Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Burnley (H) Post Match Thread 3 - 0

1 hour ago, DZ030 said:

When we Algerians want to celebrate a person we simply put "allahu Akbar" before the Person´s name.

For example when our National team reached for the first time the worldcup´s round of last 16, we celebrated the coach Halilozidz´ name, its was:

"allahu Akbar, halilozidz, allahu akbar, halilozidz". that chant expresses that only God/Allah creates miracles, and that the mentioned person is indeed a miracle.

so you could sing "allahu Akbar, islam slimani, allahu akbar, islam slimani"

hhhhhhh I don't think they'll go that far lollol

You know the mainstream media had made really the people afraid of that chant lollol

12 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

The man was responding to me, to be fair to him. 

I'm almost definitely going to be shouting Allahu Akbar Islam, as least once this year, ideally many, many times. 

I'm still down with Yahya Islam, if that's legit.

It is. Yahya in arabic means long live in English. So you are just saying "long live slimani". 

We appear to have turned all the negativity that was floating around after the Liverpool game last weekend completely on it's head with two consec. 3-0 wins, albeit against 2x inferior opposition! A very pleasing performance today though in all depts. and Burnley simply weren't good enough to contain us this time round when we were the hosts like they have dome in well documented fashion in recent seasons! Let's hope Slimani plays like he did today between now and the end of season in partnership with Vardy and Mahrez .....and who then knows where we'll finish?! Ziegler had nothing to do in goal today but the one time he was called into action he pulled off a very good save. Looking overall good, bring on Chelsea and the Mancs :)o

9 hours ago, Richard said:

Won it at a canter really, we still have Musa, Okazaki, Ulloa and Schlupp who didn't even play today and we know can all change a game. 

We've built a really solid squad

Mendy and Gray too.. but defensively though I'm not too sure. Yes they are solid as a rock hen the tactics are right, but get it wrong they can be sliced upon and aren't flexible nd responsive enough. Would be good to see a few more inspiring options

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Dunno man. I wouldn't really shout, "GOD IS GREAT, JAMIE VARDY". Is "Yahya Islam" a good equivalent, as mentioned earlier?

(I mean, don't get me wrong, when I'm off my face, and there's a couple of EDL types around, and Islam scores a injury time winner, I probably will be jumping onto a table shouting "Allahu Akbar, Islam!" just before the friendly ambulance service people aid me to their vehicle after the ensuing violence has come to a close, but I'm really looking for a more secular chant, yet still featuring the beautiful man's name, if you get my drift)

HHHHH, dont worry! i did regret the post after posting it, of course, what works for Algeria, doesnt mean it works for England, that´s true!

I think "oooooooooh, Islam Slimani" is fair enough!

Forgot to watch this LCFC game.
I tought it would be on Sunday since LCFC played Champions league on Wednesday. :/

I'll try to watch this game today if I find a link/site to watch, before Sporting CP game.
I want to see how LCFC - and Slimani played.

If you want to see Sporting CP game is at 8.15 pm. :)
We are playing well. We almost won against Real Madrid in Champions league - until Ronaldo appear at 88 minute.

found it. it's awesome. please can we copy this chant

it's stuck in my head now

This chant is amazing and it stucks in our head but I think you don't understand it.. :)

It is:
Sou....... Verde e branco de coração!
Sporting, meu grande amor, graças a deus não nasci lampião! Allez allez Sporting allez!

Which means:
I'm..... Green and white heart!
Sporting, my great love, thank God I didn't born 'lampião'...

'Lampião' is a ofensive name we ('Sportinguistas' aka Sporting supporters) call to Benfica supporters, our biggest rivals.
'Lampião' isn't a usual portuguese bad language, it's like a ugly name. F. C. Porto supporters also call lampião/lampiões (plural) to Benfiquistas (aka Benfica supporter).

This chant is like LCFC supporters sing a chant to show their love for the Foxes and say thanks for not being Nottingham Forest supporters (using a ugly name/ like it was a bad thing to be Nottingham Forest supporter).

Sporting CP rivalry with Benfica is probably even stronger than LCFC vs Nottingham Forest because both are in Lisbon and our stadium's is only 2.5 miles apart.

Edit:
For Slimani I think we only have that: Sli Sli Sli Slimani!

When he scored a goal in our stadium also the speaker used to say 'Islam' loud and the supporters replied with 'Slimani' very loud.
But that's a usual thing for all our players that scores a goal: stadium speaker says the given/first name and supporters reply with last/family name.

Aside from the obvious two picks - thought Albrighton and Amartey were superb. My daughters (3 & 6) first game aswell. Did enjoy a bloke at 2-0 moaning that the game needed a goal.

first half we looked a bit too keen to get the ball forward, but second half some of the inter changes were superb and had Vardy been a bit more on form could have had a couple more. 

Hopefully see see the likes of Musa and Kaputska get in on tues. 

Sii sii slimani is great! Yahya Islam is a decent, and Allaju Akbar Islam, with the added bonus of saying "Calm down, it t just means god is great" is hilarious.

It'd be pretty cool for Islam to see the fans have adopted his old "Sii sii slimani" chant to welcome him to lcfc, too.

7 hours ago, DreadFox said:

Mendy and Gray too.. but defensively though I'm not too sure. Yes they are solid as a rock hen the tactics are right, but get it wrong they can be sliced upon and aren't flexible nd responsive enough. Would be good to see a few more inspiring options

I agree. I think the long term plan is to use Hernandez on the right and unlike other positions we have no one young coming through to push the starters at centre back. We've been linked with some quality there Hinteregger and Dragovic for example but not gone through with it

Great performance!

Slimani offers us so much more going forward. His hold up play and distribution will be key against the better teams. Plus, he knows where the goal is.

I thought Simpson was excellent. Probably his best performance this season. 

Amartey looked composed. However, he really needs to watch the extra man rather than the ball when the opposition attacks. The Defour chance came about from him ball watching and being behind play. This will hopefully come but he needs to learn and fast. He is only 21 and is being ask to step into the shoes of a world class midfielder. I think we will see the best of him 18 months from now.

Man U next week is another big test and hopefully we can go from strength to strength. However, despite the opposition, we looked streets ahead of the team that played against Liverpool!

20 minutes ago, MPH said:

I feel that with Slimani, we finally have an answer to teams that try and park the bus. Wether it's with his ability to header the ball or a defense splitting pass...

Can't forget his mobility with the ball as well, must have collected the ball then turned his man about 3 or 4 times, I remember at the start of the game he must have dribbled past at least 3 players then played the ball through to whoever was on the left wing. For a big man his balance is quite impressive.

Archived