Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Francesco Acerbi

5 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Amartey is not a central defender so please can we stop saying it.

Erm...........  Until he signed for he pretty much was?  That was the whole point of some people on here worrying about him being a midfielder? X

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Not stopped Wes Morgan... and the lad is 22!

I can't really argue with that. Last season Wes was rock solid week in week out but this season he seems to make mistakes every couple of games. 

Don't wanna go on about Morgan to much as the thread isn't even about him but is it me or does he look unfit? The Everton game at home especially highlighted this for me

2 hours ago, limeydale said:

Morgan needs 6 months convalescence, he ain't the Energizer bunny.

This is the thing he has played a lot of football. Fair play to Wes as surely he must play sometimes when he is not 100% as it's impossible to play as much as he does otherwise. We need cover and quick

3 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

This is the thing he has played a lot of football. Fair play to Wes as surely he must play sometimes when he is not 100% as it's impossible to play as much as he does otherwise. We need cover and quick

Rather than cover I'd like us to sign a player who will be first choice and actually improve the side.

10 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Rather than cover I'd like us to sign a player who will be first choice and actually improve the side.

You're right, I didn't mean cover in that sense. We need quality ready to go into the 1st 11. Still think Nastacic is that man. Yes, he's had injury problems but he's still managed 20 games this season already. 23 knows the prem already and our backroom staff is very, very good in terms of keeping players fit and limiting the time out with injuries. He won't come cheap but it's not like we don't have the money especially after last season's performance and getting last 16 of champions league and got 12.5m for Schlupp. 

Sevilla just beat Real and are 2nd in the league ahead of Barca and Athletico. If anything happens to Wes/Huth or God forbid both and we had to play Was against them they will completely destroy us. Ditto most teams in the prem. That's not me having a go at Was but he's almost 37. Amartey may be the answer and may be good cover but we just don't know that yet and anyway even if Amartey is played as a CB or is cover we still need another this window. 

11 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Sure he does. My concern is that we are over half-way through the transfer window. If it goes to the last minute it could go the way of a panic buy.  

We will pay over the odds no doubt for some half wit who will be even slower than Morgan and Huth :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

We will pay over the odds no doubt for some half wit who will be even slower than Morgan and Huth :rolleyes:

Probably. Benny or Inler mark 2. I hope not but our transfer business has been proven to be poor. It's strange because the Don has a pretty good history of buying good players but so far for us we have had far too many flops. Some will turn out good but Benny, Inler, Hernandez and Kaputska have not worked out. You could argue that they haven't been given a chance but then why buy them in the 1st place? We don't need squad fillers we need quality.

17 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Probably. Benny or Inler mark 2. I hope not but our transfer business has been proven to be poor. It's strange because the Don has a pretty good history of buying good players but so far for us we have had far too many flops. Some will turn out good but Benny, Inler, Hernandez and Kaputska have not worked out. You could argue that they haven't been given a chance but then why buy them in the 1st place? We don't need squad fillers we need quality.

I absolutely love Ranieri I genuinely do but like you say he seems very hit and miss re transfers at present  

8 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I absolutely love Ranieri I genuinely do but like you say he seems very hit and miss re transfers at present  

Me too I just wish we would stop fecking around. Everyone deserved a chance after last year to defend their title. It would have been difficult for Ranieri to make signings in the summer that would have started the season in front of those that finished last season. If we had lost a couple of games he would have been slaughtered. That's not the case now. It's open season as far as results have gone and nobody should be safe in the starting 11.

We have the money. Players like Sigurdsson and Nastasic are available, let's go and get them. 2 quality players that are very low risk. If he really rates Acerbi as well then for the prices being quoted let's stop messing about and sign the lot of them. If he likes Brady and that Cafu as reports seems to suggest then sign them too. We are the prem champions.  

I understand the frustration but it's hard to find the quality needed without having your pocket picked. The other problem is Morgan is captain, and not easy to shift from the team. So were likely stuck with him until the Summer at least. Personally I'd like to see Kasper made Captain. He shows the right leadership qualities to drive the players on. Back to the Morgan and Huth, That means Huth is the one likely to give way to a new recruit. Now if it was just the league to contend with I'd say wait until the Summer. But we also have The Champions cup and unless we strengthen we'll come unstuck just like Saturday. For that reason we need to add real quality and now, Both in the CB positions and the midfield. Those type of players can turn Matches in an instant. 

The other option is to keep trying to unearth more up and coming talent but that takes time to bed them in and fit them into the team. Time we don't have. Seville will destroy us never mind Barca if we don't add the quality. The returns are big from the Ch cup which will go a long way to financing the necessary quality. Even if it means spending more now and less next season. similar to the way Spurs have improved the Their Team. Signing real quality settling them in and add some more.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/leicester-city-new-offer-for-acerbi-sassuolo-declines

Francesco Acerbi, Italian center back currently playing for Sassuolo, is a strong target for Claudio Ranieri and his Leicester. The Premier League champions have made a new offer: 12 million Pounds (13.5 million Euro), but once again, Sassuolo declines.

Unfortunately for Leicester, not even a phone call from Claudio Ranieri has been able to convince Acerbi, as the Italian has a solid relationship with both club and coach. For the time being, his intention is to stay with Sassuolo.

Archived