Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Wilfred Ndidi

2 minutes ago, Micky said:

Could this lad be our saviour? We are badly in need of quality in central midfield. King and Amartey have battled hard but they are nowhere near the quality that is required.

See above post ^^

We should be in for a midfielder with proven premier league experience.

18 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

See above post ^^

We should be in for a midfielder with proven premier league experience.

Nobody is going to let a proven premier league player go at this time of year. Ndidi is proven in the Europa league, is that sufficient?

27 minutes ago, Micky said:

Nobody is going to let a proven premier league player go at this time of year. Ndidi is proven in the Europa league, is that sufficient?

Nobody?! 

How about Schneiderlin, how we are NOT in for this guy beggers belief.

West bloody Brom apparantly.......West Brom :|

Couple of years ago we went into the premiership with Dean Hammond and GTF as midfield options and then brought in a free transfer shown the door at MIlan with no premier league experience. He turned out to be player of the season and have a big say in us staying up and for many the best midfielder they had sen in a City shirt. When he left after a season the doom scaremongers among us predicted relegation. The guy we brought in to replace him was not 1st,2nd or 3rd choice and even we he got here he was 2nd choice to Inler. Well he turned out ok but needed a little time.

I know some on here now seem to think Ranieri is taking us down and doesn't know what he is doing which seems a slight knee jerk in my humble opinion. So if the club think this guy is ok lets give him the backing and support our players got last season and trust them and for those bemoaning the loss of Walsh Snr remember in Mendy we have the player both he and Pearson wanted to replace Cambiasso. The Foxes never quit also applies to fans and you have got to wonder why some appear to take more joy in our strugles this season than enjoying what was achieved last season.

51 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Couple of years ago we went into the premiership with Dean Hammond and GTF as midfield options and then brought in a free transfer shown the door at MIlan with no premier league experience. He turned out to be player of the season and have a big say in us staying up and for many the best midfielder they had sen in a City shirt. When he left after a season the doom scaremongers among us predicted relegation. The guy we brought in to replace him was not 1st,2nd or 3rd choice and even we he got here he was 2nd choice to Inler. Well he turned out ok but needed a little time.

I know some on here now seem to think Ranieri is taking us down and doesn't know what he is doing which seems a slight knee jerk in my humble opinion. So if the club think this guy is ok lets give him the backing and support our players got last season and trust them and for those bemoaning the loss of Walsh Snr remember in Mendy we have the player both he and Pearson wanted to replace Cambiasso. The Foxes never quit also applies to fans and you have got to wonder why some appear to take more joy in our strugles this season than enjoying what was achieved last season.

The kid is just 19. Her is not going to be the answer to our midfield problems. He has no experience at this level and plays for a struggling club in the Belgian league.

We had Inler and now Mendy who were supposedly mature experienced players in that position. Neither were or are goodenough.

Our recruitment this season has been catastrophic why is that ? It's the same recruitment team that now thinks a young 19 year old inexperienced kid is going to drop straight in the side and save our season.  It's not going to happen.

We don't have " time " I'm afraid. Kante was good after a few games at the start of the season, we are halfway through  and are playing like a relegation doomed side  with a manager who seemingly hasn't got a clue what to do about it.

In our great escape season it really was fine margins that we lost so many games ,  But there was always the chance we could turn it round. Can you honestly see this team doing that ? 

2 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

The kid is just 19. Her is not going to be the answer to our midfield problems. He has no experience at this level and plays for a struggling club in the Belgian league.

We had Inler and now Mendy who were supposedly mature experienced players in that position. Neither were or are goodenough.

Our recruitment this season has been catastrophic why is that ? It's the same recruitment team that now thinks a young 19 year old inexperienced kid is going to drop straight in the side and save our season.  It's not going to happen.

We don't have " time " I'm afraid. Kante was good after a few games at the start of the season, we are halfway through  and are playing like a relegation doomed side  with a manager who seemingly hasn't got a clue what to do about it.

In our great escape season it really was fine margins that we lost so many games ,  But there was always the chance we could turn it round. Can you honestly see this team doing that ? 

So as a 20 year old midfielder he will definitely not be good enough? Nobody can say that.

I predict he is far better than both Amartey and King.

Also, we are not as bad as you think. We are a couple of tweaks from being OK.

13 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Yes actually i can see this team turning it around and bar one player we have a team that was the best in the country last season by some distance and the manager probably deserves a little more credit than you seem to give him.

2 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

It is absurd to write off Mendy, who has played for 55 minutes in the Prem.

i wonder if he and n'didi will line line up together with Drinky in front of them free to pull the strings, and three up front, 

People who seem to be knocking Ranieri's recruitment policy seem to forget Mendy was scouted by Walsh and Pearson also wanted him. If the club rate him then bring him in and yes you cannot expect a 20yr old to turn us overnight into Champion league contenders but with Drinkwater,King,James,Mendy & Amartey all pushing for a starting position we should have enough to sort out the midfield and maybe pushing Fuchs up into midfield on the left might strengthen the left side and give Chilwell the support he needs to push on with his career.

27 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Mendy has played just over 1 half of football in this division. How on earth can you write him off as not good enough after that? 

10 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Mendy has played just over 1 half of football in this division. How on earth can you write him off as not good enough after that? 

He's now fit and yet can't get in the side instead

King or Armarty , that's how on earth I don't think he's goodenough.

Just now, Bunyip said:

He's now fit and yet can't get in the side against King or Armarty , that's how on earth I don't think he's goodenough.

So you would throw someone who's just recovered from a long term injury in at the deep end? He wasn't ready for Man City, the team shouldn't have changed beyond the enforced for Bournemouth. Basically he's not got in against Stoke, or been picked for the first of 4 games in 12 days. Neither has Drinkwater or James - so are they no longer good enough? He'll get his chance, probably this weekend (2 games in 3 days), but until he's had at least a couple of games to bed in anyone writing him off is being ridiculously knee-jerk. There's got to be a reason why Walsh and Pearson wanted him as the replacement for Cambiasso 18 months ago, and why we stayed in for him for a year - maybe give him a chance to get on the pitch to show that before you bin him off.

Did I just read someone comparing the Ndidi signing to Cambiasso?

Cambiasso was the most decorated midfielder in the history of

Argentine football.  There was little doubt he'd handle the Prem.  This kid has had a handful of good games in Belgium.

I'd wager that he has absolutely zero impact this season or the next.

The Cambiasso point refers to the fact he had never played in the premiership and people are calling for a player with plenty of premier league experience and hindsight is a wonderful gift, there were plenty on here and in the media that thought he was coming for one last pay day and his best days were long gone. Lets not forget he had been released from MIlan without the offer of a contract, turned out he was a  class act and consummate professional and the right guy at the right time. Not sure there were that many on here claiming that Kante was an upgrade on him when he came but history says otherwise. If this young man comes in and improves the side all well and good but people do seem to writing him off before he gets here and that applies to the slating of Mendy the guy has been injured and was scouted by the network that everyone thought was the best in the country last season.

The team including the management has got us into a hole but they should be given the chance to get us out of it.

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

And the next game hasn't happened yet. Wait to see if they start Saturday before complaining about them not being dropped off the back of that. (Not that Amartey deserves to be...)

I agree Amartey has got better but King ?  The reality is our midfield has been the reason we are in a relegation position so far this season no if's or buts about it in my opinion. I stand by what I said if Mendy can't get in over King then there is something terribly wrong with our midfield recruitment this season.  And if they have such faith in Mendy why are they shelling out fifteen million on some 20 year old kid to play in midfield ? 

Just now, Bunyip said:

I agree Amartey has got better but King ?  The reality is our midfield has been the reason we are in a relegation position so far this season no if's or buts about it in my opinion. I stand by what I said if Mendy can't get in over King then there is something terribly wrong with our midfield recruitment this season.  And if they have such faith in Mendy why are they shelling out fifteen million on some 20 year old kid to play in midfield ? 

Didn't say King deserved to keep his place, but Mendy has been available for a handful of games, coming off the back of Kings (and indeed the entire teams) best performance of the season. That he's not immediately back in the team says nothing. 

Because we're still light in midfield...

Archived