Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Wilfred Ndidi

On 4 December 2016 at 18:58, m4DD0gg said:

We sign him for 10-15m, he is reviewed in training ground where it is realized he isnt quite ready for the prem and him and kaputska live happily ever after in the reserves.

Or we sign him for 10-15 million he plays in the reserves and goes out on loan, returns as part of the u23's squad and is in the match day squad in the next few years - like Harry Kane for Spurs.

And in three years time both of the players you mention are playing regularly for the first team?

You seem to want ultimate perfection instantly or you spit your dummy out in a pessimistic tantrum and then slag off and abuse players like Musa and Vardy and it doesn't really work like that.

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Or we sign him for 10-15 million he plays in the reserves and goes out on loan, returns as part of the u23's squad and is in the match day squad in the next few years - like Harry Kane for Spurs.

And in three years time both of the players you mention are playing regularly for the first team?

You seem to want ultimate perfection instantly or you spit your dummy out in a pessimistic tantrum and then slag off and abuse players like Musa and Vardy and it doesn't really work like that.

Can see a bright future for you in football management.

We are signing quite a lot of good, young talent who are only going to get better. We need to be patient and give players like Amartey and Ndidi a chance. (I can't believe some of the comments about Amartey on here).

In the meantime we need some quality added to the squad especially CB and AM. The defence has creaked of late and we have created little of any note for Vardy and Mahrez to feed off.

6 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

To be honest we should not even be looking at players in january that are not first team ready. We don't have time to bring players on. We only need player for the here and now not in a couple of years.

Just now, sylofox said:

To be honest we should not even be looking at players in january that are not first team ready. We don't have time to bring players on. We only need player for the here and now not in a couple of years.

I disagree entirely.

I see it like this: 

We are a team in transition - by the end of this season we may have a few of our bigger names leave, plus some of our players are ageing and will need replacing.......

We in this window, right now are a big name and draw for players despite our current league position - we are in the CL and are Premiership Champions. This won't be the case this time next year.

This is exactly the time we should spending and recruiting so we don't have the holes we have right now - the U23 team will look after itself, we need to fill it with potential and build to safeguard our future whilst we have draw. Look at Southampton and consider how well they bounce back when they are raped of all their players - there's a reason for that.

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I disagree entirely.

I see it like this: 

We are a team in transition - by the end of this season we may have a few of our bigger names leave, plus some of our players are ageing and will need replacing.......

We in this window, right now are a big name and draw for players despite our current league position - we are in the CL and are Premiership Champions. This won't be the case this time next year.

This is exactly the time we should spending and recruiting so we don't have the holes we have right now - the U23 team will look after itself, we need to fill it with potential and build to safeguard our future whilst we have draw. Look at Southampton and consider how well they bounce back when they are raped of all their players - there's a reason for that.

Yes to a point agree. But young prem quality players won't want to be here if we go down. First things first is staying up not planning for 2 seasons time when we could be div 1.

We need quality ready now players with 6 or 7yrs in them. Not unproven kids with 12yrs.

Staying up comes before anything else.

38 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Yes to a point agree. But young prem quality players won't want to be here if we go down. First things first is staying up not planning for 2 seasons time when we could be div 1.

We need quality ready now players with 6 or 7yrs in them. Not unproven kids with 12yrs.

Not suggesting it shouldn't.

Whilst we all know where we require strengthening that should take priority but if opportunities like Ndidi present themselves its a no brainer - we go get them its not like we are short of cash and don't need to strengthen both at first team and U23 levels.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-transfer-target-wilfred-ndidi-9402868

I do get the feeling he could be a similar player to Amartey. Bags of pace and energy, but perhaps lacks composure and passing ability. Potential will be huge though, as is Amarteys. We are definitely filling the squad with lots of young, pacey and hard working players. We just need to add some quality and experience too, such as Silva etc. As long as we get the balance right, and these types of players continue to develop, then the future does look exciting with players like Gray, Chilwell, Amartey, Musa and this guy maybe.

13 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-transfer-target-wilfred-ndidi-9402868

I do get the feeling he could be a similar player to Amartey. Bags of pace and energy, but perhaps lacks composure and passing ability. Potential will be huge though, as is Amarteys. We are definitely filling the squad with lots of young, pacey and hard working players. We just need to add some quality and experience too, such as Silva etc. As long as we get the balance right, and these types of players continue to develop, then the future does look exciting with players like Gray, Chilwell, Amartey, Musa and this guy maybe.

We need to add players who are very technical to complament our players with pace and power.

On 06/12/2016 at 16:15, Swan Lesta said:

I disagree entirely.

I see it like this: 

Big name and draw for players? I really don't think we are we were one season wonders which most fans agree with.

On 06/12/2016 at 16:24, sylofox said:

It's pretty much impossible to buy on form guaranteed premier league-ready players in January. We couldn't even buy Deeney or Keane in the summer, you can add another £20m onto either to get them in January. A combined £90m-odd for those pair - good business? Not for me.

2 minutes ago, Barky said:

It's pretty much impossible to buy on form guaranteed premier league-ready players in January. We couldn't even buy Deeney or Keane in the summer, you can add another £20m onto either to get them in January. A combined £90m-odd for those pair - good business? Not for me.

Well let's spend 40m on kids that won't be ready for 3yrs.

And all enjoy our relegation party.

Just now, sylofox said:

Well let's spend 40m on kids that won't be ready for 3yrs.

And all enjoy our relegation party.

You've not addressed my point and now you're exaggerating yours to the point that it's getting a bit silly. 

3 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Massive gamble signing this kid for that amount of money, needs to hit the groung running but i feel there is a 75% chance he wont make a difference, we need proven premier league class, not a kid from belgium who i feel is probably just another Almerty

I have said it before and I will say it again...

Kante wasn't proven premier league class...

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

I have said it before and I will say it again...

Kante wasn't proven premier league class...

For every Kante there is a Musa, Almerty, Hernandez, Mendy etc etc. Ranieri has bought exremely poorly. We need someone like morgan schneiderlin or Mikel Obi to make the real difference, proven quality - im not saying Nddi wont be class, im just saying maybe is a gamble we cant afford to take

I don't remember Amartey getting the same amount of hype that Ndidi is getting? Also, Ndidi is a born ball winner. When you watch him his legs are so long you don't get how he sometimes wins the ball. Also, in Amarteys "YouTube highlights" apart from the that long penalty run, he played centre half. Watching Ndidi his tackling is incredible due to his long legs, he's like an octopus.

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

His stamina is 88 on Fifa, only 3 behind N'Golo;) haha.

mendy didn't look very comfortable up and down the pitch yesterday so hope this guy does.. (maybe cause hes been out a while,but doesnt look that fast)

2 minutes ago, les-tah said:

mendy didn't look very comfortable up and down the pitch yesterday so hope this guy does.. (maybe cause hes been out a while,but doesnt look that fast)

He's not a box to box midfielder though? He played at the base in a 3 for nice. Playing in a two means both central midfielders have to both comfortable at attacking and defending. 

1 hour ago, jonny_wright said:

For every Kante there is a Musa, Almerty, Hernandez, Mendy etc etc. Ranieri has bought exremely poorly. We need someone like morgan schneiderlin or Mikel Obi to make the real difference, proven quality - im not saying Nddi wont be class, im just saying maybe is a gamble we cant afford to take

Well; thats one thing we wont be short of for a few years - money

3 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

He's not a box to box midfielder though? He played at the base in a 3 for nice. Playing in a two means both central midfielders have to both comfortable at attacking and defending. 

Dont play him in a 442 then when we need someone to be box to box like kante was.

Archived