Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Welcome Islam Slimani

Slimani could have put us 1-0 up, when Albrighton was through but he had to cross with his left foot. He didn't get any good service today.

Maybe we should go more direct, with Albrighton at RW & Mahrez LW. Mahrez played mostly at LW for Algeria until recently, so he should be used to that position.

I have Already suggested this in the forum.

Mahrez ran at 1 assist per game ratio when playing LM for Algeria.

46 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Slimani could have put us 1-0 up, when Albrighton was through but he had to cross with his left foot. He didn't get any good service today.

Maybe we should go more direct, with Albrighton at RW & Mahrez LW. Mahrez played mostly at LW for Algeria until recently, so he should be used to that position.

5 minutes ago, Algerian said:

I have Already suggested this in the forum.

Mahrez ran at 1 assist per game ratio when playing LM for Algeria.

They interchange in a game. They did that alot against Burnley, not so much today.

Just now, sm1 said:

They interchange in a game. They did that alot against Burnley, not so much today.

but they did it during barely 10% of the game.

Claudio bought Slimani for a record fee, i think it would be smart and logical to put him in the best conditions to deliver what is expected from him.

Yes he had no service today but he was just as poor as the rest. That horrendous touch in the first half summed up his performance - Vardy knocks it down to Slimani and his first touch takes it 10 yards in front of him. I'm sorry but he looked hopeless in the air today - I don't think he won a single header. He also failed to jump for most aerial balls and reminded me of Mark De Vries in that sense. I didn't go to the Burnley game but based on today's performance I wasn't impressed.

I think his defensive duties are nulifying his attacking threat. He doesn't have the speed or energy to get up and down the wing like Albrighton for 90minutes. He would be better suited to a formation change. Kante covered for him defensively a lot last year, and so he was free to be further up the pitch and do what he does best. He also never seems to travel that well. I think he will have a decent game against Porto though. He can still turn on the magic for us. I also don't think the way we are playing at the moment is helping at all. We seem so set on launching balls forward at every chance, that even Vardy can do little with, let alone Mahrez. We have enough quality to pass it around in midfield so I wish we would stop rushing things and lumping it forward every chance we get. Albrighton very guilty of this today! 

Slimani looked unusually slow today which worries me. Now that might be because he's not trained up enough yet or else he's tired because he's over training trying to catch up.

I also don't think Slimani likes playing with his back to goal as he couldn't protect the Ball. If that's the case then Ulloa is a better option in away games. Ulloa pops up left and right when playing, even dropping into the middle to help out.

Slimani's record tells me he's an out and out striker which means he likes to play in and around the box and facing the goal. To do that we need to get behind the full backs and play him in.

Instead of CR showing faith with players he needs to pick the players to fit our plan for the opposition.

I really wouldn't over-react to Slims performance today, it wasn't great but you could say the same about others, and the service was poor. It was defensive mix ups that really did for us, and I'm sure we will be doing extra work on the training ground on defending corners, because we did struggle.

Lets look to next tuesday for a big performance, and recognise that we got 1 point from OT and Anfield last season, so it's not as bad as all that.

I didn't think we would see a CF who worked as hard as Vardy and Okazaki but this guy!! Holy crap, he isn't human. His workrate is incredible, especially considering his size. What a player we have. So chuffed with this signing. Love his battling attitude and aggression. He is actually making Vardy look a little lazy and weak lol  Come on Vardy, you have to match Slim's workrate! Think we have another 20+ goal a season striker on our hands and only at a snip (29million...)! 

Well done Islam, he is confirming he becomes now a fully world class striker. Workrate, aggresivity, dedication, positioning, pivot role, smart combinations, great efficiency, harrassing defenders (instead of the contrary lol).

Yesteday, i specially appreciated his 1st touch combinations with his teammates. Looked that with 3 weeks of training with the team, the chemistry is Ok now as expected.

His workrate and dedication are amazing. Chasing every single ball lying around the opposite back 4. For defenders it is a nightmare. However, he must slightely temper his ardours. With a more severe ref, he could have been sent off yesterday. Given the provokation/simulation from certain Porto players, i was afraid of a red card and Super Slim losing his mind like this :schlupp::

image-399528-galleryV9-qkwj.jpg

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Class act!

we should try and get more balls into the box as this guy will score 1 out of 5 every time, get Mahrez on the left, gray on the right and start wipping them in.

Why on earth if you want players whipping the ball in would you not want our best crosser of the ball in Albrighton?

He's going to be a bit hit and miss in terms of performance but if you put balls in the box you fancy him to get on the end of them. Ulloa was a threat in the 6-yard box but was never in there enough, Slimani is able to offer the work rate outside the box but manage to get in there when it matters.

Archived