Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Burnley (H) Post Match Thread 3 - 0

27 minutes ago, Raj said:

Slimani is defo an upgrade on ulloa and Okazaki. Good Ariel threat.

Where's all the Mahrez haters now from a couple of weeks ago???

Really good solid performance from us.

Credit to Burnley fans too for making some decent noise.

Onwards and upwards!!!

Be realistic.  Mahrez has picked his game up considerably and was totally involved today. "Hatred" doesn't come into it. The bloke gets praised when he does well and makes the kind of contribution we all know he's capable of and he gets criticised when he gives less than his best. 

That's the way it is with everyone and I'd say it's pretty constructive on here most of the time and might even help in some small way to make players look at their performances and improve some.

Amartey's an example in point. I don't know what's influenced him since the Liverpool game but there's no comparing the quality of his last two games compared with his Anfield effort.

Most of all he didn't ball watch so much or dive in when the ball wasn't there to be won. So full credit to him. 

Comments reflected his improvement in the main. The club sets standards and the fans want them maintained. Happily we seem to have a squad of players who are all keen to improve themselves anyway.

There were no excuses made after Liverpool by anyone - fans, management or players. Just a determination to put things right and do justice to ourselves. And that's how it should be.               .   

We're cooking on gas now, what an immense home debut from the big man! :D

Thought Amartey was promising again, you could see the understanding between him and DD is coming on nicely. I would still want to play Mendy at Old Trafford, for the extra control and experience, if he is fit.

Excellent team performance in the end, the 2nd half was fantastic to watch. 

Two 3-0 victories in a row.  A perfect response to the Liverpool result where we truly let ourselves down IMO.  With our fitness levels getting ever better I'm hoping this can really help us kick on and make us competitive for the season ahead :scarf:

9 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Be realistic.  Mahrez has picked his game up considerably and was totally involved today. "Hatred" doesn't come into it. The bloke gets praised when he does well and makes the kind of contribution we all know he's capable of and he gets criticised when he gives less than his best. 

,You think it's right that Mahrez and infact ANY of last seasons Premier League winners should be getting critisism after the first few games? 

They ALL deserve respect and if that did mean a slow start to the season after the dizzying heights of last season do be it.

You don't become a crap player and accept criticism from fans after a few dodgy games from being an integral part of the team and PFA player of the year.

Anyway,not gonna get into any boring arguments after a 3-0 win!

Enjoy!!!

8 minutes ago, Raj said:

,You think it's right that Mahrez and infact ANY of last seasons Premier League winners should be getting critisism after the first few games? 

They ALL deserve respect and if that did mean a slow start to the season after the dizzying heights of last season do be it.

You don't become a crap player and accept criticism from fans after a few dodgy games from being an integral part of the team and PFA player of the year.

Enjoy!!!

What's respect got to do with it?  Criticism doesn't imply a lack of respect.

I've spent over 60 years loving my club and praising people when they do it justice. 

No-one's said Mahrez is a "crap player" and would probably be laughed out of sight if they did.  

Yet, their criticism has been entirely valid while also comprising the fuel of opinion which keeps this website going. 

Last season's been and gone with all the unforgettable memories that went with it.

Now, what matters is the achievements of this season.     

5 minutes ago, Raj said:

Enjoy!!!

It's absolutely right that he gets criticism if he's not been gokd enough.

What you're talking about here is attacking the player. That certainly wouldn't be right.

Was proud to witness that.

I'm all for critical thinking, but I had to take the piss out of the world class manager walking up the Upperton Road afterwards...It wasn't that he was finding fault as much as he was saying words to the effect that 'Ranieri isn't good enough to see such and such'. 

Fair to say I indulged heavily in sarcasm and irony, which (you will not be surprised to know) went several miles over this self-important berk's head.

A great performance today, it wasn't a case of burnley being poor but more a case of how good we were today. Albrighton was fantastic and yet was kept out of the spotlight thanks to an imense Algerian duo. Really think that albrighton should be considered for England. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

A great performance today, it wasn't a case of burnley being poor but more a case of how good we were today. Albrighton was fantastic and yet was kept out of the spotlight thanks to an imense Algerian duo. Really think that albrighton should be considered for England. 

The fair play league??

Everyone played well today. With better finishing could have been 8 nil.

Slimani looks like he has played with Vardy for years, they will be our best combination.

Mahrez back to his old form, Albrighton and the back 4 all solid.

Zieler did a very good save for their late freekick, which took a deflection so not easy.

There was more variety in our set pieces, and we were rampant second half. Once Burnley went a goal down they lost all shape and creativity.

Amartey played well, but not perfectly. Good in the air and with physical presence

57 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Thrilled with our team today - lots of positives worth mentioning - including the considerable achievement of remaining unbeaten at home for a calendar year and with such style too.

Burnley were exactly what i expected. Organised, competitive, spoilers. That's spelt "struggle" for us in the past but we matched them for all those assets then took them apart with some scintillating football.

I must admit to asking myself what made Slimani worth £29 million after half an hour. The last 46 minutes I understood exactly.

The bloke gives us an extra dimension we've been lacking for a long time - a Bob Latchford-type aerial finisher who links in with others, holds the ball up, has a good touch and works off the ball as well. 

That's not intended to be critical of Ulloa who's much under-rated and under-utilised as a support striker. But Ulloa doesn't often often play in any case and what we've had in Shinji is a willing body and heart but precious little goals threat and even less so in the air.

Today the crosses of our wingers had a real target and once we started putting some fast passing together second half we showed what a variety of attacking ideas we could come up with and how devastating they could be.

Just as readily as I (rightly) criticised Amartey against Liverpool I'll willingly sing his praises today because the man was involved in so much for us today both in breaking up attacks and setting them in motion, both on the floor and in the air.

He did the simple things sensibly, didn't get caught out much by a Burnley team that didn't have much movement in any case and he didn't dive in when it wasn't on to win the ball.

That's three out of four decent games starting with Swansea (I didn't see Hull) and he looks ever more promising. I just want to see how he deals with the next team that tries to cut us apart with movement. And whether he can adapt and read the game and the runs well enough to cope.

Today's was the kind of all-round, entirely committed, Leicester performance which won us the title with no-one rating less than seven and several climbing higher.

It still concerns me that Albrighton doesn't always make the best of his crosses, being inclined to take a touch too many, failing to get sufficient lift or insisting on turning back onto his favoured right foot which he could surely rectify with a modicum of sustained effort. He also seems only half decided when he shoots rather than completely committed and convinced he has a chance to score.

But he still had an excellent game, Mahrez was magical at times, Slimani a deadly inspirition, Vardy a willing, even subtle creator (because he did seem to lift that final touch deliberately onto Slimani for our second goal and, oh yes, Drinkwater was immense. 

Zieler probably had the least to do as a shot stopper as I've ever seen for a Leicester keeper but deserves credit for being alert enough to react to the deflection on their late free kick and so prevent a clean sheet being ruined and to help give us two clean sheets in a row which could, hopefully build the defenders' confidence back to the levels of last season.

Again, they had little to do really but did it well and that's what matters. Suddenly we looked like a formidable unit again and excited about what's ahead of us. 

Well done, one and all. Some of the football was a joy to see.                        

Good post Thrac. And I'd give you an extra rep point for the Bob Latchford comparison if I could :thumbup:

17 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

It's absolutely right that he gets criticism if he's not been gokd enough.

What you're talking about here is attacking the player. That certainly wouldn't be right.

This is what I was implying Harry.

Folk on RL phone in weeks ago were saying to get rid of Mahrez for £30million!!!

I even had to ring in as I was so infuriated!

Anyway like I said there's no way I'm getting into any heated debates today....if we'd have lost I'd be well UP for it so Thracian is a lucky fella tonight!!! LOL!!!

A must-win game that made for difficult viewing in the first half but was transformed into an exhibition after Slimani's two headers. I know it was only Burnley but some of our passing and movement after the interval was wonderful to watch. Maybe we should play towards the 'other end' in the second half more often (I think we only did v Southampton last season).

Incidentally correct me if I'm wrong but we have not conceded at the Kop end for eight league games! And the goal scored by Rondon for West Brom on 1 March is the only one conceded at that end in 15 league games (since Schweinsteiger for Man Utd). That is impressive!

Don't think anyone had a bad game today but while Slimani had a dream debut (and will hopefully consign the willing but weakest link Okazaki to the bench/stands for the rest of the season), I thought Fuchs was immense, flawless even. As was Zieler, whose kicking was so smooth and effortless and his save from the deflected free kick was world class.

Mahrez was great too, but I always knew he'd come good. He is a phenomenon.

What a difference a week makes. 

2 hours ago, thegaffa said:

Still not impressed with Amartey

Agree with you,he was average good today and he was quit good against Swansea

but on the other hand,Burnley was shit,so was Swansea

We saw how bad Amartey was against Liverpool

I have a feeling he will not shine either in manchester,i hope i am mistaken

so i cant say he is good.Ha has to work a lot if wants to be good DM

Archived