Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Wilfred Ndidi

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think that's being unfair! He is a technically proficient player and a good technician. This season he has had to adapt to the Kante loss and be more of a box-to-box type. Last season he was fabulous as his role was to distribute quickly on the turnover. 

Admittedly though he should calm down on the long passing. Teams are wise to us now so we can't just pump it long. 

He's fine when there is room in behind but when teams sit back at this level he's clueless. When I say 'creative midfielder' I'm thinking of Sigursson,Eriksen,Bojan type player.

19 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

He's fine when there is room in behind but when teams sit back at this level he's clueless. When I say 'creative midfielder' I'm thinking of Sigursson,Eriksen,Bojan type player.

By that notion Xavi wasn't a creative midfielder.

2 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

How many assists did Drinkwater get last season?

7. Still, look at his range of passing and through balls. Just because hes not a tricky Bojan type or a main set piece taker like sigurdsson doesn't make him not a creative midfielder. Swear this place is having a competition to say the most ridiculous thing possible at the moment.

6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

7. Still, look at his range of passing and through balls. Just because hes not a tricky Bojan type or a main set piece taker like sigurdsson doesn't make him not a creative midfielder. Swear this place is having a competition to say the most ridiculous thing possible at the moment.

How come when teams sit back against us we look clueless? I think Drinkwater is an excellent player, but needs a creative player along side him and hopefully Ndidi.

Just now, AmarteyAndChill said:

I thought he was a decent player. I've noticed that he dosent always start for them. He was good two seasons ago. 

Thought he was outstanding against us when he scored in that 1-0 win at our place a couple of years back, regressed badly though.

4 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

How come when teams sit back against us we look clueless? I think Drinkwater is an excellent player, but needs a creative player along side him and hopefully Ndidi.

We didn't look clueless last season through from that defeat to arsenal to West Ham where we won 6 games out of 7, grinding out 1-0 wins like true champions...

so by that statement, kante is a creative midfielder.

10 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

We didn't look clueless last season through from that defeat to arsenal to West Ham where we won 6 games out of 7, grinding out 1-0 wins like true champions...

In many ways he was! He was the one starting the attacks from deep by sprinting upfield 30-40 yards whenever he won the ball back! Chelsea reaping the rewards of that this season.

22 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

We scored a counter attack goal and a Peno against West Ham. Counter attack twice against Sunderland. Wes Morgan header vs Southampton. I don't think we've scored a goal where we've kept the ball in the opposition half and carved out a goal by moving the ball. Apart from palace away.

13 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

We scored a counter attack goal and a Peno against West Ham. Counter attack twice against Sunderland. Wes Morgan header vs Southampton. I don't think we've scored a goal where we've kept the ball in the opposition half and carved out a goal by moving the ball. Apart from palace away.

Norwich home.

Southampton Morgan header was a sustained attack the finally a cross which we scored from. Newcastle we were playing in their half. West Brom were two lovely goals. 

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Don't shoot the messenger if this is wrong lol

But don't expect a quick announcement on this. I have been told the club will not announce this until they have a work permit.

Upto now it has not been granted.

If it's not announced January 1st 9:00 then there will be riots outside the King power.

5 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Don't shoot the messenger if this is wrong lol

But don't expect a quick announcement on this. I have been told the club will not announce this until they have a work permit.

Upto now it has not been granted.

That makes sense, but surely it's only a formality given that he's an Int player and coming from Europe.

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That makes sense, but surely it's only a formality given that he's an Int player and coming from Europe.

It may be but not a formality that is moving fast. As I said don't expect a quick announcement. Could be the end of next week.

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That sounds about right given that we cannot present the papers until After the 1st.January and the powers that be are on Christmas Holidays also. Then again we have another 68 pages to fill.

A few of his medicals should sort out around 60 pages in fairness . . . 

8 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

What you're asking for is a flair player who can sit in front of two centre midfielders. 

If you want to play a CAM we may as well utilise Mahrez in that position and stick Albrighton on the right. His additional work-rate and back tracking would help Simpson.

Archived