Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

13 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Never played Xenoblade but i have a couple of friends who say its a great game. Might be something ill try one day

It's an excellent series and you can now play them in order all on the Switch and I'd urge you to do so as there is an overriding plot.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nintendo Direct on right now. just announced F Zero 99. Original F Zero game but as a battle royale with 99 drivers on the track. Looks like fun and also Free to download if you have the Online Membership.

I am just waiting for any other big announcements

Edited by kingcarr21
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2023 at 15:26, spacemunky said:

I'm mostly addicted to looking through the Nintendo eShop and not actually buying anything lol

Got Cat Milk maybe a year ago for 1 cent. My nephew still plays it every time he comes over. 

Oh I just buy games and think oh this looks good would love to play it. I even go watch game plays for the game buy it, along with a few other, get home and play the same game had from day one and then it's just sits there. I have 4 different versions (regions) of the same game and not one has been played 😆 I am not even doing it to be collector or anything. I stick to games I know I would like to play but for some odd reason always play the same old game. Think I might need help 😆. luckily my wife plays games too so she makes a joke about going to the Nintendo library lol

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, TeamRocket said:

Oh I just buy games and think oh this looks good would love to play it. I even go watch game plays for the game buy it, along with a few other, get home and play the same game had from day one and then it's just sits there. I have 4 different versions (regions) of the same game and not one has been played 😆 I am not even doing it to be collector or anything. I stick to games I know I would like to play but for some odd reason always play the same old game. Think I might need help 😆. luckily my wife plays games too so she makes a joke about going to the Nintendo library lol

I have a similar problem. Deku Deals does not help with this - helps you to not buy stuff when its not on sale, but when that box shows up saying "Lowest Price Ever", it doesn't half tempt you to add it to your library...

• Like 1

On 15/10/2023 at 00:24, orangecity23 said:

I have a similar problem. Deku Deals does not help with this - helps you to not buy stuff when its not on sale, but when that box shows up saying "Lowest Price Ever", it doesn't half tempt you to add it to your library...

Agree. It's mad the other day I was adding the games on to CEX and after looking at how much I would get I was like cool but then after counting how many games I have I was like oh about 100 or more games and il have full physical copy library. So what do I do try finding some games I don't have and buy a few lol

• Haha 1

On 07/10/2023 at 13:38, MPH said:

Was telling my son about speedball2 on the Amiga.

Does anyone know  of a remake or anything similar that would be available on the Switch?

you can definitely download it on Android phones.... I've had hours of fun picking it back up!!

26 minutes ago, Raj said:

I've seen booster pass things for the game.

I've no idea what it is🤣🤣🤣

Is it worth it or will he be happy with jusgvtge game for now?

https://www.very.co.uk/nintendo-switch-mario-kart-8-deluxe-booster-pass-set/1600938873.prd#sku=sku26899239

Just get the game. Those packs unlock extra tracks. More than enough to start with

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Just get the game. Those packs unlock extra tracks. More than enough to start with

Agree with this. Hone your craft with just the normal game sliding etc. Once you unlock all the additional gear (karts/wheels/characters etc) 

Then maybe look at the dlc. 

Getting one of these for my kid for xmas.

Comes with Switch Sports, Mario kart 8.  What other games should I get for him (he will be 6)?  Was looking at getting New Super Lucky Tales and Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle as its 2 for £20 currently.

12 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/en/2023/231108.html

didn’t know where to put this… live-action Zelda film in development. I want to love the idea but I simply can’t see how it can be any good lol 

It could be brilliant but i just do not see them getting it right. Who on earth do you get to play as Link?

As long as Disney have nothing to do with it lol 

5 hours ago, foxes1988 said:

Comes with Switch Sports, Mario kart 8.  What other games should I get for him (he will be 6)?  Was looking at getting New Super Lucky Tales and Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle as its 2 for £20 currently.

Mario Party is good even if is a recipe for divorce if you play it as a family. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, foxes1988 said:

Pokemon Let’s Go is very accessible for kids that age. I’d imagine that’d be a huge hit if he’s into Pokémon. Apart from that, Mario Odyssey, Mario 3D World and Mario Wonder are all excellent games (even for adults) where you can co-op your way through the adventure. I think the latter two even have characters that can’t take damage, which makes it a bit more accessible for kids.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally bought a Switch after pondering about getting one for some time. I am a very casual gamer, haven't bought anything new since our Nintendo Wii many many years ago, but do like to play for a bit from time to time, particularly in the winter months as I hate the cold and stay indoors more. Any recommendations for must check out games? Its hard for me to say which type of games I like as my previous must plays have been tomb raider, mario and wii sports..! The package I bought comes with Super Mario Wonder and I will definitely be investing in Hogwarts Legacy. 

28 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Finally bought a Switch after pondering about getting one for some time. I am a very casual gamer, haven't bought anything new since our Nintendo Wii many many years ago, but do like to play for a bit from time to time, particularly in the winter months as I hate the cold and stay indoors more. Any recommendations for must check out games? Its hard for me to say which type of games I like as my previous must plays have been tomb raider, mario and wii sports..! The package I bought comes with Super Mario Wonder and I will definitely be investing in Hogwarts Legacy. 

Hogwarts has been given some poor reviews due to the differences between the Switch and the PS5/Xbox versions, which is understandable with the lack of power.

Super Mario Odyssey is an absolute must have game. An easy pick up and play game that i think would be perfect for you. By far the best Mario game ( i haven't played Wonder but even that i doubt will be better than Odyssey)

There are obvious big titles like the Zelda games but if you are a casual gamer then Zelda might be too intense, i cant imagine it being a game you could just have an hour here and there.

Get on the Nintendo Store and look for some deals. I for one am a lover of the Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney games, if you like to solve crimes that are proper head scratchers then its brilliant.

• Thanks 1