Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Francesco Acerbi

Wait for the response from Ranieri next week when we fail to bring anyone in.   'I am happy with the current squad - blah blah blah'

If we fail to recruit over fees (not suggesting we pay silly money), I am sure this has been weighed up against potential relegation and what that would cost.  These numbers would make horrific reading, so something must happen - surely??

15 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Well in your opinion where are we heading now?

I see two options, spend big under Ranieri and his staff, hope the new players work out, or make staff changes and hope we stay up so the new manager can spend in the summer.

If top decide to stick with Ranieri which I believe they will, we simply have to spend more this window. I think you sound as though you don't trust him and his staff enough to do so, which I partly agree with, but is it not a bigger risk to do nothing? 

On 1/20/2017 at 07:09, mozartfox said:

Wait for the response from Ranieri next week when we fail to bring anyone in.   'I am happy with the current squad - blah blah blah'

Well IF we do fail to bring anyone in, what do you want him to say?

" Oh buggrit! We're doomed with these bags of shite!"

even if if that might be the truth, it will hardly instill confidence and motivation!

3 hours ago, MPH said:

Well IF we do fail to bring anyone in, what do you want him to say?

" Oh buggrit! We're doomed with these bags of shite!"

even if if that might be the truth, it will hardly instill confidence and motivation!

That's basically what Moyes is doing at Sunderland.

Even if the club release a statement this morning saying that Claudio has been sacked, or he's walked, with only 9 days of the window left, we still wont be able to get a manager and a few GOOD new signings to make this situation any better. If anything it will make it worse.

I don't think Claudio is the man for the job anymore, but it's a mess we are stuck in now, at least until March, let him see the window out with any signings he may make, then see if Ranieri's signings actually get us some wins, or if he even makes any.

14 minutes ago, gcxttle said:

Apparently we've had another bid of €15M this time. Apparently the player is keen. See how I use the word 'apparently,' I trust nobody anymore.

Seen you put in other ITK sort of stuff in the Gaston Ramirez thread?  where you getting your info from????

23 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Is he actually any good? 

Never heard of him

I've tried to watch all the clips I can on him, and done a bit of research, as I'd never heard of him either! I personally think he looks decent. I just have concerns that we seem to be getting done by pace atm, and he doesn't seem to have that in abundance. Also, the Italian league style of play so very different from the Prem defensively. Bit of a gamble.

Archived