Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Well and truly addicted to the world of light. Keep staying up until 2am playing it lol. Using Lucario atm

I keep defaulting to Ryu... I like his style. 

It does have that “Just one more” ability!

1 hour ago, Phube said:

I keep defaulting to Ryu... I like his style. 

It does have that “Just one more” ability!

Not unlocked Ryu yet. I started off on the west side. I’ve taken 2 lots of shield off galeem. Just unlocked the pac man maze on the east side. Hard to get the 4 Star spirits

13 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Not unlocked Ryu yet. I started off on the west side. I’ve taken 2 lots of shield off galeem. Just unlocked the pac man maze on the east side. Hard to get the 4 Star spirits

Sorry its not Pac Man. Turns out it was Game & Watch that was hidden in the maze.

Still loving it

Got an unexpected Christmas Bonus from work so decided to treat myself to a Switch. Been wanting one for a while so I'm so excited to play it when it arrives. I've bought Zelda, Mario Cart 8 and Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate for it.

Anyone got any more recommendations?

Edited by Adster

6 hours ago, Bayfox said:

My kids are playing this Pokemon evee game.

Any ideas. They seem to just be running round a garden etc on the start screen. Just collecting the same 3 things over and over. Is this required? Or should they just move on.

Head North and keep walking though the grasses. Collect as you go!

2 hours ago, Adster said:

Got an unexpected Christmas Bonus from work so decided to treat myself to a Switch. Been wanting one for a while so I'm so excited to play it when it arrives. I've bought Zelda, Mario Cart 8 and Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate for it.

Anyone got any more recommendations?

Super smash brothers. Class game. Also get Mario Odyssey. Brilliant Mario game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doing the Spirit stuff in Smash and there's this "Curry Charizard" level giving me all kinds of grief.  Bastard's got a permanent curry fire effect and each hit seems to do 30-40% damage.   Came close to getting him by spamming Kirby's down special but you mistime one action and you're completely fvcked... 

46 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Doing the Spirit stuff in Smash and there's this "Curry Charizard" level giving me all kinds of grief.  Bastard's got a permanent curry fire effect and each hit seems to do 30-40% damage.   Came close to getting him by spamming Kirby's down special but you mistime one action and you're completely fvcked... 

I’ve had to spam Kitby’s down B to defeat a few of the levels (especially the one where there are multiple enemies all with The star rod!)

6 hours ago, Phube said:

Head North and keep walking though the grasses. Collect as you go!

Cheers but do they need 4 of every thing? I'm pissed off with hearing about some purple rat thing that there's like 40 of? Is one of each enough.

3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Start the battle with the bob-omb. Gives u a good head start in the fight when u throw it straight away. I did the curry charizard quite easily with lucario. I had the bob-omb, a spirit to raise my Aura attack power and the lightweight spirit. Just keep dodging and spamming Aura sphere.

the bob-omb is amazing. The amount of fights I’ve won within 3 seconds by throwing it straight away and sending them flying

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Start the battle with the bob-omb. Gives u a good head start in the fight when u throw it straight away. I did the curry charizard quite easily with lucario. I had the bob-omb, a spirit to raise my Aura attack power and the lightweight spirit. Just keep dodging and spamming Aura sphere.

the bob-omb is amazing. The amount of fights I’ve won within 3 seconds by throwing it straight away and sending them flying

Where do you get the bob-omb?

8 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Cheers but do they need 4 of every thing? I'm pissed off with hearing about some purple rat thing that there's like 40 of? Is one of each enough.

Depends. You only need one of each to ‘catch ‘em all’ but; if you want strong Pokémon to fight gyms and trainers you need to grind, grind, grind... every Pokémon you catch will add Exp to your party and level them up! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Where do you get the bob-omb?

Can’t remember, I started off on the west side of the map so it prob around there somewhere. Just keep fighting and u will stumble upon it. It’s the spirit u need to blow up the big boulders on the map

15 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Can’t remember, I started off on the west side of the map so it prob around there somewhere. Just keep fighting and u will stumble upon it. It’s the spirit u need to blow up the big boulders on the map

Not found it yet (I started with the North path) but I have got a Bomberman from somewhere near the xp training dojo for blowing up the boulders.  That Charizard's on the backburner for now, realised the bar steward had about 3 times my spirit power so I'm just doing other things on the map to get my levels up.

11 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Not found it yet (I started with the North path) but I have got a Bomberman from somewhere near the xp training dojo for blowing up the boulders.  That Charizard's on the backburner for now, realised the bar steward had about 3 times my spirit power so I'm just doing other things on the map to get my levels up.

Image result for bomb man megaman

The guy I got is above. Its Bomb Man from the MegaMan games. Once you have 3 star and 4 star spirits (10000+ power) then when you fight 1 star spirits u can finish them off in 3 seconds. Throw the bomb straight away and they go flying. Level 2 star spirits may not die instantly but they take serious damage. Makes life a little easier when clearing the board.

I have broke Galeems shield and I assume I can now face him. Not going to yet though. Want to at least unlock the whole map.

I recently brought Smash Bros as I've just heard lots of people raving about it.

Never really saw the appeal myself, but it I am really enjoying playing it.

However, I am struggling to really pick it up, even in easy mode, I feel like I'm not playing it right.

Any tips that anyone can give me? Think I just need to keep playing and "git gud"

I think I might be too used to playing on traditional beat-em-ups.

12 minutes ago, lcfcrinaldi said:

I recently brought Smash Bros as I've just heard lots of people raving about it.

Never really saw the appeal myself, but it I am really enjoying playing it.

However, I am struggling to really pick it up, even in easy mode, I feel like I'm not playing it right.

Any tips that anyone can give me? Think I just need to keep playing and "git gud"

I think I might be too used to playing on traditional beat-em-ups.

Yeah I'm still very much trying to relearn everything I've forgotten since the gamecube years. Are you using the shield and dodge-rolling? 

On 01/01/2019 at 09:06, Phube said:

Depends. You only need one of each to ‘catch ‘em all’ but; if you want strong Pokémon to fight gyms and trainers you need to grind, grind, grind... every Pokémon you catch will add Exp to your party and level them up! 

Cheers. They seem to have got the hang of it thank **** as I can't keep up lol

Another question. If they have 2 console's and want to play the same game in hand-held ie Mario kart do they need 2 copies?

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Cheers. They seem to have got the hang of it thank **** as I can't keep up lol

Another question. If they have 2 console's and want to play the same game in hand-held ie Mario kart do they need 2 copies?

Yes I would say so!