Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

On 31/12/2018 at 22:18, Carl the Llama said:

Doing the Spirit stuff in Smash and there's this "Curry Charizard" level giving me all kinds of grief.  Bastard's got a permanent curry fire effect and each hit seems to do 30-40% damage.   Came close to getting him by spamming Kirby's down special but you mistime one action and you're completely fvcked... 

i used link on this and kept hitting him with arrows.

I’m currently tearing my hair out at the Dr. Wily one (where you have to beat 8 mega mans and a Dr Mario)....

Also the 9v one before it where you have to beat Incinerator with a stupid Assist trophy that keeps shooting you!!! 

:@

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Phube said:

I’m currently tearing my hair out at the Dr. Wily one (where you have to beat 8 mega mans and a Dr Mario)....

Also the 9v one before it where you have to beat Incinerator with a stupid Assist trophy that keeps shooting you!!! 

Dr Wily I left well alone. Reckon I could do it now so may give it a try.

The incineroar I left alone also. You don't have to do that to complete that section. Think they are designed for you to head back to the area when you are much stronger.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Phube said:

Same. I moved on and figured I'd come back to it later.

6 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Just picked up Mario Oddysey 

Have you put it down yet? Brilliant game, got the difficulty and progression and the balance between challenge and just fun spot on, I was hooked until I got to 100% then I barely touched my switch again for about 6 months.

7 hours ago, Captain... said:

Have you put it down yet? Brilliant game, got the difficulty and progression and the balance between challenge and just fun spot on, I was hooked until I got to 100% then I barely touched my switch again for about 6 months.

This is exactly as what happened with me. Couldn't put Mario Odyssey down it was so good. Once I hit 100% I also didn't touch the switch for a long time.

I have just finished the World of Light on Super Smash Bros. A really good campaign mode. I am 91% complete so I still have some tasks to do but they shouldn't take me long.

I am interested in how people get on against the final boss. I died 3 times before I eventually beat it. I'm intrigued to know what spirits people used against it as in my head if you don't have the spirit I used it would be a real slog.

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

This is exactly as what happened with me. Couldn't put Mario Odyssey down it was so good. Once I hit 100% I also didn't touch the switch for a long time.

I have just finished the World of Light on Super Smash Bros. A really good campaign mode. I am 91% complete so I still have some tasks to do but they shouldn't take me long.

I am interested in how people get on against the final boss. I died 3 times before I eventually beat it. I'm intrigued to know what spirits people used against it as in my head if you don't have the spirit I used it would be a real slog.

Looking back it was nearly a year without playing on my Switch. I’ve not got smash bros yet, was looking at it and saw Mario vs Rabbis for 15 notes so I’m now having fun with those crazy rabbid guys might wait for smash bros to come down in price

Edited by Captain...

13 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Looking back it was nearly a year without playing on my Switch. I’ve not got smash bros yet, was looking at it and saw Mario vs Rabbis for 15 notes so I’m now having fun with those crazy rabbid guys might wait for smash bros to come down in price

Doubt it will come down in price. You will have to look at pre owned and even then it will prob be £5 cheaper. I would expect it to hold its value for a while.

23 minutes ago, Captain... said:

It won't come down in price but if you're lucky you'll find someone on ebay selling for a good discount, but you're still talking circa £45 at least (unless you're really lucky).

Edited by Carl the Llama

39 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Doubt it will come down in price. You will have to look at pre owned and even then it will prob be £5 cheaper. I would expect it to hold its value for a while.

I’m happy to wait like 6 months I always feel a game should be less than £40. I’ll see what price it’s at after I finish Mario vs Rabbids 

Now I have finished the World of Light and unlocked all characters i'm not sure how much joy I will get out this game now. Only so much online play you can do. Need to try and get my daughter into it. If not then I may trade it in.

Captain. If I look to trade it in ill sell it you if you want. Think it still £50+ so if I sold it to you for £40 then you would get it cheaper and I would make more on trade in. Win Win.

Just a thought.

Edited by kingcarr21

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Just came to the Dr Wily stage with the metal Mega Man pairs.  Absolute pain in the arse.  Until you select Fox and spam his gun attack. lol 

That and the Pauline stage are giving me nightmares at the mo’! 

Not tried Fox though!

2 hours ago, Phube said:

That and the Pauline stage are giving me nightmares at the mo’! 

Not tried Fox though!

Use him with assist trophies like metal killer/shooting attack up/neutral special up and it's a doddle:  Just spam away as soon as it starts, baiting them to your edge; jump over and run to the other side of the stage; turn around and mash b again; rinse and repeat.

The Pauline one's much harder to cheese through, tbh I don't really have any useful advice for it other than to try getting Mario to drop off while he's still in hammer mode so you can focus on DK and Peach but it's very hit and miss depending on how he approaches you.  I think Bowser's fire's quite useful for that but I didn't really get to test it much because I lucked out on a suicidal Peach in my second attempt using him (probs somewhere around my 50th attempt with all characters before you think I'm showing off lol ).

Edited by Carl the Llama

22 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Use him with assist trophies like metal killer/shooting attack up/neutral special up and it's a doddle:  Just spam away as soon as it starts, baiting them to your edge; jump over and run to the other side of the stage; turn around and mash b again; rinse and repeat.

The Pauline one's much harder to cheese through, tbh I don't really have any useful advice for it other than to try getting Mario to drop off while he's still in hammer mode so you can focus on DK and Peach but it's very hit and miss depending on how he approaches you.  I think Bowser's fire's quite useful for that but I didn't really get to test it much because I lucked out on a suicidal Peach in my second attempt using him (probs somewhere around my 50th attempt with all characters before you think I'm showing off lol ).

I did it first time with Fox spamming!! (I feel dirty...) Also used the really useful health regain when you KO players! Cheers! 

Just now, Phube said:

I did it first time with Fox spamming!! (I feel dirty...) Also used the really useful health regain when you KO players! Cheers! 

Ooh that sounds good, I don't have that one.  My only healing assists are the critical damage one-time heal and when you get Pauline her ability heals you a little whenever your shield blocks an attack which is pretty cool in tight stamina battles.

7 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Ooh that sounds good, I don't have that one.  My only healing assists are the critical damage one-time heal and when you get Pauline her ability heals you a little whenever your shield blocks an attack which is pretty cool in tight stamina battles.

When it comes to healing its all about Celebi. Heals 5% every 5 seconds I think. High on damage, just shield and dodge until back to 0%

Dr Wily ive done now using Lucario and spamming Aura Sphere with metal killer. The Pauline level has been a real pain in the arse. I cant do it with Lucario. Fox sounds like the go to character so will try him out.

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

When it comes to healing its all about Celebi. Heals 5% every 5 seconds I think. High on damage, just shield and dodge until back to 0%

Dr Wily ive done now using Lucario and spamming Aura Sphere with metal killer. The Pauline level has been a real pain in the arse. I cant do it with Lucario. Fox sounds like the go to character so will try him out.

Is that one you get in the spirit world or did you win it on the board?