Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Next up... Barcelona

I think Musa has to start tonight and Gray. I'd like to see a front 3 of Gray, Musa and Mahrez with Drinkwater, Mendy and Amartey in midfield. Gray deserves his chance as he now looks to not only have the discipline to keep things simple when needed but that confidence and flair to really go at the opposition, he looks ready.

Too bad there's no tunnel cam, I'd love to watch Mahrez fanboying over Messi.

Expecting both to play the first 45 mins, and Zieler to play the entire 90. Pls

and yup, no vardy, think his plaster cast isn't due off yet. don't think the officials would let a heavy cast on the field, could be a blunt force weapon.

it would be nice not to have a heavy defeat, but really, the objectives of a friendly are;
- have a kickabout and loosen up
- experiment with players, formations and ideas in an environment where the result doesn't really matter
- start to integrate new and younger players
- learn some lessons. You learn far more from a defeat than you do from a victory and you only up your game by pitting yourselves against better opposition.

Claudio is a man of the world, he certainly understands this well.
So not too much stress if we do get badly beaten

I wonder sometimes if people realise that 'playing the Leicester way' involves Vardy. He's the quickness and the energy up front that enables us to get forward so quickly nd to chase everything down. If Vardy isn't playing, we'll probably be more ponderous and slower builds up will ensue.

We've seen that Ulloa and Shinji have a few goals in them. But they don't let us play how Vardy let's us play.

I'm surprised we've not yet pushed the boat out to spend what we need to on that second, quick goalscorer. I think we'll need one to continue playing how we like to.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I wonder sometimes if people realise that 'playing the Leicester way' involves Vardy. He's the quickness and the energy up front that enables us to get forward so quickly nd to chase everything down. If Vardy isn't playing, we'll probably be more ponderous and slower builds up will ensue.

We've seen that Ulloa and Shinji have a few goals in them. But they don't let us play how Vardy let's us play.

I'm surprised we've not yet pushed the boat out to spend what we need to on that second, quick goalscorer. I think we'll need one to continue playing how we like to.

Agree, Col. Vardy is probably our most important player in terms of our play. The whole aggressive, direct style of play is built around him and he defends from the front.

We need to keep possession tonight, mind. As I said previously we can't keep letting Kasper kick it aimlessly long because we're giving Barcelona the ball back and as we all know they are masters at keeping it. A couple times I've seen Mendy come short for it but Kasper says no and then just boots it to absolutely nobody.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Remember kids, it's just a pre season friendly against one of the best football teams to ever grace the planet. Can we not melt down when we lose please. 

This is not the forum for you lol 

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Is that not what we bought Musa for?

10 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Remember kids, it's just a pre season friendly against one of the best football teams to ever grace the planet. Can we not melt down when we lose please. 

It's a waste of time trying mate.

I reckon that Mendy will be the next to be written off tonight. I'll even wager that someone will suggest we start James against United.

38 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

You've worded that as if your a Barcelona fan

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Presumed that's why we signed Musa, to play when he doesn't... so I hope to christ we play him and not Leo and Shinji again as it will be bloody painful if we don't.

Archived