Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

Nvidia shield technology, probably has a 4g connection to the wireless "tablet" and the base holds all the power

45 minutes ago, matty98 said:

It shows the tablet being used on a plane though so can't be surely?

There's more and more intercontinental flights with Wi-Fi access nowadays.

16 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

Considering they are no longer supporting the Wii U I don't think you've got much of a choice :/

I cant find any details to say they aren't supporting the Wii U (for the time being) I know they are stopping production of the console itself but i cant find any details to say they wont still release games for it. Zelda is being released at the same time on both consoles so will be a launch title for the switch. I might just keep the Wii U anyway and put it in my daughters room and i can have the Switch. 

Probably wouldn't get a huge amount for the Wii U anyway. Its a shame as i don't think its a bad console.

What i worry about with this Nintendo is the battery life of the tablet when you are out and about. Wouldn't surprise me if you didn't make it past an hour on Zelda before its asking to be plugged in to charge.

41 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I cant find any details to say they aren't supporting the Wii U (for the time being) I know they are stopping production of the console itself but i cant find any details to say they wont still release games for it. Zelda is being released at the same time on both consoles so will be a launch title for the switch. I might just keep the Wii U anyway and put it in my daughters room and i can have the Switch. 

Probably wouldn't get a huge amount for the Wii U anyway. Its a shame as i don't think its a bad console.

What i worry about with this Nintendo is the battery life of the tablet when you are out and about. Wouldn't surprise me if you didn't make it past an hour on Zelda before its asking to be plugged in to charge.

Hold on to it if I were you.

Sold so poorly will be worth some dollar 15-20 years down the line. 

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

Still got a Dreamcast and a Gamecube knocking around somewhere :ph34r:

Hoping when I come to sell all three I'll be able to retire.

I have got Paper Mario Thousand Year Door for Gamecube but no console. I'll give you £10 and a Mars Bar for it lol 

1 minute ago, stripeyfox said:

No plans to get rid of my Wii-U. The kids play it constantly - Mario Maker is their favourite, along with Splatoon!

For me its Zelda Wind Waker. My daughter prefers to watch me play it though. She just plays dancing games. 

Have you played Lego City Undercover. I bet your kids would love that 

Looks fun enough but unless they go hard on their exclusives then I'm not too sure about this. They need to release about 2-3 times as many exclusive games compared to the Wii u to make it worth it. The funny thing is, i'll probably buy it just because of Zelda. 

5 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Hold on to it if I were you.

Sold so poorly will be worth some dollar 15-20 years down the line. 

This.  Agree (for a change) Pablo.

I have the 32x and a few games - Afterburner, Doom, Virtua Racing.  Afterburner in particular commands a very high price on retro game selling sites.

6 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I've just thought the Switch is cartridges so all my Wii and Wii U games would be useless on it. Looks like the Wii U will be staying. Never get rid of it when i've got games like Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime Corruption. Both excellent games

From what I read the Switch will be mostly download games, but games can be bought on SD cards, so you will probably be able to download Wii and Wii U games, but whether you will have to buy them again or be able to copy them over from your old discs I don't know. There doesn't appear to be a cd slot on the switch.

I'm hoping the Switch controllers will double as Wii controllers/nunchuks I do miss my Wii, it was just good fun to play.

Seems strange that they don't re-release the Wii with upgraded hardware.  That's all it needs.

Instead they go with something untried and tested on consumers, another gimmick, hoping that it works.  

If there was an option to download the best the Wii U has on offer through this new gimmick though, might be tempted.

1 hour ago, hairmetalgamer said:

Is this really a new concept? Its just a tablet with over designed controllers. I can plug my tablet into the tv and use my xbox controllers with it, if its underpowered and over priced which is likely then I can't see why anyone would buy it

Exclusives presumably.

1 minute ago, hairmetalgamer said:

didn't work for the wii u

That's just it - the Wii was a massive success as infants and pensioners (i.e. non-gamers) could enjoy it as it was a novelty toy that was so far removed from any sort of gaming device previously, as well as Nintendo fans to play Nintendo games. Once the Wii started to dip they followed it up with a confusing mess of a console with a tacky massive controller that no-one wanted. The Switch basically looks like the Wii U but a bit more powerful and with controllers that people are going to lose almost immediately if using on the go - will be amazed if it doesn't bankrupt the company

Can't help but feel Nintendo are going the way of Sega 15 years ago, which is a real shame having grown up when all people played was Master System or NES (Gameboy/Game Gear) then Megadrive or SNES. I still hope there's a day when Sega and Nintendo team up and make the most badass console known to man (Super Mega Entertainment Gear Master Appliance, or SMEGMA for short), which is well more powerful than you could ever imagine (like 16million-bit but better) and is too powerful to run any apps or anything, just gaming but games that would just not be possible on PS4 or Xbox One or PC due to their severe lack of SMEGMA-blast processing

• Like 1

“At a later date, before the March launch, we’ll be talking about things like exact launch date, and of course, the games. You shouldn’t assume what you saw on the video represents actual game footage and further specifics on first-party games will be provided later.”

:/

On 10/24/2016 at 14:49, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

That's just it - the Wii was a massive success as infants and pensioners (i.e. non-gamers) could enjoy it as it was a novelty toy that was so far removed from any sort of gaming device previously, as well as Nintendo fans to play Nintendo games. Once the Wii started to dip they followed it up with a confusing mess of a console with a tacky massive controller that no-one wanted. The Switch basically looks like the Wii U but a bit more powerful and with controllers that people are going to lose almost immediately if using on the go - will be amazed if it doesn't bankrupt the company

Can't help but feel Nintendo are going the way of Sega 15 years ago, which is a real shame having grown up when all people played was Master System or NES (Gameboy/Game Gear) then Megadrive or SNES. I still hope there's a day when Sega and Nintendo team up and make the most badass console known to man (Super Mega Entertainment Gear Master Appliance, or SMEGMA for short), which is well more powerful than you could ever imagine (like 16million-bit but better) and is too powerful to run any apps or anything, just gaming but games that would just not be possible on PS4 or Xbox One or PC due to their severe lack of SMEGMA-blast processing

It's actually a really good console, has as many 90+ Exclusives as the PS4, and a good array of 5-6 games backing that up in the 80+s. It's problem is it never got the long term commitment from third part developers as everyone on the earth guessed would happen (bar Phube) Most AAA's dropped it at after the initial sales were poor.