Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Formula 1 2017

it was never really in doubt that Lewis was going to win a perfect weekend for him starting on pole, getting the fastest lap and winning the race in front of his home crowd, with Bottas behind him and Vettel having problems

On 16/07/2017 at 21:01, isaidno said:

How long before Kvyat gets the sack ?

I was just thinking this myself, I wouldn't be surprised if both of them were allowed to leave at the end of the season. Sainz hasn't been as good this year either - although you're right in that Kvyat has just fallen off a cliff in comparison. Toro Rosso used to give drivers averagely like 2-3 seasons and i wouldn't be surprised if they get two new lads next year. Sainz might have a chance to go elsewhere I guess - but with the problems we've seen at Force India between Perez and Ocon as well as the Toro Rosso team-mates i can imagine team owners wanting more Bottas-esque characters who don't cause issues due to ego. I lost a lot of respect for Perez in particular at Canada this year when he ruined his team-mates race to the podium - he'd taken a while to get it back in the first place after his time at McLaren.

43 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Probably not, you don't see many penalties for blocking anymore. Why, do you think so? I presume you'd have of the opinion then if Grosjean deliberately drove into Vettel he'd have got a race ban?

aye he probably would have 

22 minutes ago, isaidno said:

sounds like the halo is being introduced next season, even though 9/10 teams voted against it. 

it's ridiculous, the only thing it'll stop is a tyre. 

24 minutes ago, isaidno said:

It wouldn't have saved Bianchi or stopped the spring hitting Massa. 

Only thing that would have saved Bianchi would have been not having a vehicle on the side of the track whilst the cars where at racing speed, and generally don't and they didn't usually before, and they introduced the vitual safety car. The halo is a shite solution to a problem that wasn't a problem.

On 7/24/2017 at 19:27, isaidno said:

Kubica testing the current Renault in Hungary. If he proves his fitness I think he'll get the drive next season, or even for the last few races. 

They should put him in the car from Spa onwards because Palmer is simply not good enough.

3 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Hamilton bottled it, shoutout to big Paul Di Resta lol , Stroll & Di Resta might be one of the worst line ups I've seen.

Harsh on Di Resta, he's a solid driver just not very spectacular. He's doesn't push the car to the limits, but that's probably what make him perfect for this and he'll just step in a do an average job.

I hate when people turn anything and everything into Lewis Hamilton but lets just do something here

For all the injustified hate he gets, what he just did at the end was very good of him. Not expecting it to change opinions of him (i've already seen someone complain that they used Bottas YET AGAIN to favour Hamilton this race lol). But turn this onto Sebastian 'Multi 21' Vettel, who bizarrely never gets the whole "team player?" accusation thrown about, never in a million years would he give that place back at the last corner. Them 3 points Hamilton has just given away could very easily be the difference between 1st and 2nd in the title race. There seems to be a lot more respect between him and Bottas than between him and Rosberg. When Bottas deliberately brings out the yellow flags by orchestrating the most amateur crash at the end of Q3 at a street track when he has provisional pole, that may change.

Ferrari's team orders. Although overtaking looked near impossible between any cars that are even slightly closely matched, they jeopardized their chances of a race win. Could you ever imagine a situation where Raikkonen is leading (thats the first situation) but two, where Raikkonen has the faulty car and Ferrari aren't ordering Raikkonen to let Vettel through? No wonder Vettel will only stay if they sign Raikkonen up for another year. What a perfect number 2 that Vettel can use for his own advantage. Not a surprise he's too weak for a strong teammate, who remembers what happened the last time Vettel had a credible teammate? If Ferrari had a driver in Raikkonen's place to the same sort of level as Bottas, they might even stand a chance in the Constructors, not that the extra money they get from finishing 1st instead of 2nd makes a difference to a team that is awarded 100m every season for nothing. With their size, facilities, history and so on, it's quite embarrasing that they don't have the best car every season. So in relation to the team player thing, Vettel only wants Raikkonen who is past it to suit himself at the cost of team points etc. Team player?

Mercedes I thought by letting Hamilton through had taken a leaf out of Ferrari's book of applying team orders until they shot themselves in the foot by giving Hamilton 5 laps (with about 18 remaining) to pass Raikkonen. The whole "let the 2nd car through for a number of laps before switching positions back if he can't overtake" seems to be a thing lately which I think is shit. I'm not at all arsed that Hamilton was the 'victim' of it today, team orders is a bit crap in general but to action it twice. But for Mercedes to give him 5 laps to pass before switching back, what idiot thought that up? The Ferrari's were clearly struggling, with 12 laps remaining you're wanting Hamilton to drop back 5 seconds behind Bottas to give Ferrari an easy ride? Then with Verstappen closing at the end, at one point there was 0.5 between Bottas and Verstappen. How are you supposed to drop a car into that? Mercedes got away with that today and luckily for Hamilton they did, as if he'd kept 3rd place, the general view will have been that Hamilton is driving for himself.

• 3 weeks later...