Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Wilfred Ndidi

"Ndidi was part of the Nigerian youth setup during his time at Nathaniel Boys of Lagos. While playing the African U-17 Championship with Nigeria, he was excluded along with two other players from the competition as a precaution, following an MRI test that showed he was just slightly above the threshold."

lol

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

"Ndidi was part of the Nigerian youth setup during his time at Nathaniel Boys of Lagos. While playing the African U-17 Championship with Nigeria, he was excluded along with two other players from the competition as a precaution, following an MRI test that showed he was just slightly above the threshold."

lol

I assume that means there is some doubt about his age?!?!

2 hours ago, Livid said:

I know we're from the 'rich' Premier League but given what we've seen of the quality of Brugge does  anyone else feel £14 million is an awful lot for a 20 year old from the Belgian First division.

I hope he proves to be an absolute star but I'm not totally confident.

The total flip side is if you were to buy a player of his supposed ability at the age he is from a top tier league you'd probably be paying double

I have a feeling the work permit might take a bit longer than usual. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if it initially gets rejected then overturned on appeal.

The stat about him running 16.8km in one game is mental by the way. Every top team needs a midfield beast. I'd put Kante up there with Keane, Viera, Toure (of 4 years ago) and Gerrard. Crazy to put that expectation on Ndidi, but if he could fulfill that role it will be amazing.

Some bargains to be had in the Belgian league to be fair. 19-20 is a good time for a player with a decent future to move to a better league, and there are one or two gems. 

28 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Where are you getting this from?

From here:
http://saharareporterssport.com/leicester-consider-superb-uel-form-for-ndidis-work-permit/

“His stats in this season’s Europa League are amazing – Do you now he has run this second farthest ever distance in a second match in the competition?

“He covered 16.8 kilometres in the match against Athletic Bilbao, while the record is 16.9 kilometres. And his club Genk are in the Round of 32 of the competition now thanks in part to his contribution,” he further added.

The 20-year-old midfielder is presently ranked by UEFA as the 52nd top player in the competition, ahead of well established stars like the Manchester United trio of Henrikh Mkhitaryan (53rd), Marcos Rojo (72nd) and Antonio Valencia (79th) having played six matches and scored two goals in UEL this season.

For what it's worth, that's over 10 miles covered in 90 minutes. That's hard to do when just going for a run without a football!

2 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Surely if he's playing in the EU already he must have the correct work permit? 

If he was an EU national then he'd be fine, but you'd need to obtain citizenship, otherwise you're no different to someone coming from outside the EU.

17 minutes ago, Koke said:

Genk paid €78,000 for him just two years ago. Solid piece of business by them. 

If he's as good as is being made out (ie. on a par with N'golo) then that figure makes a mockery of pretty much any other transfer, even the £450k we paid for Riyad. 

Archived