Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bigDfox33

Any old players or famous faces use these forums?

I personally know Bobby Roberts, lives a couple of minutes away and I go around his house to fix his son's computers now and then, maybe I'll ask if he's interested in joining the forum, think I know what his reaction would be though! lol

2 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Pretty obvious that lazy journalists just follow message boards and repeat.

You've called it big time and I've often thought this too.

I'm sure many a journalist has come onto this forum/ the Oakcake when covering Stoke v Leicester to name one of many examples.

I'm sure I remember Kingy saying he didn't go on social media but some of the lads had told him about the Many Faces thread. And I remember there was an account that only ever posted to defend George Taft if he was mentioned. It was pretty obviously him lol

I can imagine Schmeichel or Morgan, or any senior player, saying 'Don't go snooping around message boards. They'll ruin your confidence, and make you hate the fans', but when you're sat at home on your computer, and you know there's a thread about you a handful of clicks away, it must be hard not to. 

I think that footballers appreciate the atmosphere, but the vast majority of them have a sceptical view of fans. I think they view giving props to the fans as part and parcel of what they've signed up for, like the odd charity visit to a children's ward. Unless they've scored, obviously, in which case they're happy to enjoy the adulation.

I remember saying hello to Leon Crnic on facebook and saying i thought it was great to have someone from Slovakia playing for the club.

He said " thanks, but im from Slovenia"

Bit embarrassing that was...

I used to use a golf forum 606 golf and we had McIlroy and Westwood on there regular until their management found out'

Nobody believed it was Westy until he started saying what colour shirt he would be wearing next day.Even got him to do a press up on the 18th green in Dubai

Shame as they were very good contributions

21 minutes ago, MPH said:

I remember saying hello to Leon Crnic on facebook and saying i thought it was great to have someone from Slovakia playing for the club.

He said " thanks, but im from Slovenia"

Bit embarrassing that was...

lol

Archived