Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Burnley (H) Post Match Thread 3 - 0

11 hours ago, Foxxed said:

The man was responding to me, to be fair to him. 

I'm almost definitely going to be shouting Allahu Akbar Islam, as least once this year, ideally many, many times. 

I'm still down with Yahya Islam, if that's legit.

What a strange response,

I didn't realise I was interrupting a private conversation.

Here's me thinking this is an open forum!

Sean Dych has the worst tunnel vision of any manager going. He makes Wenger look calm and measured. 

And his endless whining about all things money related. He has money at his disposal. He has spent money. And let's not forget that it's the nature of football now. Championship teams are spending countless pound notes these days. They are in a good enough financial situation to reject our advances for Keane. 

He uses this rhetoric to pre-empt underachievement. It's better to have your excuses lined up before it all goes tits up. 

Burnley's set-up was confusing. They wanted to play high balls to Gray and it backfired dreadfully because our defenders were wise to it early on and bullied him out or caught him offside. Then Vokes came on far too late to do anything and why Bamford is there is beyond me.

They wanted to take a point yet left plenty of space to exploit. It wasn't four minutes of madness, it was a set-up that was neither here nor there that cost them. 

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Sean Dych has the worst tunnel vision of any manager going. He makes Wenger look calm and measured. 

And his endless whining about all things money related. He has money at his disposal. He has spent money. And let's not forget that it's the nature of football now. Championship teams are spending countless pound notes these days. They are in a good enough financial situation to reject our advances for Keane. 

He uses this rhetoric to pre-empt underachievement. It's better to have your excuses lined up before it all goes tits up. 

Sean Dyche, the man with the 2nd, 3rd and 4th most expensive players on the pitch yesterday.

Sean Dyche....Maybe if you bought better you would be in a much better position in the premier league?

Hendrick - £10.5 million

Defour - £8 million

Gray - £9 million

Total - £27.5 million.

Our first XI yesterday...

Schmeichel - £1 million

Simpson - £2 million

Morgan - £1 million

Huth - £3 million

Fuchs - Free

Mahrez - £560,000

Drinkwater - £1 million

Amartey - £5 million

Albrighton - free

Vardy - £1 million

Slimani - £4.6 million (Net, after taking into account the Kante profit).

Total - 19.2 million

This Burnley 'shoestring' looks very similar to the Bournemouth one.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Are you a spin doctor grewks ?

Not really.....

I discounted 8 of the Burnley first eleven, and would've been happy to include any of their income from 'large' transfers.

Even add the £8 million fee for Ings if you like, but also add the fees for Heaton, Lowton, Keane etc.

Burnley, a club which apparently 'cannot compete', spent £27.5 million on 3 players who wouldn't get in our staring 18.....maybe Gray on the bench at a push.

Thought we played some better football against Swansea for most of that game, but we made it count more yesterday with the end product. It felt pretty flat during the second half though.

Mahrez and Albrighton were basically taking the piss out of their full backs at times yesterday. One highlight was Albrighton's meg on Lowton who should've gone for his horrendous challenge on Albrighton towards the end.

Vardy's challenge on Lowton afterwards sums up why he will go down as a Leicester legend for me.

3 hours ago, Grewks said:

Sean Dyche....Maybe if you bought better you would be in a much better position in the premier league?

Hendrick - £10.5 million

Defour - £8 million

Gray - £9 million

Total - £27.5 million.

Our first XI yesterday...

Schmeichel - £1 million

Simpson - £2 million

Morgan - £1 million

Huth - £3 million

Fuchs - Free

Mahrez - £560,000

Drinkwater - £1 million

Amartey - £5 million

Albrighton - free

Vardy - £1 million

Slimani - £4.6 million (Net, after taking into account the Kante profit).

Total - 19.2 million

This Burnley 'shoestring' looks very similar to the Bournemouth one.

Zeiler played yesterday and he was a free so knock another 1m off!! lol

Surprised how they failed to notice how many of our previous opponents had effectively doubled up on Riyad. it's feasible that having vardy and slimani to worry about made the difference on this. 

Wonder if Claudio may have decided 'sod it, let's go for it every week. A win in every third game returns more than two draws and a defeat'. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Surprised how they failed to notice how many of our previous opponents had effectively doubled up on Riyad. it's feasible that having vardy and slimani to worry about made the difference on this. 

Wonder if Claudio may have decided 'sod it, let's go for it every week. A win in every third game returns more than two draws and a defeat'. 

To be fair the first thing mahrez did was get the ball with 3 players on him and he got past them with ease. After that they didn't really bother I'm assuming because of how stretched they were when he glided past them with ease. Unfortunately match of the day didn't show it.

21 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

To be fair the first thing mahrez did was get the ball with 3 players on him and he got past them with ease. After that they didn't really bother I'm assuming because of how stretched they were when he glided past them with ease. Unfortunately match of the day didn't show it.

They never got tight enough. it was a half hearted effort

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

They never got tight enough. it was a half hearted effort

I agree. In all honesty I think they just thought having the three of them there would make him either panic or just pass it back. But then he turned and passed them. I don't really think anyone for Burnley bar maybe the centre backs and hendricks really looked like they were that bothered. 

George boyd didn't look like the player that's got the highest work rate and covers the most ground. Quite the opposite which is strange because working hard is pretty much Burnley's thing isn't it? 

great performance by the foxes on the back of a great European night but let's not kid ourselves yes we played well but Burnley are premier league relagation fodder. two great goals by slimani and mahrez was back to his best. the link up play between vardy and slimani looks promising and amartey had a great game as well but we will face much sterner opposition this season and Burnley gave us few scares.

23 hours ago, TheMightySystem said:

Can't forget his mobility with the ball as well, must have collected the ball then turned his man about 3 or 4 times, I remember at the start of the game he must have dribbled past at least 3 players then played the ball through to whoever was on the left wing. For a big man his balance is quite impressive.

A top top quality signing indeed!!!

Impressed with how fast the team plays, and also clicks together.

Shame on Shinji but Slimani is a league above him, albeit different playing styles. Set-pieces will be less of a problem now.

Hoping for another 6-0 aggregate score this week, but going to be tricky.

I'm somewhat surprised at how fast we clicked against Burnley, given the fact this starting XI had hardly played together before.

It took us some time to get into gears and the first half saw us huff and puff with little end product. Mahrez and Albrighton both guilty for either not putting enough precision or power into crosses or for showboating. Luckily enough, Burnley never lived up to the "underdog" hype and I bet Sean "not spending" Dyche was lost for words at the end. His team cost more than ours (apart from our latest signing), so I wonder for how much longer he'll brag about his inexistent shoestring budget.

The longer the game went on, the more we found into it and I'm glad Amartey has managed to put in two more than decent performances in a row. This should do him the world of good for his self-confidence. I wasn't sure where we'd put him on the pitch, but it seems he's most apt as a defensive midfielder or classic, stable central midfielder.

Slimani's home debut was just the incentive Mahrez needed to up his game again - he's playing better, more focused and with a more joyfoul touch to him than before. Slimani keeps him happy and so shall it be.

Not passing too much judgement on Zieler, as he didn't really have a lot to do. But when called upon, he was there. To me, he oozes a bit more security in the back. With Schmeichel, you get that erratic touch and you'll never know what he's up to next. lol

36 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Slimani's home debut was just the incentive Mahrez needed to up his game again - he's playing better, more focused and with a more joyfoul touch to him than before. Slimani keeps him happy and so shall it be.

Worth 30m just to get Mahrez back on form.

Riyad was probably unhappy after losing his little French Muslim friend. Now we've given him a significant upgrade in the form of his big French Muslim Algerian friend.

Will probably keep Riyad at the club past this season too, there are very few things that are closer to his heart than Algeria.

Archived