Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Wilfred Ndidi

Intriguing to know, considering his age but rave reports on him, whether Ranieri would put him into the match day squad.

He appears to be a 'get stuck in' type of DM that Amartey has been lacking a bit in his own game.

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

IS HE A DEFENDER

Ndidi can play in the centre of defence or as a midfielder in front of the back four and Ranieri believes his versatility could be crucial over the second half of the season.

1 minute ago, RoyFox said:

John Percy is usually quite accurate....http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/11/30/leicester-close-wilfred-ndidi-14m-deal-genk/

Finding a creative midfielder would make perfect sense if we sign Ndidi. Mendy, Ndidi and Amartey are all defensive midfielders. However suggesting another winger? 

To replace Schlupp, i'd imagine.. and also to compensate for Kapi going out on loan...

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Another Amartey, basically.

Anyone thought about signing a midfielder that actually likes having the ball at his feet? That'd be excellent.

Originally playing in the centerback position, he displayed a wide range of passing and shooting than needed for the role. He was redeployed as a defensive midfielder and central midfielder for the rest of the season. During the Belgian playoff game against Club Brugge, Ndidi would go on to score a world class goal. Receiving an attempted-clearance outside the penalty box, he lofted the ball smoothly over an opposing player before unleashing a ferocious volley into the top right corner. The ball was adjudged to be travelling at over 111 km/hr.

4 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Whoscore on twitter say he's got the most tackles and interceptions in the Europa league this season

No good to us then :ph34r: we aren't heading for that competition lol 

*yes i'm aware of the rules.

23 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

I'm happy to bet anyone a decent stake that Ndidi is an upgrade on Amartey. He can actually tackle, would you believe! And pass the ball forwards, wuppy do, it's Xmas!

I'll have 20 quid with you. Pick a charity, i'll go with The British Heart Foundation.

Note that Ndidi is 19. Look at what's happened to Kapustka. Just because he costs a whack doesn't mean he's coming here to impact immediately.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Another Amartey, basically.

Anyone thought about signing a midfielder that actually likes having the ball at his feet? That'd be excellent.

Well that wasn't Kante either. He was all about winning the ball and off-loading it as fast and as accurately as possible, which is his strength. He keeps the game moving.

I realise that's not what you're saying here, but so many people are basically wanting a Kante replacement for our midfield.

Archived