Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Wilfred Ndidi

5 hours ago, Barky said:

An ability to "drive forward" seems to be a bit of a buzz phrase on here because Kante did it and now we miss it. But in reality, how many times did Kante actually do that? When he did, it looked amazing, it was an incredibly aesthetic thing to watch, so I think that's why it's sticks in the memory, but I don't actually recall him doing it that many times. Perhaps a dozen times over the whole season. It helped us create a few goals, but it wasn't what made Kante such an effective player. What made him an effective player was the extra layer of protection he provided the defence through his work rate and sixth sense at getting himself between the opposition player with the ball and where that player wanted the ball to go. Driving forward is great, it looks great, but it's not the main reason why we need to replace Kante.

Watch last seasons review you would be surprised how many times kante passed the ball prior to the assist on counters

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

On to the second game... nailed on some on here would have blamed him for not tracking the runner who scored the Bilbao first goal.

So far I think I'd rather have the winger Bailey.

I watched  the highlights of both games.... the away leg where he two foots the lad in the box to give away a pen :schlupp:

37 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I watched baillys highlights and he looks so good 

That's the player that would bring Genk fans into complete meltdown if he left, similar to this forum perhaps at 4.55pm today!!!

19 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Bring a youngster in and pile our hopes of survival on a guy that has never played in the league.

This works every time doesn't it?

This! 

What the Hell is Ranieri thinking? 

We need experienced PL campaigners to battle for us in a relegation dog fight!.... not some inexperienced 19 year old kid! 

5 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Do you reckon he'll still come?

If he's got any sense then no... 

But money talks and he's probably been offered another crazy contract that he won't get anywhere else? 

Another kapustka,  Kramaric,  Gray,  Amartey type signing.... 

Don't get me wrong he sounds like a good player but we are/will be in a position where we need as close to guarantees that signings will be a success and the only way you can minimise the risk is by signing players who have done it in this league.

Sigurdson falls into that bracket from an attacking mid point of view but as a ball winning centre mid i would probably try and get Mikel on loan from

Chelsea which may then still allow us to sign Ndidi and hopefully slowly intergrate him rather than him being our great big hope.

26 minutes ago, weller54 said:

This! 

What the Hell is Ranieri thinking? 

We need experienced PL campaigners to battle for us in a relegation dog fight!.... not some inexperienced 19 year old kid! 

Just to make you aware we won't be limited to signing just the one player in the forthcoming transfer window. 

We could snap up an inexperienced 24 year old from Caen to play cm but that would never work straight away as he's got no prem experience....... come on lads get real if they're good enough regardless of where they're from they'll make the transition, it's not like he's a 19 year old that's never left his home town, bit like villa taking a chance paying 8m on a 20 odd year old Belgian striker with no prem experience... that worked out pretty well also, he could turn out to be a bargain or he could end up a flop but so could buying prem proven players as we've seen many a time the only difference is we'd probably pay double for the privilege, half the prem proven players Liverpool have signed over the years have flopped same goes for many other teams

10 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

We could snap up an inexperienced 24 year old from Caen to play cm but that would never work straight away as he's got no prem experience....... come on lads get real if they're good enough regardless of where they're from they'll make the transition, it's not like he's a 19 year old that's never left his home town, bit like villa taking a chance paying 8m on a 20 odd year old Belgian striker with no prem experience... that worked out pretty well also, he could turn out to be a bargain or he could end up a flop but so could buying prem proven players as we've seen many a time the only difference is we'd probably pay double for the privilege, half the prem proven players Liverpool have signed over the years have flopped same goes for many other teams

This. Any signing carries a certain amount of risk. We have made relatively unknown signings in the past which have turned out to be a success. But no club gets it right all the time.

Archived