Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Welcome Islam Slimani

1 hour ago, Howard99 said:

Absolutely embarrassing performance from him today in my opinion. 

Has he missed any clear chances ?

He was very average but absolutely not toilet. I see he got the 3rd best note amongst his teammates behind Gray and Drinkwater.

That ridiculos instant cross inside the box from Albrighton when score was 0-0 typifies the kind of services he got today. difficult to have an impact in such conditions.

Hoofing the ball up to him all game long. He's got no chance of doing anything with that. Second half was a bit better from him. 

The team was poor overall. I don't think he was any worse than Vardy or Mahrez. He wasn't even the worst player on the pitch at all. Amartey + the back 4 were all worse than Slimani today.

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Hoofing the ball up to him all game long. He's got no chance of doing anything with that. Second half was a bit better from him. 

The team was poor overall. I don't think he was any worse than Vardy or Mahrez. He wasn't even the worst player on the pitch at all. Amartey + the back 4 were all worse than Slimani today.

Slimani will be great for us, but you need to provide for a player like that... Mahrez should be the man to do that but looks like he doesn't want to be here at the moment 

3 minutes ago, AlgerianFox said:

99% of his game time defending...

You're getting boring now, mate. If all you can do is defend Mahrez and Slimani 'cause they're Algerian, then just jog on. This is a LCFC forum, and all you seem to do is go on and on about how great these players are, purely on the basis that they're Algerian. Then saying things like "He should have stayed at sporting ", just not necessary. 

If if you're not here to get behind Leicester, leave and don't come back. 

You can always start a "Mahrez & Slimani" forum if you like :)

6 minutes ago, BrokenRecord said:

You're getting boring now, mate. If all you can do is defend Mahrez and Slimani 'cause they're Algerian, then just jog on. This is a LCFC forum, and all you seem to do is go on and on about how great these players are, purely on the basis that they're Algerian. Then saying things like "He should have stayed at sporting ", just not necessary. 

If if you're not here to get behind Leicester, leave and don't come back. 

You can always start a "Mahrez & Slimani" forum if you like :)

You are obviously not here to talk football...can you do anything else but found an Algerian scapgoat to your failure.

This a public domaine open to fans of football and until it become a closed club i will come and give my opinion as often as I feel like it...if you don't like it well noyhing I can do about it ;)

4 minutes ago, AlgerianFox said:

You are obviously not here to talk football...can you do anything else but found an Algerian scapgoat to your failure.

This a public domaine open to fans of football and until it become a closed club i will come and give my opinion as often as I feel like it...if you don't like it well noyhing I can do about it ;)

Tell me exactly where I put down Mahrez and Slimani? The team as a whole didn't play great today, and yes there are some dregs who post idiotic things but your constant defence of the Algerians is just tedious. Youre like an England fan going to the Real Madrid forum in the early 2000s defending everything Owen does. Granted Mahrez has been much better here than Owen ever was there ;) 

6 minutes ago, AlgerianFox said:

It's a forum for Leicester fans. If you're not a Leicester fan you should be on a general football forum somewhere else talking about them. Fans of other clubs get booted off here all the time.

14 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

He is a great player we know that, but for me he lacks that extra this season he had last... gray same role and I'm sorry he looked instantly better. Mahrez need to wake up and fast... Not just turn up when he likes 

To be honnest with you i would love him to be drpped for few games. I am really curious to see how Leicester will start  their offensive during a game ( apart from the obvious long ball).

I had a little "echantillon" of it against Chelsea. 

He's kind of right about Mahrez defending a lot. Imagine Hazard and Sterling playing as wingers in a 4-4-2. If Mahrez played in a 4-2-3-1 then he might actually be more consistent, but we can't build the team and formation around one player.

11 minutes ago, BrokenRecord said:

Tell me exactly where I put down Mahrez and Slimani? The team as a whole didn't play great today, and yes there are some dregs who post idiotic things but your constant defence of the Algerians is just tedious. Youre like an England fan going to the Real Madrid forum in the early 2000s defending everything Owen does. Granted Mahrez has been much better here than Owen ever was there ;) 

You tell me first when did I quote you before you quoted me out of....something, are you drunk or what?

And honnestly this Slimani thread and I am talking about Slimani and you find it abnormal...

Today defense was awful and drinkwater was working on his own in themiddle ....and the attack was 99% of time defending.

That is my points.

16 minutes ago, iancognito said:

It's a forum for Leicester fans. If you're not a Leicester fan you should be on a general football forum somewhere else talking about them. Fans of other clubs get booted off here all the time.

It probably because few like you think like that that this club stayed without major trophies for so long.

Guess what mate you ve gone global and it is obviously going to be very difficult for few like you to cope...

9 minutes ago, Koke said:

He's kind of right about Mahrez defending a lot. Imagine Hazard and Sterling playing as wingers in a 4-4-2. If Mahrez played in a 4-2-3-1 then he might actually be more consistent, but we can't build the team and formation around one player.

This is football talk.

Are you Algerian mate?

I thought Slimani found some lovely positions against Utd where he was free in the box and but for poor crossing he would have probably scored.  I'm thinking of Albrighton crossing straight to De Gea when Slimani was unmarked in the six yard box.  He was also well placed for Gray's cross that ended up being a shot and there were other occasions.

He also put a decent shift in I thought.  His Algerian teammate on the other hand deserved to be hauled off at half-time.  If we ever play one up-front it has to be Slimani.

I won't be too hard on him because he worked hard and the supply wasn't the best in either half. However his first touch didn't look top flight standard to me. If we go 4-5-1 then, unless we give one of the wider attacking roles to Vardy (ahead of, say, Gray and Mahrez), I can Slimani being benched for a while. It'd be harsh, but we might have to do it.

Some say they'd prefer Okazaki to Slimani in a 4-4-2. I haven't seen enough of Slimani to agree, but if Okazaki continues to take his chances, or if Ulloa continues to look the part in his cameos, I can see Slimani struggling to make the eleven in either a 4-5-1 or 4-4-2. I'm sure he'll eventually step up and make the role his own, but it might not be as instant as hoped.

And if that happens, I suppose questions will be asked about whether our summer business has really strengthened our starting eleven. Early signs aren't amazing.

Archived