Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Meltdown Level?

Has the all clear been sounded yet? Stayed off here last night. Wondered was the FoxesTalk Meltdown level was at?

With a heavy heart, I feel that today must be they day that he goes.

Blind faith in the same players who have been failing week in week out OR lack of options in replacements due to poor recruitment/cover?

6 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Has the all clear been sounded yet? Stayed off here last night. Wondered was the FoxesTalk Meltdown level was at?

Blind faith in the same players who have been failing week in week out OR lack of options in replacements due to poor recruitment/cover?

DEFCON 2.

4 minutes ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

Probably the first time since Holloway drowned us down to League 1 where a meltdown is quite justified. We've never had so much to lose before in our entire history. Got to be the end of Claudio unfortunately. 

Agreed.

There are not many managers who could survive the run of form we've been on, even allowing for past glories.

Five straight defeats, no goals and what - 2 wins in 16 or something like that. Klopp, Pep and Jose would all be under massive pressure on that form...

I still can't see them pulling the trigger.

Ranieri's comments about 'being too loyal to players' was more for the owners and fans. I hope he can now back that up with a realistic team selection against oh no, haha Millwall before the Seville game.

What a ridiculous situation the club have produced.

Whilst I agree with you that he should be fired, but my agreement would come under "normal circumstances"

We just don't have the "normal circumstances"

He won the league and I still believe the owners will honour that by giving him until the end of the season, regardless. 

I think he needs to think, if I was sacked tomorrow, what would a new manager come in and do that would salvage this pathetic situation? and then do that.

Yes there are some wild knee jerk reactions from posters on here, but 99% of them carry far more credibility than what Ranieri is doing now. 

One thing I would like to ask, have we missed the window of opportunity to sack him? and when would that window realistically close? 

I can't see much point in sacking him without an obvious and very bright replacement being lined up.  I am not convinced that our prospects of avoiding relegation are that much improved by ditching him.  To be fair, though, I would expect those working at the club to have a far better idea of what has gone wrong and what impact sacking CR might have.

He'll stay until the end of the season, IMO, and his future will be determined by whether we go down or not.

38 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

You stay off the forum the previous night due to the "melt down" only to start another Ranieri out thread in the morning! 

You have to admire CR in that he is not using the dire lack of recruitment as an excuse. Why oh why sign a loanee that is unfit?   Please can somebody give an explanation for this other than desperation?

Top must be pisssed at the way things are being done and seeing us perform like that.

After spending £70 million on new recruits and probably handing out an increase in contracted wages worth £100million over the course of the whole contract... I can understand why he would be pissed. What's supposing is how he has allowed the club to reach this level without taking so.e strong actions. Bringing in an assistant who can tell him exactly what's going on inside as right now Ranieri looks like he's backing the players and the players are rewarding his faith in them with shitt

£30 million spent on slim alone and he can't score an open goal and blames others.  At first I thought it was a good sign he was willing to tell the senior players they were making mistakes but he's probably contributed to the toxic atmosphere in the dressing room.

Top should start sacking people

He ain't going unless he walks. Our owner like most Thai's is an honourable man. No way would he release that statement last week and sack him this week.

If Vichai intended to sack him after losing to Swansea he would never have backed CR last week. CR is not on the thin ice people think. Well not with our owner anyway.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Haha if only our players cared enough now to insult the fans, I'm yearning for Beckford to return and flick us the Vs again lol  

lol it was Ben Marshall that day, sauntering over to take a corner, gets abuse and calls the fans wankers lol.

How crap is the club's end of season award ceremony going to be? I'd give a trophy to Schmeichel for still playing football, and maybe a few written apologies to the players we didn't use.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

You have to admire CR in that he is not using the dire lack of recruitment as an excuse. Why oh why sign a loanee that is unfit?   Please can somebody give an explanation for this other than desperation?

It was obvious why we didn't sign anyone in January. There was no way the owners are going to pay 60 million or whatever it was in the summer and then another 50/60 million in January when we are in the situation we are in. As it'll even be a big bill for the owners in the championship or there would be a mass exodus and it would take years to re-build 

Plus most players (unless they are in a relegation battle) would not want to come to us anyway

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

I'm at the level of putting money on Claudio to go. bit too late for me to start saying 'I might tinker' 

1 hour ago, Shaneb said:

It was obvious why we didn't sign anyone in January. There was no way the owners are going to pay 60 million or whatever it was in the summer and then another 50/60 million in January when we are in the situation we are in. As it'll even be a big bill for the owners in the championship or there would be a mass exodus and it would take years to re-build 

Plus most players (unless they are in a relegation battle) would not want to come to us anyway

So why spunk wages on Wague?? May be deduct from Rudders salary?

Archived