Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Millwall post match 1-0

What a dreadful game. Both sides were really poor.

Even in the second half against ten men, we struggled to really create that much - although Okazaki should have bagged.

In the 'Great Escape' season our results were awful but at least we were in games. Now I struggle to see us winning a game.

Also worth pointing out that that season was turned by the sensible signing of Huth, who added much-needed PL experience to a shaky back four.

This year Ranieri has failed/decided not to add a single player with any PL experience, despite evidence we need it.

Pains me to say it but at the moment it looks like he's taking us down, but because of last season no one is willing to do anything about it.

Interesting comment made by the Millwall player Morrison in that they deliberately targeted the younger players / loan players as they perceived them to be the weak links which I heard a City fans say yesterday in the ground before the game. If the fans  could see that why couldn't Ranieri

8 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Interesting comment made by the Millwall player Morrison in that they deliberately targeted the younger players / loan players as they perceived them to be the weak links which I heard a City fans say yesterday in the ground before the game. If the fans  could see that why couldn't Ranieri

Every player was a weak link! 

I always saw this tie as a potential banana skin and was really concerned when I saw Ranieri had put out a makeshift second string team.

I think we all knew Millwall would be up for it.

For me if Slimani was not going to play, Ranieri should have picked Ulloa. Ulloa is a good header of the ball, holds the ball up well, and is tireless and unselfish in the way he works for the team. Good professional. Probably this was an opportunity for Vardy to rediscover his shooting boots as well. Whatever has gone on between Ranieri and Ulloa they should have been big enough to set it aside for the good of the club.

I didn't understand the substitutions either. With Millwall down to 10 men we had plenty of possession and Gray and Kaputska always looked as though they might create something. 

Wasn't sure about Chilwell either. Although Fuchs has been poor this season his experience should have given him the edge over a young player who still has a lot to learn, and was at fault for the goal.

24 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

He probably did which is why he went ahead with it. He is relaxed enough to be out of the cup with evidence that his second string isn't up to it so he can continue to pick the prima donnas 

who are the loan players apart from wague?  And in what way did they 'target' them?  They were just more motivated and hungrier. 

1 minute ago, The Fox Covert said:

I always saw this tie as a potential banana skin and was really concerned when I saw Ranieri had put out a makeshift second string team.

I think we all knew Millwall would be up for it.

For me if Slimani was not going to play, Ranieri should have picked Ulloa. Ulloa is a good header of the ball, holds the ball up well, and is tireless and unselfish in the way he works for the team. Good professional. Probably this was an opportunity for Vardy to rediscover his shooting boots as well. Whatever has gone on between Ranieri and Ulloa they should have been big enough to set it aside for the good of the club.

I didn't understand the substitutions either. With Millwall down to 10 men we had plenty of possession and Gray and Kaputska always looked as though they might create something. 

Wasn't sure about Chilwell either. Although Fuchs has been poor this season his experience should have given him the edge over a young player who still has a lot to learn, and was at fault for the goal.

Your post is flawed in that it presumes the manager wanted to be in the next round which is patently not the case. 

If he didn't want to win a football match he shouldn't be manager.

If the players aren't fit enough to play on Saturday and again on Wednesday then what are the fitness coaches doing to earn their living?

Losing this one, to a club two divisions below is hugely demoralising and ranks alongside Wycombe.

I now really fear this season is going over a cliff.

5 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

But Morison has talked a load of crap really. It was a poor game in which they created naff all until an absolute brain freeze in the left side of the back four. None of our players were overly bad but none were overly good. 

I didnt see a game plan illustrated by either team. It was a scrappy, awful game and we made the mistake 

On reflection and not factoring in the season so far I think the team played well and with a decent finisher would've easily won the game. The substitutions were bizarre though and points to an error in leadership but in the end they got mugged. With regard to the post game antics I caught the train there and back and didn't see a sniff of trouble. I can empathise with the emotions of the Millwall fans in that they'd just beat the Chsmpions of England with 10 men. To invade the pitch is one thing, of which I think is a criminal offence, but to run and bait the LCFC fans is disappointing. I would also add that the hostility and the atmosphere the Millwall fans created if re-created at the KP would go a long way to help our prima donnas stay up. I would draw the line at throwing missiles though and would hope the KP stewards are more effective than those at the New Den. Should be an interesting game at Tottenham?

Ten man League One side and Ranieri hasn't got a clue how to put in place a system that opens them up. Genuinely staggering.

I'm not bitter but that wasn't Millwall being good, it was us being horrendous as usual.

You can predict who will be taken off because it's like it's anyone who looks remotely threatening. Saw Albrighton warming up and knew it was Kapustka on his way. Saw Vardy warming up and knew it was Gray on his way.

Honestly, you can't be this tactically poor and be lauded a tactical genius for last year. There was no genius. He stumbled across that side and it picked itself in the end. I'm sad I feel that way but I truly do.

On 18 February 2017 at 17:10, BenTheFox said:

How is Musa a professional footballer? People took this piss out of Palace for paying £12.5 million for Schlupp. We paid £16 million for Musa! We have no right to dish it out. 

Musa may be one of the worst players I've ever seen.

He had a moment of brilliance in pre-season. But really, he's such a liability.  No touch, can't pass, can't shoot very well and can't seem to read the game.  And he's not really that quick on the ball.  He's like that random kid you'd have to pick at school and you'd think "shît, he's fast."  But he couldn't kick a football to save his mother's cûnt.  

We win the ****ing Premier League and sign this mess?  And people still defend Claudio?  Absolute joke.  

2 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

Musa may be one of the worst players I've ever seen.

He had a moment of brilliance in pre-season. But really, he's such a liability.  No touch, can't pass, can't shoot very well and can't seem to read the game.  And he's not really that quick on the ball.  He's like that random kid you'd have to pick at school and you'd think "shît, he's fast."  But he couldn't kick a football to save his mother's cûnt.  

We win the ****ing Premier League and sign this mess?  And people still defend Claudio?  Absolute joke.  

It truly baffles me how he was playing Champions League football with CSKA Moscow

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

That defending as well is so bad it does make you almost wonder if they lost on purpose to avoid a replay

I thought that with Shinjis chance, he seemed to wait for the keeper to get in his way then he tapped the ball at him. Nobody can tell me an international top scorer wouldn't have buried that normally.

Absolute rubbish, dreadful. we can't even beat a league one side who are down to ten men for over half an hour, pathetic. Claudio clearly cannot motivate these players and is obviously not doing much on the raining ground to make the players brought in fit into the team. Musa is a complete joke of a player who I doubt will ever be good enough for the Premier league!. Shinji in every game fluffs the chances he has and is just not clinical enough while are defence is beginning to look like dad's army. we can still save ourselves in the league and it is no good Claudio saying he needs soldiers and gladiators for the rest of the season, he needs to get these players playing and competing

1 minute ago, foxy boxing said:

Absolute rubbish, dreadful. we can't even beat a league one side who are down to ten men for over half an hour, pathetic. Claudio clearly cannot motivate these players and is obviously not doing much on the raining ground to make the players brought in fit into the team. Musa is a complete joke of a player who I doubt will ever be good enough for the Premier league!. Shinji in every game fluffs the chances he has and is just not clinical enough while are defence is beginning to look like dad's army. we can still save ourselves in the league and it is no good Claudio saying he needs soldiers and gladiators for the rest of the season, he needs to get these players playing and competing

Probably too wet. Might be why Shinji keeps slipping over.

3 hours ago, browniefox said:

I thought that with Shinjis chance, he seemed to wait for the keeper to get in his way then he tapped the ball at him. Nobody can tell me an international top scorer wouldn't have buried that normally.

Think that is more just Okazaki's ability nowadays. I think if we trained him to start missing the goal he would be scoring every chance. 

Archived