Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, kingcarr21 said:

Good question, I believe I won it in the spirit world but I cant remember for certain.

I've only just started on the map areas beyond the chasm so I still have a lot of map to get through, hopefully it shows up.

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

I've only just started on the map areas beyond the chasm so I still have a lot of map to get through, hopefully it shows up.

Just so you know, the game doesn't end when you think it will.

I actually do think I won it on the spirit board. That skill has made so many 4 star levels much easier to finish.

I have Smash Ult. and the PowerA Gamecube style wireless controller - looking to move them on for cash. Will take £45 for the game (£4.99 less than Amazon) and £35 for the controller (also £4.99 less than Amazon). Want to shift them together. Both brand new and used a total of two times. 

It's just not for me. 

Traded in smash bros. Great game but after finishing the world of light I found it a little hard to get into. My daughter wasn’t bothered about playing it and online is only fun for like 5 mins. 

Got Super Mario Party now. I know my daughter will like it so will get more multiplayer enjoyment from that

Yeah Smash is at its best when you have a few mates over and an afternoon to kill doing tournaments.  For that reason I'm hoping Nintendo patch in on online tournament mode in the coming months (unless it's already there and I'm blind - I've only given the online a brief look since my internet's too shite to play smoothly so I'm waiting until I move house later this month to give it a proper trial).

Anybody else playing/played Octopath Traveller?  

3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Yeah Smash is at its best when you have a few mates over and an afternoon to kill doing tournaments.  For that reason I'm hoping Nintendo patch in on online tournament mode in the coming months (unless it's already there and I'm blind - I've only given the online a brief look since my internet's too shite to play smoothly so I'm waiting until I move house later this month to give it a proper trial).

Anybody else playing/played Octopath Traveller?  

I've only played the demo but will pick up at some point. Was pretty decent from what I played.

On 15/01/2019 at 22:47, kingcarr21 said:

Traded in smash bros. Great game but after finishing the world of light I found it a little hard to get into. My daughter wasn’t bothered about playing it and online is only fun for like 5 mins. 

Got Super Mario Party now. I know my daughter will like it so will get more multiplayer enjoyment from that

SMP is good, but it's frustrating because it has the potential to be so much more. I certainly find that there is a huge lack of content and it seems like the boards were all built for partner mode, as they're just too small for traditional Mario Party.

The mini-games are great though and it's great fun multiplayer, so I'm sure you'll have a blast with your daughter.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

1 year on and still absolutely loving this machine. I have a gaming pc, PS4 and I think 90% of my gaming is just done on the switch.

The pro controller is the best gamepad ever designed for me. I also still can't get over the luxury of playing Warframe while having a shit. On that note I can't believe how well it runs Warframe.

• 3 weeks later...

Nintendo Direct was on last night. Some new info on upcoming games.

Tetris 99 - A battle royale style Tetris game which Is free to download. Quite good actually. Best i've come is 10th

Astral Chains - Looks a good game. Out later this year.

Zelda Links Awakening - A remake of the old Gameboy game. Will pick this up if its a decent price.

Final Fantasy 9 was available to download last night. £17 is a bit steep tho. I have it on the Vita so not fussed. FF7 is out next month.

Other games were talked about. Make sure you watch it

47 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Nintendo Direct was on last night. Some new info on upcoming games.

Tetris 99 - A battle royale style Tetris game which Is free to download. Quite good actually. Best i've come is 10th

Astral Chains - Looks a good game. Out later this year.

Zelda Links Awakening - A remake of the old Gameboy game. Will pick this up if its a decent price.

Final Fantasy 9 was available to download last night. £17 is a bit steep tho. I have it on the Vita so not fussed. FF7 is out next month.

Other games were talked about. Make sure you watch it

I was only interested in the new Pokémon game announcement and that didn’t come so it felt like a very underwhelming direct for me 

Delighted to see Link's Awakening coming, looks like a quality 2D Zelda, if it's anything like Link Between Worlds it will be ace. Best bit of the Direct was laughing at the Fire Emblem trailer though:

Play as the Leicester Alliance. They've actually pronounced Leicester properly too. And to top it all off, the name of the leader of the Alliance. It's got to be deliberate surely, must be a Fox on the inside at Nintendo lol Don't see any Tottenhams or Derby or Man United showing up in Nintendo games. US = MASSIVE.

• Like 1

On 14/02/2019 at 12:29, Rusko187 said:

Mario Maker 2, Links Awakening are enough to get me very excited. 

Nintendo are absolutely nailing it with the Switch, whilst I've owned handheld consoles I find I'm on this a lot.

I think it's just meeting the needs of a lot of people. Gaming gets harder to prioritise as we get older. Now you can be really into a modern game and not have to worry about life getting in the way. Got a work trip? No worries. Wife and kids hogging the TV? No worries.

Edited by z-layrex
  • Like 1

On 16/02/2019 at 18:51, z-layrex said:

I think it's just meeting the needs of a lot of people. Gaming gets harder to prioritise as we get older. Now you can be really into a modern game and not have to worry about life getting in the way. Got a work trip? No worries. Wife and kids hogging the TV? No worries.

Exactly this, for my job I commute a fair bit and have to stop away in hotels alot. Switch is ideal to just throw in a bag and pick up where you left off, was in the car a lot over the weekend so got a few hours of Breath of the Wild in. 

Finished The Way last night. Really good puzzler. If its still 89p in the store I would highly recommend. plenty of times puzzles had me scratching my head. Lost count how many times I died. When you die though you respawn at the last checkpoint. There are regular checkpoints so you never have to do loads of repetitive things.

For you guys who commute to work and need a quick pick me up this is defo a game worth getting