Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Formula 1 2017

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Squeaky bum time for Stroll, what a Grand Prix.

First time in a long time I've been that nervous at the end of a race. I was standing for the last few laps lol

Can't be mad about losing out on 2nd.

Great job Stroller! 

15 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Yes, a beautifully engineered result by Charlie Whiting.

Yeah Charlie Whiting was clearly spotted in the Hamilton's headrest with a screwdriver before the race #justiceforhamilton

Yeah Charlie Whiting was clearly spotted in the Hamilton's headrest with a screwdriver before the race #justiceforhamilton

I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to the use of safety cars instead of virtual safety cars (particularly the first one) and the slightly suspicious timing of announcing Vettel's stop/go penalty the lap after Hamilton had to pit to refit his headrest. It was exciting, but it felt a bit manipulated. Like WWE on wheels.

Vettel is such a twat lol Wouldn't even acknowledge that he rammed into the side of Hamilton's car. I mean whoevers fault all this shit was, he definitely drove into Hamilton's car, but just completely swerved the question. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to the use of safety cars instead of virtual safety cars (particularly the first one) and the slightly suspicious timing of announcing Vettel's stop/go penalty the lap after Hamilton had to pit to refit his headrest. It was exciting, but it felt a bit manipulated. Like WWE on wheels.

Ok fair enough point, I guess the timing felt too perfect for the 10 sec penalty drama wise.

Edited by Nalis

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Vettel is such a twat lol Wouldn't even acknowledge that he rammed into the side of Hamilton's car. I mean whoevers fault all this shit was, he definitely drove into Hamilton's car, but just completely swerved the question. 

Can and cant believe it given the massive ego of the two.

The more you watch it the more ridiculous the incident looks. I'm no Hamilton fan but he has every right to feel fvcked off at Vettel.

14 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I'm quite surprised Lewis didn't get a penalty, was ridiculous from Seb lol that's like 2011 vettel that 

Hamilton didn't do anything wrong. He didn't brake test him, he just didn't accelerate out of the corner. He's the leader under the safety car, he sets the pace, Vettel should have been paying attention. I don't see what Hamilton gains from brake checking Vettel just potential damage to his own car. Anyway even if you argue Hamilton did do something wrong, it's certainly questionable, what isn't questionable is Vettel ramming Hamilton, that was deliberate, without a shadow of doubt. 10 seconds isn't enough for something so clear.

Vettel needs to keep his nose clean is Austria now anyway, he's got 9 points on his licence and one more indiscretion and he gets a race ban.

Edited by Facecloth

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

it does look like he brakes checks him, but even if he did i'd say Vettel definitely deserved a more severe penalty in comparison. I think a 10 second stop go was fair imo or at least consistent with how the FIA deals with these type of matters, 

Hmmm how often does a driver deliberately drive into another driver? I mean drivers get 10 seconds stop go penalties for hitting drivers during the race to try and push for position, but to actually pull up beside one and purposely turn the wheel into the other car doesn't really happening often and is certainly worse than getting close during racing.

11 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Hmmm how often does a driver deliberately drive into another driver? I mean drivers get 10 seconds stop go penalties for hitting drivers during the race to try and push for position, but to actually pull up beside one and purposely turn the wheel into the other car doesn't really happening often and is certainly worse than getting close during racing.

I remember when Hamilton & Pastor took deliberate swipes at each other in qualiy once, Pastor got a small grid penalty while Lewis just got reprimanded. They always seem to be lenient with things like this, oddly. I think the fact it was during the safety car when both were at slower speeds definitely helped Vettel as well, if he went for him at 120 mph then it might've been different

Edited by The Horse's Mouth

Within the rules, which I have checked, this goes down as dangerous driving under safety car conditions.  According to the rules no more than a 10 second penalty can be given for such an event.

Vettel is, and always will be, an idiot.  I don't care for him much.

The FIA have applied the rules although had it been the other way round, I still think Hamilton would have come out of it far, far worse. Somehow.  Ferrari International Aid in full swing - Vettel still comes out of it with a further 2 point lead.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Within the rules, which I have checked, this goes down as dangerous driving under safety car conditions.  According to the rules no more than a 10 second penalty can be given for such an event.

Vettel is, and always will be, an idiot.  I don't care for him much.

The FIA have applied the rules although had it been the other way round, I still think Hamilton would have come out of it far, far worse. Somehow.  Ferrari International Aid in full swing - Vettel still comes out of it with a further 2 point lead.

I agree the rules don't seem suitable for this sort of situation 

also i Have seen online people tweeting sky sports f1 suggesting that vettel should have been sanctioned for overtaking under the safety car as after hitting Lewis he goes ahead of him 

This track is amazing, last year was dreadful but the track invites drama, the slipstream effect is huge on the pit straight, not many places to overtake of course but there's so many different characteristics to it. The F2 race on Saturday was brilliant

The Vettel thing though, ****ing hell. What sort of message does that send out, the punishment he was given is equal to that that some drivers have received in recent years for innocently causing a collision. And that total bollocks I read here about that being the only penalty/most severe penalty they could have given him because it was under safety car conditions.. lol wat, so deliberately hitting another car under the safety car isn't as bad as doing so in other racing conditions!?

As pointed out, very convenient for them to take what must have been atleast 30mins to come to the conclusion that infact the red car did accelerate abruptly, and then steer right into another car that was driving straight on. I don't know about anyone else but the first replay I saw led me to that conclusion straight away. But obviously an instant announcement on his penalty would have seen him go from 2nd to near enough last. I was sat watching it expecting it to be one of those "investigated after the race, oh yeah he did a bad thing, +10 seconds for him, demoting him from 2nd place to.. 2nd place" That will teach him.

One thing I haven't seen asked is why Vettel felt the need to be driving so close to Hamilton around that left hand corner. The bias but logic in me suggests that he wanted to hang on to Hamilton closer on this restart after so nearly being mugged by Perez the previous time (oh how he bottled it at T1, btw). But he was never going to go that early.. the time they touched you could see the safety car going down to turn 16, if they were ready to go flat out again they'd be flying past the safety car before it returned to the pit lane lol The cars behind these two weren't all huddled together either. So maybe he was the one driving unnecessarily. There must be a genuine concern with the rule makers.. he must have knew that he steered his car into another for absolutely no reason at all.. if it took him the until after the race to understand what his penalty was for then he must think its acceptable to drive into another car?

Anyway atleast Mercedes seem to be pulling clear of Ferrari now pace-wise, hopefully Vettel's main focus will be bumping tyres with a Red Bull instead.

Really really happy for Stroll, was hoping for Ricciardo's car to brake (before I realised it was only Verstappen's that breaks) so he could win. I saw the Bottas slipstream to the line coming before the comms did

38 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Really really happy for Stroll, was hoping for Ricciardo's car to brake (before I realised it was only Verstappen's that breaks) so he could win. I saw the Bottas slipstream to the line coming before the comms did

I saw it coming too. That's why I was pulling so hard for Stroll to stay in 2nd until the last lap. 

Love the Baku circuit.

I actually popped in F1 2016 for the first time in awhile and did a bunch of laps there. Fun track when you get it right.

Finally got round to watching the race.

If I'd been stewarding, I would have been pushing for Vettel to be black flagged. You can't just drive into somebody. Similar thing happened with Rossi and Marquez in Moto Gp . Rossi got disqualified and had to start the next race from the back. That would have been a fitting punishment.

Glad that Ricciardo won. He's been the most consistent driver of the last few seasons. 

I've been heavily critical of Stroll this season, and he's upped his game over the last races , brilliant drive on Sunday . Palmer and Ericsson need to do the same.