Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Trumps portrayal of the press is horrendous and no doubt dangerous, but it doesn’t help the argument if we jump to conclusions in this case imo, it allows more wankers to claim fake news.

Agree, and I didn't mean to claim the two things were associated. Just thought it was a poignant reminder of how vile such rhetoric is, whether it prompts someone to commit acts like this or not.

I think he brought the defamation case about six years ago, and it was dismissed in 2015 by the way. Again, not trying to imply that means he's been "inspired" by President Cvntfeatures' words.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Trumps portrayal of the press is horrendous and no doubt dangerous, but it doesn’t help the argument if we jump to conclusions in this case imo, it allows more wankers to claim fake news.

Normally I'd totally agree with this too, but in this case you could present Trump supporters with the clearest of evidence of a link and they'd deny it and cry "fake news" to their last breath anyway. What is true doesn't really matter in the face of that kind of ideological dogma.

So with that said, I think the link being tenuous in this case and people seizing on it as something more solid doesn't make much difference.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

Normally I'd totally agree with this too, but in this case you could present Trump supporters with the clearest of evidence of a link and they'd deny it and cry "fake news" to their last breath anyway. What is true doesn't really matter in the face of that kind of ideological dogma.

So with that said, I think the link being tenuous in this case and people seizing on it as something more solid doesn't make much difference.

When they go low, we go high.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

When they go low, we go high.

I know it, and I would like folks to hold to it. Have to try and be the better people.

But when you look at where that has got things now, it's difficult to stick to it.

North Korea still secretly enriching uranium, say US officials

Report cites ‘unequivocal evidence they are trying to deceive the US’ in blow to Donald Trump

North Korea has increased its production of enriched uranium for nuclear weapons at secret sites in recent months, contrary to Donald Trump’s claims that it was “no longer a nuclear threat”, according to a new report.

NBC News quoted more than a dozen US officials familiar with the intelligence assessments. Coming soon after satellite images showed rapid improvements being made to a North Korean nuclear research facility at Yongbyon, the developments will make it harder for Trump to claim that his summit with Kim Jong-un in Singapore this month was a success.

Neither of the concessions the US president claimed Kim had delivered – the destruction of a missile engine testing site, and the repatriation of the remains of US soldiers killed in the Korean war – has materialised so far.

Meanwhile Trump has already made a significant US concession: suspending joint exercises with South Korea that had been due to start in August.

The US secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, is reported to be planning a trip to Pyongyang in early July to continue negotiations with the North Korean government, in the hope of persuading the regime to make specific commitments on nuclear disarmament.

Over the past seven months the North Koreans have conducted no new missile or nuclear tests. But NBC quoted a US official briefed on the latest intelligence as saying that uranium enrichment had been stepped up.

“There’s no evidence that they are decreasing stockpiles, or that they have stopped their production,” the official said. “There is absolutely unequivocal evidence that they are trying to deceive the US.”

It has long been suspected that the North Koreans have established a uranium enrichment plant in at least one secret site apart from Yongbyon complex.

“There are lots of things that we know that North Korea has tried to hide from us for a long time,” a US intelligence official told NBC.

The joint statement signed by Trump and Kim in Singapore was vaguely worded. Kim promised “complete denuclearisation” but that has been Pyongyang’s theoretical policy since 1992, and the regime interprets it to mean a long-term mutual process in which the US would also disarm.

Pompeo was due to start follow-on negotiations with the North Korean leadership within a week of the 12 June Singapore summit. But Pyongyang appears to have dragged its heels. The secretary of state is now hoping to visit Pyongyang during a trip to the far east in the second week of July, as first reported by the Financial Times.

“There was a delay but I think he has now got the agreement to go,” said Victor Cha, a former director of Asian affairs at the National Security Council.

“They have to put meat on the bones of the Singapore statement. Pompeo is under pressure to get something before August, when the exercises were going to start,” said Cha, now at the Centre for Strategic and International Studies.

It the visit goes ahead it is possible Kim would order the repatriation of the remains of between 100 and 200 US service personnel killed in the 1950-53 war, to coincide with Pompeo’s arrival. It is a gesture that US officials had been predicting would take place last week. Trump told a rally in Minnesota last week that the repatriation had already happened.

“Pompeo needs to get the remains of the POWs and MIAs [missing in action] but it’s not enough,” Cha said, arguing the secretary of state would have to extract a concrete commitment on disarmament to live up to the administration’s claims for the Singapore summit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

Said it all along, Kim playing him like a fiddle.

Its quite beautiful to behold. 

His base is stupid. He will just call kim some inappropriately rude and degrading name that they will go "yeaaaaaah maannnnn" and all will be forgotten as he will then pivot to how he did more than obama and previous presidents. Worst case he will threaten to nuke them again or actually do it.

• Like 1

I remember the famous Vietnam war quote - “It became necessary to destroy the town to save it.”

I fear Trump is doing this with his own country, and in fact the whole world, much as May is willing to destroy countless lives to prevent a Labour govt or coalition.

• Like 1

Guest MattP

The braindead oxygen thief who has organised the Trump balloon protest has just been on Victoria Derbyshire, she said it wasn't just a protest against Trump but also other current "far-right policy" like the third runway being built at Heathrow lol

We also now could have the ridiculous sight of two ballons flying against each other, how stupid, hopefully the football can divert the attention.

A GIANT baby blimp of Sadiq Khan could be flown over London during Donald Trump’s visit after a campaign to fund the stunt smashed its target.

The crowdfunding page was set up after the London Mayor’s decision to allow anti-Trump demonstrators to fly a giant balloon of the President in a nappy during his visit on Thursday.

A campaign group has raised more than their target of £35K to get this blimp of Sadiq Khan to fly over London
It comes as Mr Khan was accused of ignoring his day job because he's obsessed with "attacking" Donald Trump.

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani blasted the Mayor of London over his opposition to the President.

Edited by MattP

23 minutes ago, MattP said:

The braindead oxygen thief who has organised the Trump balloon protest has just been on Victoria Derbyshire, she said it wasn't just a protest against Trump but also other current "far-right policy" like the third runway being built at Heathrow lol

We also now could have the ridiculous sight of two ballons flying against each other, how stupid, hopefully the football can divert the attention.

I guess if there's going to be one of Trump flying then one of Khan flying too should be allowed; fair's fair.

That being said, the more uncomfortable Trump is made to be during his visit through any peaceful methods the better IMO - he's got to understand that the foreign policy decisions of his administration (as well as domestic ones) have direct consequences and it's not like he understand anyone's else's discomfort.

Guest MattP
2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

That being said, the more uncomfortable Trump is made to be during his visit through any peaceful methods the better IMO - he's got to understand that the foreign policy decisions of his administration (as well as domestic ones) have direct consequences and it's not like he understand anyone's else's discomfort.

He's not going to even see it, all his visits are outside of London anyway and he's staying at the US ambassadors residence, the idea of someone who has gone through what he has being uncomfortable at a 6 metre balloon? come on.

Personally I think the whole thing is the last thing we need, there is a Pro-Trump  march set to clash with the anti-Trump protestors and with the crime and disorder on London's streets and the officers needed for the big crowds all over the country for the football I think every single person playing a part in streching the resources of these services is a selfish cnut who should think about what they are doing.

Edited by MattP

45 minutes ago, MattP said:

He's not going to even see it, all his visits are outside of London anyway and he's staying at the US ambassadors residence, the idea of someone who has gone through what he has being uncomfortable at a 6 metre balloon? come on.

Personally I think the whole thing is the last thing we need, there is a Pro-Trump/FLA  march set to clash with the anti-Trump protestors and with the crime and disorder on London's streets and the officers needed for the big crowds all over the country for the football I think every single person playing a part in streching the resources of these services is a selfish cnut who should think about what they are doing.

Been through what he's been through? That makes it sound like he's a war veteran ("bone spurs" are nasty aren't they?) rather than a billionaire who got a massive head start with dads money.

I do agree that the balloon thing isn't going to mean much by itself and that the timing is really poor what with the world cup stuff needing extra policing and that it's something that we don't need right now...however I stand by the assertion that the majority of the wider world disapproves of this administration and that disapproval needs to be made as plain as possible as subtlety is either lost on or ignored by this administration.

Guest MattP
40 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I do agree that the balloon thing isn't going to mean much by itself and that the timing is really poor what with the world cup stuff needing extra policing and that it's something that we don't need right now...however I stand by the assertion that the majority of the wider world disapproves of this administration and that disapproval needs to be made as plain as possible as subtlety is either lost on or ignored by this administration.

As I say, selfish, self-serving bastards thinking of nobody but themselves at a time when it isn't needed (both pro and anti btw). Wankers.

Good to see the "politically neutral" FLA getting involved in support of him. I'm sure there'll be some fine floral tributes in the shape of Norwich and Shrewsbury badges being laid outside the US Embassy in his honour.

• Like 1

Guest MattP
12 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Good to see the "politically neutral" FLA getting involved in support of him. I'm sure there'll be some fine floral tributes in the shape of Norwich and Shrewsbury badges being laid outside the US Embassy in his honour.

I've just been corrected on Facebook over this, it isn't the FLA marching in support of him so I withdraw it and apologise for spreading false information. I did think that was strange for a politically neutral organisation.

Edited by MattP

1 hour ago, MattP said:

I've just been corrected on Facebook over this, it isn't the FLA marching in support of him so I withdraw it and apologise for spreading false information. I did think that was strange for a politically neutral organisation.

Everything they do is strange.

• Like 1

On 11/07/2018 at 11:08, leicsmac said:

I guess if there's going to be one of Trump flying then one of Khan flying too should be allowed; fair's fair.

Have any of these attention seeking morons protesting with their balloons considered the consequences of their pathetic actions do you suppose?  

The American public will be seething when they see their democratically elected president mocked and ridiculed on a state visit.  And Trump himself?  Do you think this will make him reconsider his more controversial policies or will it just make him resent us at a time when we need all the friends and goodwill we can get, especially from the US.

Whatever people might think of Trump, IMO this juvenile little street party is just a massive insult to America itself.

• Like 1