Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Trump Triumphs

32 minutes ago, MattP said:

If someone's opinion is so disgraceful you can't even share a sofa with them to talk about a film I would imagine it should be easy to build a case in seconds that would destroy them. Although I suppose the most sensible thing to do would just be to turn up and do what you have been booked for, to talk about your latest film.

Although if actors are now only going to start only appearing on shows with presenters who hold opinions they agree with it will make it a lot easier for the rest of us to avoid their guff, so I'd be happy with it.

What next? Managers refusing to appear on MOTD because they don't agree with Gary Lineker on not checking the age of child refugees? Militant athiests refusing to go on BBC breakfast because Dan Walker is a Christian?

I agree with what you are saying Matt, however, if you look at it from a different point of view it also makes sense why he didn't turn up. He could have gone on Tv and debated with PM why he was in the wrong and it probably would have made good Tv, thus providing ratings and clickbairt for the show PM is on and further legitimising him. 

What i don't agree with is him not bothering to turn up and then putting something on twitter - that is attention seeking twattery! 

44 minutes ago, MattP said:

If someone's opinion is so disgraceful you can't even share a sofa with them to talk about a film I would imagine it should be easy to build a case in seconds that would destroy them. Although I suppose the most sensible thing to do would just be to turn up and do what you have been booked for, to talk about your latest film.

Although if actors are now only going to start only appearing on shows with presenters who hold opinions they agree with it will make it a lot easier for the rest of us to avoid their guff, so I'd be happy with it.

What next? Managers refusing to appear on MOTD because they don't agree with Gary Lineker on not checking the age of child refugees? Militant athiests refusing to go on BBC breakfast because Dan Walker is a Christian?

You've missed my point and just repeated your previous argument with more words.

But the key passage that I will pick up... You've gone with the "only appearing on shows with presenters who hold opinions they agree with" which is not the case here.

He's objected to comments he can't agree with, something very different (and everyone's right) and has provided a short and simple message to explain why he didn't wish to appear this morning.

You could say, that was his personal argument here, short and simple and that he doesn't need to debate it because he's only expressed a personal opinion.

Don't you let your like or dislike or the personalities involved to sway your judgement.

Just now, leicsmac said:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/586

First wave coming in. Expect more.

Isn't this to be expected?  Wasn't he voted in saying he would do thinks like this?

I can understand the concern of his opposition, but we aren't going to have four years of them complaining about hi doing stuff he said he would do are we?

Just now, MattP said:

Isn't this to be expected?  Wasn't he voted in saying he would do thinks like this?

I can understand the concern of his opposition, but we aren't going to have four years of them complaining about hi doing stuff he said he would do are we?

Well yes probably, especially when his administration oversees such radical social change that could effect a great many people and put the lower classes especially at risk.

The opposition doesn't stop opposing after the election, I agreed with you over the lunatics throwing bins around at his inauguration were pointless but surely when legislation like this is put forward it's the key time to oppose?

6 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

I shit you not, this really happened.

So, anti Trump protesters/feminists/(white) anti white supremacy protesters in Berlin were chanting Allahu Akbar over the weekend. Yes, really. lol 

Not even a surprise anymore this sort of thing. I've not fact-checked it, but there was a story going around Twitter that the women who organised the march in Washington is pro Saudi/Wahhabist Sharia.

We seem to have come full circle in 50 years, in the 70's the opressed marched against the Islamic revolution in Iran and wanted to make sure religion and forced garments played no part in their life, now in the West free people will soon be wearing hijabs and demanding Sharia in the belief it makes them progressive. It's completely bonkers.

Just now, Finnaldo said:

Well yes probably, especially when his administration oversees such radical social change that could effect a great many people and put the lower classes especially at risk.

The opposition doesn't stop opposing after the election, I agreed with you over the lunatics throwing bins around at his inauguration were pointless but surely when legislation like this is put forward it's the key time to oppose?

Oppose in the proper way of course, but I don't get the point in constant moaning about an administration implementing the things it was elected to implement.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Absolutely it was expected, because as you say it was spoken of.

And yes, it's going to be complained about, and fought tooth and nail. Why on Earth should some folk simply accept risking their right to bodily autonomy taken away simply because a well organised minority got into a position of power strong enough to get it to happen?

The argument could be made that this should have been done at the ballot box back in November, but thanks to ridiculous infighting the best that can be done now is damage limitation on matters like this.

Oh, and regarding the aid bill Trump signed as was discussed earlier...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/mexico-city-policy-donald-trump-reinstates-global-abortion-men-latest-photograph-a7542561.html

Funny how there's no leading woman input on an issue that concerns then so much.

Just now, MattP said:

Oppose in the proper way of course, but I don't get the point in constant moaning about an administration implementing the things it was elected to implement.

It depends on the proposition I suppose, the abortion argument is a particularly sensitive one so it's always going to cause an outcry regardless of the circumstances  proposed.

In a more general outlook, the hardcore Anti-Trump will look to spin all his moves positive or not. Then you'll have the opportunists who'll stay on the boat as long as it boosts their platform, much like Milo Yiannapoulos has on the alt-right. 

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Not even a surprise anymore this sort of thing. I've not fact-checked it, but there was a story going around Twitter that the women who organised the march in Washington is pro Saudi/Wahhabist Sharia.

We seem to have come full circle in 50 years, in the 70's the opressed marched against the Islamic revolution in Iran and wanted to make sure religion and forced garments played no part in their life, now in the West free people will soon be wearing hijabs and demanding Sharia in the belief it makes them progressive. It's completely bonkers.

It really is bonkers!

That awkward moment when feminists embrace the belief system that produced honour killings, acid attacks on women and stoning for being raped.

9 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

If Betsy Devos was the highest standard of woman he could find to be in his cabinet, then I'm not surprised there aren't many more.

5 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

That awkward moment when feminists embrace the belief system that produced honour killings, acid attacks on women and stoning for being raped.

It is weird. We shouldn't be surprised though, alot of them don't really even have a clue what they are even protesting about.

Just have a listen to a few of them.... lol

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

If Betsy Devos was the highest standard of woman he could find to be in his cabinet, then I'm not surprised there aren't many more.

:P Touche, though perhaps that's a sign that he should be looking for better consultation on womens issues rather than seeking no input from ladies at all (at a high level) on this?

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Anyone know how likely this is to pass through committee, especially after the marches?

I'd like to hope it doesn't get through as long as Roe v Wade holds and the Supreme Court continues to affirm it. However, once Trump appoints a new judge up there all bets could well be off.

Piers is taking it well lol - apparantly he was going to ask McGregor if he was so into womens rights why he was prepared to work with and befriend a man who admitted to the rape of a 13 year old girl, I always thought ITV in the morning was trash TV, I'd have tuned in to see that.

Piers Morgan Verified account @piersmorgan

Mr Women's Rights @mcgregor_ewan with his child rapist hero. #Polanski http://dailym.ai/2knqXQV 

C28SpTuWgAACUf6.jpg

37 minutes ago, MattP said:

It is weird. We shouldn't be surprised though, alot of them don't really even have a clue what they are even protesting about.

Just have a listen to a few of them.... lol

Tbf, he has probably selected the thickest of the bunch for the video. Same can be done for any group. 

lol I never used to be able to stand Piers, but he's somewhat grown on my lately. Don't get me wrong, he's still a bit of a penis and the whole phone hacking thing was disgraceful, but he's got a couple of redeeming qualities. He's developing in to a top troll.

He's extended it beyond Twitter to a full article now as well. Blimey.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4152088/PIERS-MORGAN-pedophile-loving-hypocrite-Ewan-McGregor.html

Given the shit he's pulled in the past I'm really not sure Piers passing moral judgement on anyone outside the Kim dynasty, some of the CCP leadership or the murkier depths of the alt-right movement is anything other than hypocrisy of the highest order.

To be fair though it does take a certain amount of testicular fortitude to go on American TV and lecture them about how their gun rights policy is frankly insane.

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Tbf, he has probably selected the thickest of the bunch for the video. Same can be done for any group. 

Absolutely, I'm delighted it's happening to both sides now. 

Ten years ago it was just dickheads from far right groups talking about Muslamics, great to see the balance bring redressed.

2 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

lol I never used to be able to stand Piers, but he's somewhat grown on my lately. Don't get me wrong, he's still a bit of a penis and the whole phone hacking thing was disgraceful, but he's got a couple of redeeming qualities. He's developing in to a top troll.

Exactly the same, he's really grown on me, I think he's going through the political transformation many go through at his age, he doesn't seem to be afraid to take anyone on and when it's the luvvies of California he's doing it to that can only be a good thing.

Guido has just whacked an old video up now of McGregor saying how upset he was Polanski went to prison, like Streep they really should make sure they are without sin before casting the first stone.

The Oscars soon, that's literally going to be a competition to see who can get on stage and give the anti-Trump speech that will grab the headlines the next morning, it will be the biggest show of hypocrisy since Di Caprio flew in on his private jet and gave his global warming speech after picking up his trophy for his starring role in the 50 tonne of carbon footprint dropping film The Revenant.

Speaking of hypocritical 'celebrities', it seems as though Morgan is not the only one to flatly refuse to be on television with other personnel http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/piers-morgan-bans-hugh-grant-cnn-talk-show-calls-actor-tedious-man-article-1.147400

Completely agree about Di Caprio however, he has done so incredible work for the environment but then does countless other things to contradict it. Same goes for Beyonce with feminism. 

2 hours ago, MattP said:

They didn't want him to be in the White House because of the things he said he'd do, so why would they shut up when he starts implementing his threats/promises. If anything, the opposition will shout louder.

Archived