Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Welcome Islam Slimani

8 hours ago, hornyhollthefox123 said:

Really? 

I tnought slimani looked ok at best. Might just be me though as a lot are very complimentary. His pass completion was low and he dribbled out of play about 4 times. Agree he's a handful though and once settled will be a huge asset I'm sure..

He was average at best, not quite sure how people thought he was "excellent".

I thought he was ok, a 6.5/7 purely because he won a few decent flick ons that I doubt any of our other strikers (even Leo) would have won. Did completely distract two of their centre halves most of the game though to be fair because I assume they were worried about his aerial threat-in turn this gave Vardy far more space and one on one situations more often. First touch and passing looked a little iffy but it was his first game, not particularly overwhelmed or underwhelmed as its only his first match but he definitely offers us something different and exciting up front. Think he'll do well. Would do him the world of good to start (and hopefully score) against Burnley. Don't think much more can be said about his debut to be honest! 

Maybe it's just me, but even the lads who've just joined. Namely Slimani (his thread I know) and Hernandez, look like they'd give everything for the team. That's why we signed them. That's what Leicester are about under Claudio. We are a team, we might not win every game this season, but none of them will leave anything on the pitch. What more can we ask for?! They're our boys and they know that. 

Edit: I think Slimani, despite his CL experience, was bought with the League in mind. He's made for the English game.  

5 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

Absolutely spot on. Walshy would have done exactly the same.

How better to make yourself part of the tight knitted bunch than looking after your partner. Those two, plus the options of Ulloa, Shinji and Musa... that can scare any type of defence. We have pace, power, intelligence and a bullying threat, all in abundance now. Over the games we have, they'll all partner each other and 'look after' each other in whatever form CR sees fit. We won't be bullied anywhere on the field. 

His game against Brugge was average to correct. Looked a bit slow and unspontaneous in some actions which i think is due to the new formation (4-4-2) and way of play for him. He has been used for so many years to be the sole forward upfront (both in Sporting & National team, two teams that also love recycling the ball and making a maximum of passes before the final touch unlike Leicester).

I think with a couple of weeks and games he should be completely fit for his new club. Once settled, i expect he will be the new beast of Premier league. 

10 hours ago, InLoveWithNgolo said:

He was average at best, not quite sure how people thought he was "excellent".

Because people are desperate for a £30m player to be good. Didn't think much of him myself, but he was always involved... unlike Leo who didn't seem to do much of anything. But to be fair to him, we'd stopped bothering at that point anyway.

On 9/2/2016 at 16:35, AlgerianFox said:

DZ  camp Slimani...leading the training. .very hard work from tema DZ.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4rjq9i_insolite-slimani-chante-et-fait-danser-tous-les-joueurs-de-l-equipe-nationale_sport

If annyone think that Slimami wad bought for €35M just to "relace" someone...well !!

Don't think he was particularly stand out either. Should bloody walk for pushing defender into goal keeper as well it's so dangerous (as you can see from the result) About time governing bodies at all levels made that an automatic red.

4 hours ago, Master Fox said:

Absolute legend in the making. 

Signing Slimani brings back all the confidence we can beat anyone again. You will  not see another display like the Liverpool game all season. What a player we have. 

Based on what?

7 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Don't think he was particularly stand out either. Should bloody walk for pushing defender into goal keeper as well it's so dangerous (as you can see from the result) About time governing bodies at all levels made that an automatic red.

There must be a reason why you quoting me?

Did you miss talking to me my son?

8 hours ago, Algerian said:

His game against Brugge was average to correct. Looked a bit slow and unspontaneous in some actions which i think is due to the new formation (4-4-2) and way of play for him. He has been used for so many years to be the sole forward upfront (both in Sporting & National team, two teams that also love recycling the ball and making a maximum of passes before the final touch unlike Leicester).

I think with a couple of weeks and games he should be completely fit for his new club. Once settled, i expect he will be the new beast of Premier league. 

His strenght in the play and link up with Vardy Drinkwater and Mahrez will take LCFC qualty of play to a higher level.

32 minutes ago, AlgerianFox said:

His strenght in the play and link up with Vardy Drinkwater and Mahrez will take LCFC qualty of play to a higher level.

I have no doubt on that.

His biggest addition to LCFC would also be his aerial threat. Ranieri vs Brugge tested many times Mahrez on the left & Albrighton on the right very probably to push their direct crosses to Islam's head.

1 hour ago, AlgerianFox said:

There must be a reason why you quoting me?

Did you miss talking to me my son?

It's this bloody website. I did to be fair go to mock you mr Algerian "slimani will never leave Lisbon" fox but thought better of it and left it. Unfortunately in this instance the website remembers what you wrote in your last post and saves it so obviously I missed deleting the quote 

45 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It's this bloody website. I did to be fair go to mock you mr Algerian "slimani will never leave Lisbon" fox but thought better of it and left it. Unfortunately in this instance the website remembers what you wrote in your last post and saves it so obviously I missed deleting the quote 

Ive noticed that, there's something wrong.

Archived