Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Welcome Islam Slimani

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Third most prestigious continental tournament after Euros and Copa America. AFCON can't be played in the summer due to the extreme hot temperature. It's a decent tournament IMO. Algeria and Ghana are two of the favourites so Amartey, Slimani and Mahrez will most likely be gone for the full month. 

You realize that the Equator runs through Gabon? There really isn't a summer or winter.

From Wikipedia: "Gabon has the moist, hot climate typical of tropical regions. The hottest month is January, with an average high at Libreville of 31 °C and an average low of 23 °C. Average July temperatures in the capital range between 20 and 28 °C. From June to September there is virtually no rain but high humidity; there is occasional rain in December and January. During the remaining months, rainfall is heavy."

Maybe though for the majority of countries in Africa, January is the best time to host a tournament.

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

We really won't be.

I won't go out of my way, but I'll definitely support Mahrez and Slimani in any match they're in, as with Amartey and Schlupp etc, especially if it improves them as players, as happened with Morgan with his international experience.

The key to this signing for me is, teams will no longer be over loading players on just Vardy & Mahrez. They will be worried a lot more about shape in the back line especially with Slimani's aerial ability.

As a result I think we will see Mahrez & Vardy have more space to run into as the opposition defences will concentrate a lot more on shape.

18 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

The key to this signing for me is, teams will no longer be over loading players on just Vardy & Mahrez. They will be worried a lot more about shape in the back line especially with Slimani's aerial ability.

As a result I think we will see Mahrez & Vardy have more space to run into as the opposition defences will concentrate a lot more on shape.

And what will also change, is that Vardy and Marhez won't be the only "stars" of the team...so they will need to work harder and stay focus if they want to keep their their status.

I am pretty sure that is why yesterday it was Mahrez best game of the season...

Also not to forget, with Slimani, I think Fuchs will have a chance to add a lot of assists to his repertoire, and he is capable of it. We saw an example yesterday. Fuchs liked very well with Slimani and he was ready to make that cross same apply to Albrighton. Fuchs rate was so hight yeterday 8.9 on whoscored MOTM.

I though overall chemistry of Slim with players was great for his just 2nd game... with Amarty, Albrighton, Drinkwater, Simpson etc.... Awesome Partnership with Vardy (As I said before both so unselfish players who want help one another and serve one another). Lot of positives.

Also noted tactically fit the Ranieri 442, between Him and Vardy,  few times we see them both in the box but also importantly seeing one of them drop a little back to help the midfield while the other in front, so if you wanna play with this formation you need two physical fit strikers and sometimes one striker in the box and the other at the wing which will allow a midfielder to advance for more presence in attack. (we saw Slimani and Vardy doing that) and when one striker is ahead the other striker will come from behind sometimes as Number 10 to build play .

I see them good partners

and maybe that's what Claudio was looking for

9 hours ago, sylofox said:

Did you not see the EC this summer and how white some nations were. Yet it is raved about. We should not knock the ACN just because we have little interest and we will miss a few players

I doubt you would have made the comment if it did not affect us but you would have been laughing at clubs it did affect.

I did see the euros, they were crap as well.

I was so impressed with his workrate and obvious stamina. He never stopped and didn't look that knackered at the end. Looks to be a great signing and I know it is very early, but he seems to have a bit everything. Vardy and him really are a dream pairing for us! 

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

I was so impressed with his workrate and obvious stamina. He never stopped and didn't look that knackered at the end. Looks to be a great signing and I know it is very early, but he seems to have a bit everything. Vardy and him really are a dream pairing for us! 

I thought this too yet he still isn't 100% used to the pace of the premier league. I thought around the 70th minute he started blowing a bit. 

I think it would probably take around 5 prem games to get use to the tempo for a player of Slimani's calibre. I reckon he's only 60-70% at the moment, that's a personal opinion anyway.

Plus he doesn't even really know our style of play, yet still put in a performance like yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Worthington said:

I'd run with that......!

D'you know what?? £30m, or whatever, might be an awful wedge of money but, Slimani might just be the final part of the jigsaw that makes up a very nice picture for us !

I think with a right back of Fuchs calibre & Silva from Lisbon in terms of the starting 11 we are sorted.

Just now, Worthington said:

One thing's for sure....

We have a VERY good, deep squad of players...probably our best ever, with some potentially wonderful talents, (Gray, Kapustka, etc), to be developed.....Exciting times !

Last year look how desperate we were to get Schlupp back from injury this time around he's back & can't even make the squad as well as Kaputska.

7 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

One thing I noticed about Slimani on Saturday was how he was talking to the rest of the team a lot. Shouting, pointing, organising etc. Looks like another leader in that team full of them!

I think it is a must for any top team to have a leader type character down the spine of the team in each position.

Obviously we have Ron and Schmeichel

Then Morgan and Huth

Drinky

Then Vardy and what looks like Slimani.

Must be a good thing as it means constant communication all over the pitch, giving confidence as well as making sure everyone puts in full effort. For example if Mahrez is having a poor game it is easier and quicker for Slimani to have a word then if we only had morgan who was willing to speak up. It was evident quite a bit, especially with Albrighton that Slimani was telling both the wingers when he wants a pass or a cross and towards the end of the first half Albrighton seemed to improve with his decisions and passed/crossed quicker.

Also one other thing I have noticed more recently is that Mahrez is putting so much more effort in tracking back and it is brilliant to see. Against Brugge he helped Hernandez out multiple times and even managed to pinch the ball off one of their attackers after getting past Fuchs. Then against Burnley he was back in the box clearing the ball long after a dangerous cross was whipped in. Think signing Slimani has had such a positive effect on Mahrez and just that alone makes him worth half of what we paid for him. (May not be 100% correct but I believe he has been in the box alot more)

Okazaki was saying he was upset that he was dropped for the Brugge game, but if him being dropped means Slimani gets used to the team and tactics quicker then I don't really feel sorry for him, yes he has improved this season but he still isn't a big enough goal threat and he has had a whole season and preseason +3 games to improve. I think that signing Slimani has actually put his place under pressure more then Ulloa. If we need to replace Slimani after 60 minutes then we have Ulloa as a like for like, and if Vardy needs to be replaced then I would rather give it to Musa as he has looked very dangerous and unselfish, just needs more game time. Okazaki needs to step up against Chelsea or he will find it tough to get back into the starting 11. (And yes I know how much he runs about and I respect him for it but Slimani does that and im sure Musa can be trained to do it to a similar standard)

7 hours ago, Koke said:

Third most prestigious continental tournament after Euros and Copa America. AFCON can't be played in the summer due to the extreme hot temperature. It's a decent tournament IMO. Algeria and Ghana are two of the favourites so Amartey, Slimani and Mahrez will most likely be gone for the full month. 

And Jeff :(

7 hours ago, AlgerianFox said:

His game can only improve.

Imo Leicester has again rised their quality of play with the introduction of Slimani...Drinkwater Vardy and even Mahrez will rise up their game.

:) just need to put Albrighton as RB and include Kapustka as left wing and Leicester will win the Champion's league. 

Honestly in that video he does everything that Okazaki should've been doing and never did, in addition to having his incredible work rate

5 hours ago, benpicko said:

Honestly in that video he does everything that Okazaki should've been doing and never did, in addition to having his incredible work rate

He's 3 goals off Shinji's goal tally (in what, 42 games) after one game. Never drop this beautiful bastard.

7 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

One thing I noticed about Slimani on Saturday was how he was talking to the rest of the team a lot. 

That's pretty impressive considering he can't speak a word of English! 

33 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

That's pretty impressive considering he can't speak a word of English! 

I thought so too but I looked up his Facebook/Instagram and he has broken English captions on some of the pics. Think he must speak at least a few words

Archived