life is more important than knowing which posts on an internet forum people agree with you on.

Also it would be cool if... damn I actually had a good point to make but I forgot it while I was typing out my superficial rep-tracking request.  Fuchs sake lol

Are people really bothered about seeing if their posts have been repped? lol