Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Burnley (H) Post Match Thread 3 - 0

13 minutes ago, 49er said:

I don't know whether anyone saw the Chelsea match last night 

I did and thought it put our(non) performance against Liverpool into perspective.  On their day,  that Liverpool midfield are frekkin' awesome,  they way way they ping the ball around. Bit shakey at the back mind... 

2 minutes ago, 49er said:

I think if Mendy emerges as the player that we all hoped he would be, in terms of getting somewhere close to a replacement for Kante, then we have a good chance to give the Champions League and Premiership a real go. If Claudio has bought in the right guy in Mendy, his reputation as a genius will be assured.

Amarty will hopefully nail the midfield place down looks and athlete and is a big bloke to have along side drinkwater. Can't see Mendy being as good as him personally. 

3 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Albrighton could learn 1 or 2 things from fuchs regarding delivery of a ball. Yes he puts a lot of crosses in, but 90% are poor. Any else notice Fuchs bomb on a lot more than usual? Just wish we had a Fuchs at right back.

Fuchs has Albrighton to help do donkey work, so wont be left exposed. Simpson was great again today, does the job we need him to do. The perfect foil for somebody like Mahrez and the most underrated cog in our machine. 

Was telling that despite how comfortable we were in midweek, we still missed him. 

27 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Excellent performance,  great atmosphere and superb home debut from Fatboy Slim :)

Only thing that I found fecking unbelievable today were the thousands streaming out before the end, Incredible, where's the fire you pricks? :)

That's something I can never understand at matches. Would you leave before the end of a good film.

12 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Albrighton could learn 1 or 2 things from fuchs regarding delivery of a ball. Yes he puts a lot of crosses in, but 90% are poor. Any else notice Fuchs bomb on a lot more than usual? Just wish we had a Fuchs at right back.

Feel a little sorry for Albrighton as whenever he gets into a good crossing position he has to turn and get it on his right foot. 

He did a good piece of skill in the first half megging the full back getting to the byline but then put in a weak cross with his left foot. 

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'd like to mention Vardy's  long range ,diagonal pass to Mahrez that dropped right onto his foot. Pass of the match.

We were switching it well today. First half Mahrez pinged a ball out to Albrighton who then passed it to Fuchs he then put a cross in & Mahrez headed just wide. 

10 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Amarty will hopefully nail the midfield place down looks and athlete and is a big bloke to have along side drinkwater. Can't see Mendy being as good as him personally. 

I think that Amarty had a very good game today, and shows real potential. Do you think we would ever play three in midfield - Mendy shielding the centre halves, with Amarty and Drinky linking with the forwards?

5 minutes ago, 49er said:

I think that Amarty had a very good game today, and shows real potential. Do you think we would ever play three in midfield - Mendy shielding the centre halves, with Amarty and Drinky linking with the forwards?

Yes I could see us setting up like that especially in some away fixtures.

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'd like to mention Vardy's  long range ,diagonal pass to Mahrez that dropped right onto his foot. Pass of the match.

There were a couple of other contenders webbo - both long diagonals from drinks and Riyad plus albrightons through pass for vards first half. 

Some interesting changes to the dynamic with slim in place of shinji.  

he doesn't chase back as deep as shinji and holding midfielders are therefore less stressed. This puts more pressure on DD and DM as the midfield two. considering burnley played a midfield three plus two wide,  our two were outstanding today. Slimani harassing further forward than shinji clearly makes a difference to the opposition defence who have to worry about two  forwards getting amongst them.  Claudio has some thinking to do ahead of yanited. He surely won't consider going this formation there after seeing Liverpool dismantle us without a midfield 3 to compete like for like.

Anyway, so many impressive performances today.  Only Huth, Morgan and Zieler didn't really impress and that was because they had a quiet afternoon. burnleys back two were very strong in the air and slimani won very few aerial duels. Yet he scored with two headers!  

Danny's withdrawal left a big hole re the tempo of our game. Really noticeable that the team weren't sure what to do with the possession once he had departed. He really controls our game and any absence would be huge. 

presume that mendy would be able to take up that role, given his apparent passing capability. 

Couple of occasions today I watched amartey get involved and was reminded of NG.  He is very young and whilst he won't ever be a direct replacement, he does have more physical presence than NG. . Give him a bit of time with more of  Claudio's coaching and we may have another gem on our hands. 

Anyway, let's hope that next week sees a change in our away fortunes. Porto is only a few days later! 

12 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

That second half is as good as I've ever seen us imo.

Burnley were lucky to get away with 3-0

Don't agree with that at all. There were multiple better performances last season.

It's easier to look good when you play against a team who doesn't offer much resistance.

We have to remember we are champions teams like burnley wouldn't be expected.to come out gung Ho against a city or utd away,  they tried to close us down and keep.it tight, we were far to good for them,we are champions and won convincingly like champions should, bring on utd. Slimani looked class and the type of player that is going to take defenders out of position,.giving more space for vardy and marhrez.

Very comfortable win, should've been more than 3 but we played at a quick tempo and it was noticeable how much the full-backs were contributing. Fantastic to see Slimani (who was impressive otherwise) get a couple, fabulous ball by Fuchs for his first.

Zieler did well, I liked the fact we tried to play it out more and not just launch it each time. No issue of fatigue, complacency etc, just a professional, positive display to end a great four days for the team. Six goals and none conceded should lift the confidence much higher after last week.

Good stuff.

2 hours ago, tsintskaro said:

Agree with you,he was average good today and he was quit good against Swansea

but on the other hand,Burnley was shit,so was Swansea

We saw how bad Amartey was against Liverpool

I have a feeling he will not shine either in manchester,i hope i am mistaken

so i cant say he is good.Ha has to work a lot if wants to be good DM

We also witnessed yesterday how bad Kante was against Liverpool :rolleyes:

My thoughts on today.

Glad we got in front.  And although it wasn't early. Bet it changed gravel throats half time talk lol

Without getting out of 3rd gear we were to good for them.

Amartey will grow into the role. Anfield was a harsh lesson yes.

Silimani will lighten the load on Vardy who despite not scoring had some quality moments.

Still love the fact we have defenders who defend.

Albrighton is key to how we play.

Oh and ranieri was correct it seems the cl music woke mahrez up lol

The players definitely had less of a cl hangover than me.

Archived