Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Burnley (H) Post Match Thread 3 - 0

Being champion's Leicester will come with the expectation of steam rolling the likes of Burnley. Still take's a good rounded team to beat a team who is playing poorly without dropping to their level and making the match sloppy. Great credit to the players today, onwards and upwards. :scarf:

Leicester looked back to their best. Very dominant display from start to finish.

On a side note, Burnley will be going straight back down again and need to learn, that you have to invest to stay up. They looked like a championship side. 

Still, we can only beat what is put infront of us. Man U will be a huge test next Saturday and I think will give us a clearer indication on how we are shaping up for the season ahead. 

no one pointed this out but slim was great is speeding up the play. He switched the play immediately to the wingers ( especially mahrez) and run to space to help them. Oka was slowing the team ( and mahrez) down. But slim on the other hand. OK. Just watch this highlight of mahrez and keep your eyes on slim.  

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

no one pointed this out but slim was great is speeding up the play. He switched the play immediately to the wingers ( especially mahrez) and run to space to help them. Oka was slowing the team ( and mahrez) down. But slim on the other hand. OK. Just watch this highlight of mahrez and keep your eyes on slim.  

This video is not available.

Sorry about that.

Good result today. We managed the game exactly as you would expect the Champions to when coming up against a resilient side set up not to lose. I thought we completely dominated play from start to finish and were very comfortable throughout. It reminded me of times in the past when we've travelled away to a top team and have been comfortably despatched without the opposition ever really getting out of 3rd gear. It was nice to be the team handing out the punishment today rather than being on the receiving end.

Obviously Slimani stole the headlines and rightly so. He was immense throughout and brings so much more than just goals. His inclusion not only gave us another dimension in terms of being able to cross the ball into the box, but also provided us with a different focal point which freed up Mahrez to work his magic, and also gave us an outlet to hold the ball up in the oppositions final third which enabled us to get more players forward to support the attack.

Other positives were a clear step up in the level of performance from Albrighton who I thought was excellent today particularly off the ball, and also Mahrez's return to form. Also, I'd like to mention Zieler's distribution, it was great to see our keeper play the ball out from the back and allow us to retain possession rather than simply punt it down field handing possession straight back to the opponent. 

Whilst the performance was professional I still didn't feel like we were quite at the level that we set ourselves last season. I know plenty have said that they felt Amartey played well, and whilst I wouldn't disagree and think he has the potential to go on and be a great player, I felt the standard of the opposition made his performance appear greater than what it actually was. He shows lots of endeavour but I'm not overly convinced by his positioning as he seems to get caught the wrong side of his opponent on too many occasions. Clearly time is on his side and with good coaching this can be improved which I think it will. 

Another observation from today was that despite the clean sheet I still felt at times that on occasions we seemed to lose concentration at the back particularly when Vokes came on, and against better opposition we could easily have conceded today. 

Generally it was a very good performance and a great way to respond to the defeat at Anfield last week particularly in a game that was always likely to be a potential banana skin. Consequently I'm actually feeling quite optimistic ahead of our visit to Old Trafford next week, and think that we are now more than capable of coming away with three points.

24 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

TO OUR ALGERIAN FRIENDS: How do you say "Praise Islam" in Algerian? We get a new striker and a new way to piss off the EDL. Worth. Every. Penny.

When we Algerians want to celebrate a person we simply put "allahu Akbar" before the Person´s name.

For example when our National team reached for the first time the worldcup´s round of last 16, we celebrated the coach Halilozidz´ name, its was:

"allahu Akbar, halilozidz, allahu akbar, halilozidz". that chant expresses that only God/Allah creates miracles, and that the mentioned person is indeed a miracle.

so you could sing "allahu Akbar, islam slimani, allahu akbar, islam slimani"

Just now, DZ030 said:

When we Algerians want to celebrate a person we simply put "allahu Akbar" before the Person´s name.

For example when our National team reached for the first time the worldcup´s round of last 16, we celebrated the coach Halilozidz´ name, its was:

"allahu Akbar, halilozidz, allahu akbar, halilozidz". that chant expresses that only God/Allah creates miracles, and that the mentioned person is indeed a miracle.

lol i don't know if this is a pisstake or if i'm just very ignorant

21 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

Good result today. We managed the game exactly as you would expect the Champions to when coming up against a resilient side set up not to lose. I thought we completely dominated play from start to finish and were very comfortable throughout. It reminded me of times in the past when we've travelled away to a top team and have been comfortably despatched without the opposition ever really getting out of 3rd gear. It was nice to be the team handing out the punishment today rather than being on the receiving end.

Obviously Slimani stole the headlines and rightly so. He was immense throughout and brings so much more than just goals. His inclusion not only gave us another dimension in terms of being able to cross the ball into the box, but also provided us with a different focal point which freed up Mahrez to work his magic, and also gave us an outlet to hold the ball up in the oppositions final third which enabled us to get more players forward to support the attack.

Other positives were a clear step up in the level of performance from Albrighton who I thought was excellent today particularly off the ball, and also Mahrez's return to form. Also, I'd like to mention Zieler's distribution, it was great to see our keeper play the ball out from the back and allow us to retain possession rather than simply punt in down field handing possession straight back to the opponent. 

Whilst the performance was professional I still didn't feel like we were quite at the level that we set ourselves last season. I know plenty have said that they felt Amartey played well, and whilst I wouldn't disagree and think he has the potential to go on and be a great player, I felt the standard of the opposition made his performance appear greater than what it actually was. He shows lots of endeavour but I'm not overly convinced by his positioning as he seems to get caught the wrong side of his opponent on too many occasions. Clearly time is on his side and with good coaching this can be improved which I think it will. 

Another observation from today was that despite the clean sheet I still felt at times that on occasions we seemed to lose concentration at the back particularly when Vokes came on, and against better opposition we could easily have conceded today. 

Generally it was a very good performance and a great way to respond to the defeat at Anfield last week particularly in a game that was always likely to be a potential banana skin. Consequently I'm actually feeling quite optimistic head of our visit to Old Trafford next week, and think that we are now more than capable of coming away with three points.

To be fair that was only after Drinky came off so Burnley where able to get through our midfield easier, also I felt like Vokes played well, good and strong in the air. Sometimes a player just plays well rather then ours play bad. Thank god Vokes was good at jumping but bad at heading.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Fuchs was outstanding today. I think Fuchs and Albrighton will put up a lot of assists this season.. 

Agree, his passing had a purpose today unlike the Liverpool game where it was punting to no one.  Him and Albrighton are going to create a lot of chances for Slimani, along with Drinkwater's through balls to Vardy and Mahrez working his magic we'll have chances from all over the pitch now.  I think we'll see a different side to Vardy this season not just running for goal but lay offs to Slim, this will take a lot of the pressure off of him.  Those two seemed to be able to find each other after one game, their awareness and understanding will be great after several games.

Fuchs is doing some great kicking on the NFL show on BBC 1, not sure when it was filmed as he just mentioned he's in Leicester now for two or three more years.

43 minutes ago, DZ030 said:

Dunno man. I wouldn't really shout, "GOD IS GREAT, JAMIE VARDY". Is "Yahya Islam" a good equivalent, as mentioned earlier?

(I mean, don't get me wrong, when I'm off my face, and there's a couple of EDL types around, and Islam scores a injury time winner, I probably will be jumping onto a table shouting "Allahu Akbar, Islam!" just before the friendly ambulance service people aid me to their vehicle after the ensuing violence has come to a close, but I'm really looking for a more secular chant, yet still featuring the beautiful man's name, if you get my drift)

55 minutes ago, DZ030 said:

I think we'll just stick to "ooohhh Islam Slimani" thank you!

32 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

Fuchs is doing some great kicking on the NFL show on BBC 1, not sure when it was filmed as he just mentioned he's in Leicester now for two or three more years.

Sometime this season, as he's wearing the new kit.

Currently contracted to June 2018 it seems, so is he thinking of possibly signing a 1 yr extension??

3 minutes ago, one F in Fox said:

I think we'll just stick to "ooohhh Islam Slimani" thank you!

The man was responding to me, to be fair to him. 

I'm almost definitely going to be shouting Allahu Akbar Islam, as least once this year, ideally many, many times. 

I'm still down with Yahya Islam, if that's legit.

Archived