Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Next up... Barcelona

3 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

dunno why that posted twice, it's true tho i still think we'll win deffo 

One major shame of losing Kante wasn't only for his unreal tackling ability, but also his pace getting forward. Time over, he'd make that fifteen yard burst forward and get the whole opposition on the back foot. I don't know if Mendy is that type of player, I've simply not seen enough of him. If he isn't, there's a major source of our 'pace' lost right there. I so hope we don't go on to miss Kante even more than any of us thought. But who knows? I guess we'll soon see.

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You may have a point about the lack of pace in our back line but because we choose not to push our full backs up then it's not a problem. The way we play we make it very hard for teams to cut through us and force them to put crosses in which are food and drink to Huth and Morgan. The very best sides will I'm sure find a way to get past that but we don't need pace at the back in the way we play. We most definitely need to replace Kante's engine though otherwise we'll have to go 3 in the middle and that in itself means full backs are encouraged to push up and as Fuchs and Simpson are hardly rapid it might mean we need to eventually bring in some pace there. But why worry about that right now? We are such an efficient and solid unit, I find it hugely disrespectful how dismissive you are of our team.

Why do you assume i have a problem with our team?

All I did was state the most interesting thing i discovered from the PSG friendly, and that was how our pace doesn't appear to be such a significant advantage/strength against the better European sides, and therefore we do 'overrate' it.

i find it disrespectful that people take such offence to me pointing out what was clearly evident in the PSG game.

If we had won 4-0, I would be accentuating the positives.....but the only positive from the match was no injuries + more fitness.

4 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Why do you assume i have a problem with our team?

All I did was state the most interesting thing i discovered from the PSG friendly, and that was how our pace doesn't appear to be such a significant advantage/strength against the better European sides, and therefore we do 'overrate' it.

i find it disrespectful that people take such offence to me pointing out what was clearly evident in the PSG game.

If we had won 4-0, I would be accentuating the positives.....but the only positive from the match was no injuries + more fitness.

You sound like my mum when I do a project for her, 1/3rd the way in she complains it don't look right, when there's still 2/3rds to go before it;s finished. I love her but she's a real chicken little.

1 minute ago, limeydale said:

You sound like my mum when I do a project for her, 1/3rd the way in she complains it don't look right, when there's still 2/3rds to go before it;s finished. I love her but she's a real chicken little.

So i'm not the only one who 'underrates' our pace.

The worlds greatest number ten, a legendary one club man who pops up in the box time and time again, top class year in year out, how on earth will they cope with him. Enough about Kingy, have Barca got anyone who's any good?

Archived