Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lako42

Surrounded by ****wits

2 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Bar Simpson and in some parts Mahrez it was a shambles of a performance.

People paying 30-40 quid to watch people earning upto 100K per week play like amateurs have every right to voice their opinion.

sure they have every right to express their opinion, free country and all that, but the negativity says more about them than anything else. Have a grumble with your mates, but don't spew your negativity over everyone else. Rose tinted spectacles or not, I do believe we will settle down this season, sure it's disappointing to be where we are at the moment, but I don't think many would bet against us refinding our mojo and assembling a good run. And frankly if you don't take an optimistic view of the future, what's the point really?

7 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

sure they have every right to express their opinion, free country and all that, but the negativity says more about them than anything else. Have a grumble with your mates, but don't spew your negativity over everyone else. Rose tinted spectacles or not, I do believe we will settle down this season, sure it's disappointing to be where we are at the moment, but I don't think many would bet against us refinding our mojo and assembling a good run. And frankly if you don't take an optimistic view of the future, what's the point really?

Your last sentence sums it up perfectly for me. 

The problem is that some will see this optimistic outlook as 'happy clappy' or accepting poor performances or wearing rose tinted specs etc. 

This forum is toxic after the West Brom game and some people are desperate to point the finger or find a scape goat/someone to blame. 

I agree we'll find our mojo again, and I can't see any other option than to trust CR and the players to sort it out. We used to pride ourselves on 'keeping the faith' but it seems some have lost the faith and only see doom and gloom ahead....

16 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Your last sentence sums it up perfectly for me. 

The problem is that some will see this optimistic outlook as 'happy clappy' or accepting poor performances or wearing rose tinted specs etc. 

This forum is toxic after the West Brom game and some people are desperate to point the finger or find a scape goat/someone to blame. 

I agree we'll find our mojo again, and I can't see any other option than to trust CR and the players to sort it out. We used to pride ourselves on 'keeping the faith' but it seems some have lost the faith and only see doom and gloom ahead....

The forums, generally, toxic after most defeats tbh.

I've got to say I've never really seen the point in booing the team, I generally only tend to be negative on the stands if I want the manager gone (there is a point then as your trying to get your message over to the board) that's not happened since everyone's fav bespectacled Scotsman and has band of woeful players were at the club. 

If you can only offer 'support' during the good times then you are not really much of a 'supporter' at all.

After what these lot have given us as fans I think they deserve more than 11 games of actual 'support' when things get tough.

When they turn this around it certainly wont be anything to do with the booing minority and the players certainly wont forget how people reacted when they were struggling.

Huge difference booing a performance like that to booing a performance that ended with a shite score. Had we performed and been unlucky and lost 0-4 then no.

but booing the worst performance in a season of poor performances yes.

We need to stop shielding our players last season is gone and done. I don't think letting them know we are not happy will do any harm. I am sure if we performed at work like the players did Sunday our bosses would tell us. Just as when we perform great they tell us.

We let our players know all last season how good they were now they are poor. As the old saying goes your as good as your last result. Not only was the result bad the performance was piss poor.

I'd heartily agree with the "I pay my money, I've a right to boo" brigade if I wasn't *so* sure they're the same types do absolutely nothing to contribute to the atmosphere in the first place and want the players to "give us something to cheer about" before even thinking about opening their gobs in support.

4 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Sorry the last sentance is highly inaccurate. 

Dispite the scorlines of 3-2 away win  and 2-2 at home, we were far and away better than West Brom in both games. 

i meant the home game, and no way were we, it was a very lucky delfected goal that got us a point if i remeber correctly.

12 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

i meant the home game, and no way were we, it was a very lucky delfected goal that got us a point if i remeber correctly.

We were better than West Brom though, much better. If I remember correctly that was in among a set of 1-0 wins where we were questionably quite lucky but the one game we did actually look good (this one) we ended up drawing.

We were all over them in the 2nd half. 

We didn't need to score to get a point either we were winning 2-1 before Gardner his a 1-50 free kick into the top corner. 

Anyone who thinks booing their own team at any time is going to be productive just hasn't thought things through.

It will simply demoralise players.

And it makes you look like a tosser.

You boo the opposition, you boo the ref. You don't boo your own side.

It's amazing that it is even up for discussion.

Totally agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find booing rather pathetic, but I can't prevent others from doing so and I am by no means in the position to criticize them for expressing how they feel.

Sometimes, however, I find myself justifying it as "means to an end" (rarely, though) - given our past few years under Pearson and now Ranieri, I've sort of become unaccustomed to it. I'll admit that. We've been on an upward spiral for so long (even in historical context a rather unheard of fact), I don't even know what it feels like booing. lol

The West Brom game left me apathetic in a way and I couldn't bring myself to express overly negative feelings, because I still have the memory of last season in mind and the sense of gratitude.

8 hours ago, Lako42 said:

If you can only offer 'support' during the good times then you are not really much of a 'supporter' at all.

After what these lot have given us as fans I think they deserve more than 11 games of actual 'support' when things get tough.

When they turn this around it certainly wont be anything to do with the booing minority and the players certainly wont forget how people reacted when they were struggling.

I give my support by paying to attend games, by watching their games at my own opportunity cost every weekend and midweek. If i want to boo them I am entitled too, I am of the opinion that a cacophony of boos somehow has a net positive on long term performance how ever slight it may be (and perhaps this is optimistic of me). The argument that this somehow makes you less of a supporter is mmmm...

1 minute ago, Mezeker said:

I give my support by paying to attend games, by watching their games at my own opportunity cost every weekend and midweek. If i want to boo them I am entitled too, I am of the opinion that a cacophony of boos somehow has a net positive on long term performance how ever slight it may be (and perhaps this is optimistic of me). The argument that this somehow makes you less of a supporter is mmmm...

Supporters support their team pal. The clue's in the name. You're just an attendee.

3 minutes ago, Mezeker said:

Yes you are entitled too, I just wish you wouldn't. And if I hear you booing I will come and boo your booing

On 06/11/2016 at 19:08, Lako42 said:

Look at the bigger picture??

I was at Barnsley away 3 seasons back. 

Such poor progress hey boys.

Completely agree. Current champions, odds on for knock out stages of the Champion's league. Full houses every match and an atmosphere that [generally] any other team would kill for. It's worth my season ticket to just watch the pre-match video of season highlights from last year and stand in the same position as I did when Bocelli sang and Wes lifted the trophy.

Yes it's frustrating and we've been slow out of the blocks at time this season. But compared with where we've come from? The occasional bump in the road, that's all. We're moving forward both on and off the pitch and really need to enjoy what is still the most fantastic time in our history.

I'm 'entitled' to do all sorts of crap, it doesn't edify it. I'm also entitled to be disgusted by those that are booing, without judgement. It wasn't great on Sunday I agree, but I didn't see a team of people not trying, I saw fatigue, bad decisions, mistakes and miscommunications.

Archived