Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

33 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

So much for getting Skyrim for my flight lol. I cant put it down. What a game. Played it so many times and yet providing I have a long enough break between playing I just fall in love with it again and do missions that I'm sure ive never done before lol 

I think its right up there as best game ever for me. Simply because I've put in so many hours and still love it. Roll on the next elder scrolls game (that isn't online)

oh crap, you're going to make me buy it again, aren't you?

• Haha 1

Personally don't know why you'd get the switch version if you already have the ultimate Skyrim experience on pc and a raft of unique Switch games to try instead.  I definitely get the allure though: It's a damn replayable title and easily responsible for the most amount of my time sunk into a game... as an adult with other things to do and having to spend their own money on it anyway lol Nothing will ever rival how long a young Carl spent glued to Pokemons Red, Silver or Ruby... or even the wildcard Mario Smash Football which remains a woefully underappreciated title.

48 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Personally don't know why you'd get the switch version if you already have the ultimate Skyrim experience on pc and a raft of unique Switch games to try instead.  I definitely get the allure though: It's a damn replayable title and easily responsible for the most amount of my time sunk into a game... as an adult with other things to do and having to spend their own money on it anyway lol Nothing will ever rival how long a young Carl spent glued to Pokemons Red, Silver or Ruby... or even the wildcard Mario Smash Football which remains a woefully underappreciated title.

I had Mario smash football but couldn't beat Diddy Kong so gave up on it lol 

Pokémon Blue will always be an achievement for me. I had all 151 pokemon including Mew who a mate of mine did the Missingno glitch for me. 

12 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Oh dear God I've just seen that Dragon's Dogma is now on the Switch.  I don't have enough time or money for all these fantastic games.

You played it before? I had it on PlayStation and found it decent. So another game to add to the list lol 

37 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

You played it before? I had it on PlayStation and found it decent. So another game to add to the list lol 

Yeah I had the PS3 version + expansions but that's been stolen by old housemates so could well pick it up again. When I've finished my backlog which will probs take about a year lol

• 2 weeks later...

Got a switch a couple of weeks ago wth Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, downloaded Tetris 99, brawlhalla etc. Absolutely loving it at the minute.

Any recommendations for games to download, not the full price ones as I'm now broke from buying the console

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but I also got this

MAYFLASH Magic-NS
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B079B5KHWQ

Which allows me to use my old PS3 Dual Shock (wirelessly) on the switch, without having to shell out for a new controller.

I think you can connect pretty much any old controller you have, but i love the feel of the PS contollers , and it works like a dream

On 15/04/2019 at 10:37, stripeyfox said:

Some really good games coming out now for the Switch. I love this console (despite the hardware problems I've had). Can't wait for the new Zelda game (which looks much more "Zelda" like than BOTW).

Love having Civilization on Switch too. 

Never played Ace Attorney @kingcarr21 but sounds alright - not paying £30 for it though! - I literally don't understand how you manage to play all these games? Don't you ever sleep? lol

Controller Update: Brought a new set which arrived on Saturday. Got the dodgy set packed up and will send back to Nintendo using their pre paid label. Hopefully shouldn't sting me too much to repair and then will have a working spare set!

Repair Update: Nintendo repaired the JoyCon's - free of charge (even though outside warranty) and they arrived back today - with a new 12 month warranty.

Can finally have 4 player Mario Kart !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/05/2019 at 11:17, chrisfox said:

Got a switch a couple of weeks ago wth Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, downloaded Tetris 99, brawlhalla etc. Absolutely loving it at the minute.

Any recommendations for games to download, not the full price ones as I'm now broke from buying the console

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but I also got this

MAYFLASH Magic-NS
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B079B5KHWQ

Which allows me to use my old PS3 Dual Shock (wirelessly) on the switch, without having to shell out for a new controller.

I think you can connect pretty much any old controller you have, but i love the feel of the PS contollers , and it works like a dream

Get Katana Zero

17 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

Little help guys, my wife just bought herself a nintendo switch, she loves those platform games like Mario, which she has, any recommendations on any other kind of fun games like that? Want to buy her a present.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney if she likes a good story with plenty of twists and turns. Cant recommend highly enough. £30 for the trilogy is an absolute steal if you have never played them before.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

Little help guys, my wife just bought herself a nintendo switch, she loves those platform games like Mario, which she has, any recommendations on any other kind of fun games like that? Want to buy her a present.

Celeste.

• 3 weeks later...

Nintendo Direct today at 5pm for us, It will be on the Nintendo website and also on YouTube. Its a 40 min presentation with updates on new games etc. I would suggest watching it if you get a chance. Hopefully we get news on,

Pokémon Sword and Shield (Even More info than a couple of days ago)

Smash Bros - New DLC character

Luigis Mansion 3

Zelda Links Awakening

Metroid Prime 4 (Please Please Please)

A new Zelda (Please Please Please)

I'm sure other things will be revealed also. They always save the big reveal to the very end

Edited by kingcarr21

5 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Nintendo Direct today at 5pm for us, It will be on the Nintendo website and also on YouTube. Its a 40 min presentation with updates on new games etc. I would suggest watching it if you get a chance. Hopefully we get news on,

Luigis Mansion 3

Zelda Links Awakening

I'm sure other things will be revealed also. They always save the big reveal to the very end

Ah, thanks for the heads up. Will watch that. 

No chance in terms of the last two mate :D hope I’m wrong though! Maybe a Mario Odyssey 2 announcement? 

2 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Ah, thanks for the heads up. Will watch that. 

No chance in terms of the last two mate :D hope I’m wrong though! Maybe a Mario Odyssey 2 announcement? 

If they announce a Mario Odyssey 2 before more info on Metroid Prime 4 I wont be amused.

Saying that though Odyssey was absolutely brilliant

EDIT. I see you are in Denmark, which I believe you are an hour ahead of BST so will be 6pm for you

Edited by kingcarr21

6 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Luigis Mansion 3

Zelda Links Awakening

Really looking forward to Zelda Links Awakening. I appreciate everything that BOTW was, but for me, it wasn't "Zelda"

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

If they announce a Mario Odyssey 2 before more info on Metroid Prime 4 I wont be amused.

Saying that though Odyssey was absolutely brilliant

EDIT. I see you are in Denmark, which I believe you are an hour ahead of BST so will be 6pm for you

Cheers :) If it’s a direct sequel built on the same engine as SMO I can definitely see it before MP4, unfortunately. Given the news that they changed studios and started over, I’m not expecting MP4 news until next year at the earliest. We will see though. 

Hopefully it won’t be 30 minutes dedicated to one game like Smash Bros last year. 

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Really looking forward to Zelda Links Awakening. I appreciate everything that BOTW was, but for me, it wasn't "Zelda"

Agree 100%. Now they have just announced the sequel to BOTW is in development. Which doesn't fill me with too much cheer. I love the Zelda games and BOTW was a great game but not a proper Zelda game. If they bring dungeons back into the sequel that would be a start.

9 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Very surprised to see BOTW sequel! It looks dark. Fingers crossed there’s proper dungeons. Otherwise that was a fairly dull presentation...

Didn't really get that other Zelda game, was it a dancing thing? Out in 2 days so might be worth a look

BotW mixes up the formula that they've been sticking too since Link to the Past on the SNES. Since LttP, it's basically been a run through 8(ish) dungeons in order on the overworld, with a new key item in each dungeon that gets used extensively in that dungeon to solve puzzles as well as beat the boss, before a big showdown with Gannon(dorf).

In BotW, they give you all your key items up front, and the order you tackle things in is completely open. There are still 4 decent dungeons, where you can get some very useful (but non essential) power up moves that make the final boss a lot easier. The map is covered with lots of tiny hidden shrines, with each one containing a puzzle room (or combat room), which is a lot like a single room you might find in a traditional dungeon with some kind of goodies inside (piece of heart etc). If you are a madman, you can try and storm Ganon's castle right at the beginning. You'll almost certainly die, but the option is open.

I'm a big fan of traditional Zelda, but still loved Breath of the Wild. There was still more than enough of the traditional Zelda roots there for me, in the combat and the shrine puzzles. The physics engine in the game is excellent, so combat is a joy, and you can take on enemy encounters in any way you choose. The overworld is pretty stunning, and it's nice to just adventure round it exploring nooks and crannies just for the hell of it.

Looking forward to the sequel, I enjoyed the storyline dynamic between Link and Zelda last time, so hopefully we get a lot more of that this time. Would be great to have some unique dungeons back with some cool bosses, would be cracking to take on some big Dodongos or a dragon or something like that. Also, thinking about the potential to add things like the hookshot into this physics engine would be incredible.

• Like 1