Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

What does this say about our values?

1 minute ago, GaelicFox said:

I said last year in January 

"Win the premier league and I wound happily accept relegation and a few years in championship"

not one person challenged that .... not one 

I dare say 90% would have said the same last January 

it will never be a business to me and I will never be a customer no matter how much they try push that agenda 

Obviously we'd have all said the same, and if we do get relegated this year i'm sure none of us would talk about trading our title back for Prem survival. The fact is, it doesn't mean we should accept relegation before it's happened at all. 

Regarding the second bit in bold too, I agree and totally get where you're coming from. I'd be disgusted if this decision were made if we had an 'unfashionable' name and replaced him with someone like Sven again, but the decision to sack Claudio was clearly done as it is in the best interest of the club. I'd gotten sick of watching the worst performing team in the country, with no one at the helm showing any idea of knowing how to turn it around. I don't need to tell you this but we have been absolute garbage since October mate, I don't know how sacking him is an injustice. 

They have loyalty to the the club and the fans first and that is how it should be.  Everybody loves Claudio but it was time for him to go.  Anybody watching can see that the players do want to play for him or his bizarre, dis-jointed tactics this season and results are unacceptable.  If you want to mistake abject failure and relegation for loyalty then that is massive naivety on your part. You do know that we rewarded achievement with a £3m a year contract for 4 years.  What have we got back for that?

FFS he has gone and it is time to move on, just as when NP went.  I support Leicester and want what is best for them and not the individual.  Anybody with half a brain can see that is also what the owners have done too.  I have loyalty for the love of the club, the owners for the love of their business and not wanting any part to fail.  Both have the same outcome. 

38 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

It is the values of the owners that define the way the club is run.  NP was sacked because of their values, not for what he achieved with the team. 

The owners must have been faced with a terrible dilemma.  They had publicly backed Ranieri who had every right to rely on their statements.  They then appear to have concluded that we were going down with him at the helm and sacrificed some of their values for the sake of the club.  That in itself could be considered a noble gesture, the problem being that once you have sacrificed your values you may never be held in the same esteem again.

I believe that our owners have been very good for our club and hope that they will not feel that they are being personally castigated for their decision - I would hate to think that they could be convinced to part ways with the club.

This.   Yet the owners have lost something here...  i must be niaive coz i thougt they put values first as in the pearson situation

28 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Just so I know, who is the guardian of integrity? Who gets to decide whether watching your house burn to the ground is the moralistic thing to do or not.

It is for the owners to judge themselves. .. but our respect is based on hiw we measure them.

Do you divorce your wife coz she gets ill?

9 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

"Win the premier league and I wound happily accept relegation and a few years in championship"

it will never be a business to me and I will never be a customer no matter how much they try push that agenda 

This is a nonsense point though, as much as we all agree with the idea it, it's completely meaningless.

The two aren't, in the real world, mututally exclusive - it's a pointless hypothetical. If you offered me win the premier league and finish mid table, I would have chosen that instead.

You're imagining a world where we have no control over what happens after winning the league, and this just isn't the case.

A more realistic question would have been...

Would you accept winning the premier league, to then have an awful season and see Ranieri get sacked with 13 games left? Yes or No?

any other top club would have done exactly the same! Chelsea have done it so many times!. in the short term the owners had to do what was best for the club and in the long term Claudio was never realistically going to be here that long!

at the end of the day, we've gone from prem champions playing some world class football at times, to league 2 standard, bottom of the league in all 4 competitions for points/goals, breaking record after record that we don't want, playing like we could not give a toss. 

Add to that Ranieris baffling loyalty to some of the worst players i've ever seen this season, and it's no surprise the owners don't want to say goodbye to 200m without a fight. 

Who's gonna take Vardy on 100k a week? we would have an embargo on us within weeks in the championship. 

I'm hoping someone can somehow convince Mancini this is a good job.

42 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Drama queen much.

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If she's just set fire to the house, fallen out with the kids and constantly serving up salad when I want chips. Yes, yes I would.

Babs is on absolutely on fire in this thread! 

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

Then your not a supporter your a customer 

last night football finally succumbed to the capitalist agenda ! 

Today my season tickets look dirty and tarnished 

nothing will ever seem the same after this ! 

Call me what you will, he was taking us down with a group that wrongly were out to damage him, isn't fair or right but it needed doing.

I bet you don't go and watch the local village play.

I think it's good the owners are serious about the club and value being in the top flight. All you had to do was watch one of our league games this year to see the team are cannon fodder. Ranieri always came across a good guy, but as others have mentioned, in business, if you're leading a sinking ship, you're out the door.

Totally agree...

After seeing our successes under Brian Little, Martin O'Neil and Claudio... he deserved better then this shambles......

1 hour ago, Lovejoy said:

I think it's good the owners are serious about the club and value being in the top flight. All you had to do was watch one of our league games this year to see the team are cannon fodder. Ranieri always came across a good guy, but as others have mentioned, in business, if you're leading a sinking ship, you're out the door.

Footballing reasons say it wasn't working. .... so for business  (money) reasons he was a problem..... but do these things outweigh our commtiment to values?  Its a conflict. .... they sacked np for moral reasons inspite of football yet now they sack cr for business reasons.

When owner says the "longterm interests" of the club he means " long term business performance " of the club

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Footballing reasons say it wasn't working. .... so for business  (money) reasons he was a problem..... but do these things outweigh our commtiment to values?  Its a conflict. .... they sacked np for moral reasons inspite of football yet now they sack cr for business reasons.

When owner says the "longterm interests" of the club he means " long term business performance " of the club

It can be both, I've accepted that we might still get relegated... but stay up or go down I just can't believe Ranieri was the long term answer. Too much gone wrong a too many mistakes. Team building and managing of spirit has been left wanting and that's key to a club like us.

22 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Listening to the coverage of Claudio’s demise it seems many fans and non-fans expected the club to show more loyalty to Claudio.   It is almost as if, in a results driven world,  we desperately want to feel that there is something more important…

Of course football is a competition based on results – and a manager will drop or even sell a player that he thinks cannot help the club.  IMO Claudio was not ruthless enough with out of form players… and because of this he has paid a price.

But what does this say about our club and the owners? – that they value their premiership survival above their  integrity.  That they value the kudos of owning a premiership club more than their relationships… or that they value the money?

I can imagine a board meeting in a bubble; where people say “the club must come first”, “no one is bigger than the club”… but maybe, just maybe,  we wanted to believe that the way you live is more important  that the scoreboard…  that the “values” of the clubs should have come first … loyalty, integrity, community...

VALUES..??

are you for real..?

you are buying expensive merchandise with EPL official logo

you are paying for expensive BSkyB live sports &/or tickets

You're paying heavy levies to UEFA

welcome to the business of EPL. If you want values - try the non-league

NLPFrontJan17.jpg

3 hours ago, davieG said:

The same as most other clubs, 

Did Chelsea get all this hand wringing when they sacked Mourinho the year after he won the league, no just little old LCFC who had the audacity to play above their station?

Mourhino situation was totally different, He was out diva ering himself, and causing unrest with his attitude...

That said the media are over cooking the sympathy card. We are all sad, and heartbroken we have come to this.

BUT Ranieris descision making and selection, from a certain % of fans, became very questionanle.

Media were right in saying the fans are sad maybe  angry, but they are not c speaking to the real fans.

We were playing turgid abysmal football, with no inclination or spark that we could turn it around..

I wanted him to stay and succeed even more Underthe cloak of LCFC, but nothing was happening.

The media are denying the football world of, not giving air to ma n y fans feelings. They are arrogantly 

Making up stories what the city public think..Managers, pundits sow a good sob story, but deny the fact

We are crap..Players have been useless, a n d Ranieri was staying too loyal and bombastic on selection,

and future/short time investment..

For me the owners had no choice...

I wont doubt its one of the saddest unnecessary necessities in our History...

4 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

But if you're a supporter rather than a customer, are you really happy to see the club ran into the ground? I assume you mean supporter of the club.

If I was in Ranieri's shoes, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to lose my job after the piss-poor results and performances this season. Especially considering he had the champions to work with, plus £80m to spend.

It is a shame that the man who brought us such success has been sacked months after lifting the trophy, but what has happened between then and now is totallty unacceptable. We shouldn't have been anywhere near a relegation scrap this season, yet we're probably going down. Disgraceful.

Not one away win. Not a single goal in 10 hours of football. 5 defeats on the spin. We've consistently put in some of the worst performances I can remember. We're a joke.

There is an argument to be made that the players are to blame. It's true. We don't know how much is their fault. However, if it is down to them, I'd ask why Ranieri kept picking them over and over and over again, and didn't trade in the worst influences in January. Besides, if you can make this argument, then shouldn't they take all the credit for the title win? Can't have it both ways.

I have said I would accept relegation after winning the title, but I wasn't really thinking it could actually happen, and I wasn't thinking about what it would actually feel like to see the title-winning team getting beaten every week without even putting up a fight. People say things they don't mean sometimes.

Archived