Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Next up... Barcelona

Sick and tired of all the negativity after one loss.. We were beaten by a world class team.. and most of our players haven't experienced that level of football before, give them a little time. Means nothing at this stage. We are still in pre-season mode and the new players need time to settle, I'm amazed you think they will all Gel together so soon.

Take this as valuable Pre-Champions League experience.

2 hours ago, Socks said:

another 4-0 5-0 rout

this is what happens when a smaller club wins a major title unexpectedly

we play the real big boys and get battered

the reason we won last year is a lot of the top teams were shite, that's obvious now, if they are shite again this season we may defend our title

but......

Our points total would have got into the top four in every 20 team Premier League season I think. It would also have won us the title in at least two of those, and most of the the others we'd have come second. Lets not pretend we only won it because the others failed, we were good last year and even it Chelsea had been on the ball we'd have at least come second, because the rest weren't really too far behind where they normally are.

Simple fact is Arsenal, Man City and Man Utd regularly get thrashed by the likes of PSG, Bayern and Barca in the CL. Chelsea are a little more suited to the continental style but they still lose out to the real big boys even if they don't get trounced. Our league in general in currently a bit off the pace in Europe, but domestically the top teams still dominate, they still turn over the West Broms and the Sunderlands most weeks. We lost three games all season, unless someone was going to go unbeaten all season I doubt we'd have been really troubled by any of the others being slightly better.

Anyway we've not actually played a European "big boy" yet, we've just had a kick around in LA with PSG. Wait until we play them all guns blazing, I'd be amazed if it was 4-0 then.

23 hours ago, Thracian said:

In all my years as a Leicester fan I can't remember a more influential individual, not even Davie Gibson and that says something! :D       

I still think Davies distribution was better than Kante's, he could drop the ball on a sixpence from 50 yards...if only we could find another of either......how long left in the transfer window?

1 minute ago, norwichfox said:

I still think Davies distribution was better than Kante's, he could drop the ball on a sixpence from 50 yards...if only we could find another of either......how long left in the transfer window?

And literally drop a ball on coins in demos!  And you're right about his distribution. I've never seen anyone could pass a ball with such precise flighting as Gibbo. 

Stringy, making his breaks from the left wing, could have closed his eyes and still found the ball at his feet, just right for a shot. 

The two went together like Marks and Spencer.

But Kante had his own qualities and they really were immense and on such a consistent basis and against any opposition. Gibbo had his off days but I don't remember any from Kante - just the odd day when he was less than immense.      

All this negativity about a bloody pre-season friendly against an arguably world class team put together for hundreds of millions.

How about a bit of perspective?

a) it was a pre-season friendly

b) PSG have been a strong team for a very long time and are building for CL success at the cost of millions.

c) this was only our third game in pre-season; Claudio was clearly experimenting and giving much needed game time to new signings and Chilwell

d) remember when Arsenal beat us 5-2 at the KP? That was supposed to be 'back to reality'. We finished 10 points ahead of them and everyone else.

Personally I'm going to put a tenner on us to win the CL.

Really not fussed about the result on Wednesday or Sunday, more about the team and players gelling again and getting fit for the Hull game.

However, I'd love CR try a 3-5-2, it provides so many options with either attacking wing backs, or more defensive ones. Hernandez looks like a good ball playing centre half to pitch in alongside Huth and Wes and with 3 in the middle of the park will add more numbers to make up for the loss of Kante.

13 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Heading to Stockholm tomorrow for this. Childishly excited. Are there any plans to meet at a bar near the stadium on Wednesday? I saw the bloke looking for information on running routes in Stockholm, fair play, but I was thinking more along the lines of a pre match beverage or two. 

Here already, we're meeting up at Lion Bar in Gamla Stan around 3pm. I've seen people are also planning to meet at O'Leary near the stadium around 5pm. If you're planning more than one  beverage bring a lot of money!

Guest Cujek
On 31/07/2016 at 14:21, Grewks said:

They didn't look very impressive against Celtic.

Watching PSG perform so far, and how they took Real Madrid completely apart (Should have been more than 4), I wasn't surprised at todays result.

People need to lower their expectations imo. We are not a 'top' English club, so why are people expecting us to compete with the 'European elite'?

We are not a top English club???

Didn't we just win the premier league?...

24 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It don't matter what the score is. (Although we clearly don't want to get thrashed). It's a run around, to get fitter, to get some more experience and to take part in the tournament.

When is the game btw?

7pm tomorrow.

Archived