Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Francesco Acerbi

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

28 is a great age for a CB.

I suppose you would allow for shit loads of errors and a steep learning curve if we went for a younger inexperienced player?

You've missed the point completly whilst boarding the bandwagon,well done.My point was hes 28 still plays for a mediocre club,why is that at 28.? WIl he be another Benaloune? I would like a player who is better than what we have now,not a back up or future star,at 28 as mentioned he should be ready as a starter now.

7 minutes ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

I find this attitude small minded and wreaks of snobbery.

vardy from fleetwood?

matty Elliot from oxford?

Two of our most successful periods in history and yet we had players from lower league teams who excelled when better players were around them.

Im not saying he will be a world beater but suggesting we don't sign him because he plays for a 'small' team is a bit daft.

plus it's Serie A not the frigging Vauxhall conference. ? 

Mahrez? Kante? Morgan? 

All came from small lesser nothing clubs.....

All aboard the bandwagon,**** me do i have to explain everything, Kante and Mahrez were not 28 Morgan we bought whilst in the ****in championship,he was outstanding last season like everyone else,this season however? For the umpteenth time we need better than what we have now,im not sure this guy is and i would not like another Benaloune Inler type signing.

3 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

You've missed the point completly whilst boarding the bandwagon,well done.My point was hes 28 still plays for a mediocre club,why is that at 28.? WIl he be another Benaloune? I would like a player who is better than what we have now,not a back up or future star,at 28 as mentioned he should be ready as a starter now.

Interestingly ' proven ' players haven't actually faired that well here in recent years. It seems to be the unknowns or players with a point to prove that have fitted in well here. I would like to see some players come in who can hit the ground running, i.e players who are playing in the PL currently and won't need time to adapt. However, there's two obstacles. Firstly, players from the same league you're in who are in demand from clubs we'd be able to purchase them from would command a huge fee. Players like Michael Keane would be silly money, and we do still have financial criteria to meet. Secondly, players that often are available from bigger clubs that the players are surplus to their requirements aren't necessarily going to come here and immediately improve us. My 2nd point is with the above in mind, January is a horrible transfer window to operate in. It's very difficult to convince clubs to part with players and you only have a month to get it done, there's so much panic in the final few days that rational decisions go out of the window.

10 minutes ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

I find this attitude small minded and wreaks of snobbery.

vardy from fleetwood?

matty Elliot from oxford?

Two of our most successful periods in history and yet we had players from lower league teams who excelled when better players were around them.

Im not saying he will be a world beater but suggesting we don't sign him because he plays for a 'small' team is a bit daft.

plus it's Serie A not the frigging Vauxhall conference. ? 

Mahrez? Kante? Morgan? 

All came from small lesser nothing clubs.....

I love your inclusion of Morgan there, made me chuckle 

5 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

So what you are saying is that this lad absolutely cannot be a quality player because he's 28 and plays for a club that qualified for the Europa league?

I will politely decline to take your opinion over that of the scouts and the statistics that show him to be a very good player.

Jesus, it's like players cannot be quality additions if they don't already play for the big clubs or are under the age of 25, ridiculous.

Fonte is 33, he plays for a team who have achieved the same as Sassuolo, is he shit as well?

5 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

All aboard the bandwagon,**** me do i have to explain everything, Kante and Mahrez were not 28 Morgan we bought whilst in the ****in championship,he was outstanding last season like everyone else,this season however? For the umpteenth time we need better than what we have now,im not sure this guy is and i would not like another Benaloune Inler type signing.

You might be right but you're basing your opinions on absolutely nothing. Hard to take them seriously. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Interestingly ' proven ' players haven't actually faired that well here in recent years. It seems to be the unknowns or players with a point to prove that have fitted in well here. I would like to see some players come in who can hit the ground running, i.e players who are playing in the PL currently and won't need time to adapt. However, there's two obstacles. Firstly, players from the same league you're in who are in demand from clubs we'd be able to purchase them from would command a huge fee. Players like Michael Keane would be silly money, and we do still have financial criteria to meet. Secondly, players that often are available from bigger clubs that the players are surplus to their requirements aren't necessarily going to come here and immediately improve us. My 2nd point is with the above in mind, January is a horrible transfer window to operate in. It's very difficult to convince clubs to part with players and you only have a month to get it done, there's so much panic in the final few days that rational decisions go out of the window.

Ah a sensible argument? I agree with January being shit,This should have all been sorted in the summer,kind of why im annoyed about it now,as we have missed the boat on who will sign for us now,i just fear this guy is another Benaloune ,Hernandez Inler type who will fail to adapt and then not be used,the people sayimg get him in are the same ones who will write him off quickly,see Slimani And Musa for details.

11 hours ago, dbtcity said:

I've got a feeling we'll string a couple of decent results together and won't see anyone else come in

The results part of that is great, but I'd be so disappointed if we didn't bring anyone in. I said to me my mate at the Swansea game that I hope Amartey having a good game doesn't mean we don't bring another midfielder in. Now I don't know for certain whether Amartey having a good game that day meant that we didn't sign a midfielder, but we certainly needed to. 

Buying players in from lower leagues or even god forbid nowadays Scotland used to be common many years ago, it's all changed now, nobody wants to give players a chance anymore, same as how difficult it is for youth players to break into the first team, nowadays it's generally seen as a lack of ambition and met with derision when a lower league player comes in, the times and expectations have changed.

21 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

It was a free transfer and we hadnt just won the league,nothing to do with this signing.

and............................................? I think you will find if you research it, that Fuchs was good enough to play in a team that won the Premier League.

Just now, elvisfmcfly said:

All aboard the bandwagon,**** me do i have to explain everything, Mahrez and Kante were not 28 Motgan we bought whilst in the ****in championship,he was outstanding last season like everyone else,this season however? For the umpteenth time we need better than what we have now,im not sure this guy is and i would not like another Benaloune Inler type signing.

I'm not on no band wagon, bless you.

just stating you're talking bollox.

Matty Elliot? You didn't mention him for a reason.

That reason being he was in his mid to late twenties when we signed him from a third tier team and he was fooking brilliant for us.

I don't know if you're one of these FM playing experts but I've always let the scouts and recruitment team do the hiring and firing and if they genuinely believe he can do a job for us then i will trust them over posters on a forum.

Not only do you seem to want proven premier league quality but also they have to be at a successful team?

we wouldn't have our team or last years winners medals if we hadn't signed from smaller teams and that is why you're talking bollox

7 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

So what you are saying is that this lad absolutely cannot be a quality player because he's 28 and plays for a club that qualified for the Europa league?

I will politely decline to take your opinion over that of the scouts and the statistics that show him to be a very good player.

Jesus, it's like players cannot be quality additions if they don't already play for the big clubs or are under the age of 25, ridiculous.

Fonte is 33, he plays for a team who have achieved the same as Sassuolo, is he shit as well?

Nah im saying he could be another flop from Italy,2 for 2 on that front.You are obviously not reading my posts,as for Fonte he is Premier league proven so no hes not shit.And i can see your next post coming so i ll answer to that aswell,Hernandez played for a decent team in Spain hes not had a chance at Cb and some of our fans are calling him shit,Whats the difference between him and this guy.?

5 minutes ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

I'm not on no band wagon, bless you.

just stating you're talking bollox.

Matty Elliot? You didn't mention him for a reason.

That reason being he was in his mid to late twenties when we signed him from a third tier team and he was fooking brilliant for us.

I don't know if you're one of these FM playing experts but I've always let the scouts and recruitment team do the hiring and firing and if they genuinely believe he can do a job for us then i will trust them over posters on a forum.

Not only do you seem to want proven premier league quality but also they have to be at a successful team?

we wouldn't have our team or last years winners medals if we hadn't signed from smaller teams and that is why you're talking bollox

He was English we hadnt just won the premier league we didnt have a lot to spend back then and we took a punt and picked up a gem,our signings should be of a different kind now and you know it.we took a chance on Benny and Hernandez,I want the next signing to be for the starting 11 not the bench.

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Erm, he's a completely different human being, who just might be a bit different in his ability to play football?

Yes might? And to be fair to Hernadez hes not had a chance at Cb to prove himself I dont want a repeat of that.

Eager to sign some defensive reinforcements this month, Tony Pulis has registered his interest in Sassuolo’s Francesco Acerbi, according to Gazza Mercato.

West Brom’s defence is pretty resolute, but it doesn’t have much longevity when you consider both Gareth McAuley, 37, and first reserve Jonas Olsson, 33, are out of contract at the end of the season which would leave Pulis very short-handed at the centre of defence.

Looking to bring in cover ahead of time, the Baggies have joined the race to sign Francesco Acerbi from Serie A side Sassuolo this month. Sunderland are also credited with an interest in the 28-year-old.

Claudio Villa/Getty Images Sport

As reported by the Daily Mail, Leicester were interested in making a move for the twice-capped Italian international and after seeing an opening €10m bid rejected by Sassuolo, Leicester will be going in with a second offer, say Calciomercato.

Acerbi has started the last 60 games in succession for Sassuolo which is a remarkable testament to his ability to stay fit and keep in shape.

Pulis was promised a large transfer kitty in January so it will be interesting to see how deep he will dig into his pockets to strengthen his squad.

We don't know, maybe Amartey could be the more mobile/younger centre back we need. I do have reservations about that though because surely if that was the case he would have played there vs Everton at home instead of Wasyl with Drinky or Mendy going into midfield. I just hope we get someone decent in. 

2 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

He was English we hadnt just won the premier league we didnt have a lot to spend back then and we took a punt and picked up a gem,our signings should be of a different kind now and you know it.we took a chance on Benny and Hernandez,I want the next signing to be for the starting 11 not the bench.

Ok mate fair enough. I just think we need to consider the fact that although we're champions we still can't compete with the United and chelseas of this world.

i do agree that we need to sign players that can hit the ground running, but how can this ever be a certainty? There's always going to be an element of risk?

Musa was a first team signing, still bedding in, same goes for Mendy.

Hopefully Ndidi will be different but I can't think of many signings over the past few years, that have gone straight into the first team.

We all want better players, every fan of every team know their teams can be improved, but striking the balance of the books is the snag.

There is absolutely no way that Michael Keane is worth 25 million but that's what we'd have to pay, it's ok for us to say just pay it.

But it's not our money we're risking is it?

39 minutes ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

Ok mate fair enough. I just think we need to consider the fact that although we're champions we still can't compete with the United and chelseas of this world.

i do agree that we need to sign players that can hit the ground running, but how can this ever be a certainty? There's always going to be an element of risk?

Musa was a first team signing, still bedding in, same goes for Mendy.

Hopefully Ndidi will be different but I can't think of many signings over the past few years, that have gone straight into the first team.

We all want better players, every fan of every team know their teams can be improved, but striking the balance of the books is the snag.

There is absolutely no way that Michael Keane is worth 25 million but that's what we'd have to pay, it's ok for us to say just pay it.

But it's not our money we're risking is it?

We have a lot of money come in from the league win and reaching the champions league knock out,I dont expect us to compete with the top 6 right now but anyone else is fair game,We have splashed out on forwards its time to do the same with the defence cause we need a new Rb also.If we do buy this guy i expect hes given more of a chance in the team than Benaloune amd Hernandez by the manager and not written off as shit by the fans after 5 games like slimani musa and Hernandez.

41 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

if we had decided to up our bids last season instead of standing firm we could have dragovic and bailly now who have both gone to huge clubs and look like become top quality players :(

You're assuming they would have agreed to come here.

Archived