Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Should Claudio name and shame the ringleaders?

Kasper would've moaned about the liability in the centre-backs of Huth and Morgan in front of him and  couod not him having 'had a go' at Ranieri in the way the team has played imo.

I'm starting to think Slimani hasn't been injured as long he said he has and probably wasn't happy in playing be due to the lack of service to him?

28 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

No, it was the strength and clarity of the backing. Utterly clear, no issues etc.

Interesting.

Too clear, he just repeated what the journo said word for word. I think if there weren't issues between the players and the manager, the answer to that question would have been abit more in depth. No relationship is perfect, everyone has disagreements. That answer stank of 'next question'

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Story today in the Sun lol that four players held a meeting with the Chairman after the Sevilla game which has become known as 'the infamous meeting'.

Kasper, Vardy, Wes, Albrighton

If this did happen and Vardy DID attend such a meeting, I remember the interview that SKY did with him just before the game whereby he said categorically that every player was behind Claudio.

The club, it would seem, really has become poisonous.

doesn't mean those 4 were definitely in the Claudio out group, there could have been an open invitation from the owners and those 4 cared enough to attend. they could very well have represented a range of different opinions, with the owner taking it all into account. regardless it's been reported the sacking was decided before Sevilla and before the feedback from this meeting was even received.

Just seen the sky sports clip when Claudio went back to the training ground to say his goodbyes and the sky reporter asking him that question "Do you feel like you've been stabbed in the back Claudio?"

Cant these guys just leave him alone to get on with his plans?

And as for naming and shaming I started this post a bit pissed off with the players and the owners and was written after a few glasses of  beer, I have respect for a lot on here and I agree that Claudio is bigger than that and we will likely never know who is to blame unless someone at the club whistleblows for a payoff ?

But as usual a great mix of comments on a subject that's close to all our hearts,and we definitely hope the club finds a new replacement soon and makes the right choice and not one we're in this same situation again ?

45 minutes ago, brucey said:

doesn't mean those 4 were definitely in the Claudio out group, there could have been an open invitation from the owners and those 4 cared enough to attend. they could very well have represented a range of different opinions, with the owner taking it all into account. regardless it's been reported the sacking was decided before Sevilla and before the feedback from this meeting was even received.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/24/revealed-inside-story-claudio-ranieris-leicester-city-sacking/

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Yeah I'm sure we all know Kasper and Vards were definitely involved. And Morgan would probably go along with whoever just nodding quietly in the background. But I'm having a hard time believing Mr Nice Guy Albrighton would have anything to do with the Claudio Out movement.

19 hours ago, brucey said:

Yeah I'm sure we all know Kasper and Vards were definitely involved. And Morgan would probably go along with whoever just nodding quietly in the background. But I'm having a hard time believing Mr Nice Guy Albrighton would have anything to do with the Claudio Out movement.

i don't even know (if true) why this all bright 'on' guy would wanna be involved with this sordid act - given that his form is so poor to merit the U23 team!

and yet he's been in the first XI most of the time

22 minutes ago, brucey said:

How do you 'know' whether Vardy's and Kasper were involved? Do you work at the club? All depends if you want to believe the story. This is the Telegraph, not the Sun btw.

I'm sorry but if Claudio alienated Shakey as reported then I have no sympathy for his sacking at all nor do I blame the players for airing their concerns. 

Shakey is a well respected figure at the club, and has always been the connection between the players and the bosses for a number of years. I have heard that amongst the rumours  one of the reasons for the fall out was cantered around the treatment of some of the back room staff...and if that is the case then I stand behind the owners even more so.....no one man is bigger than our club.

15 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I thought the owners called the meeting with the players?

Surely they just said what everyone can see... and were honest about finding his tactics and methods confusing. Why does that have to mean they are stabbing him in the back or trying to get him sacked?

Were they supposed to lie and pretend everything is fine? It's obvious there is something wrong. You can still respect a manager but when asked what is wrong, be honest with what you are struggling with in training or on match days. 

Only just saw this post... perfectly put - this is for the best. :thumbup:

6 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Atleast this article talks about Rudkin and how he's under scrutiny as well. We went after Keane in the summer and the Mercury named 3 defenders we were interested in signing during January. None of those 4 materialised and we panicked and got Wague at the last minute. I think of all the staff at City, Rudkin's done the worst job. 

I think there's an awful lot of assuming going on. Maybe the players are all cvnts and stopped playing in order to get CR out the club. It is possible. However, do any of us know this to be the case for sure?

Is it not also possible that Ranieri lost the plot? Is it not possible that he found himself in a job that he was unable to do? I think he could be the best manager in the world at keeping an in-form team ticking over, but this season has presented a whole new challenge. Maybe he wasn't up to it.

I don't think CR or the players are entirely blameless for this catastrophic season, but if my life depended on deciding, I would have to go for Claudio. He's got previous, after all. He's had jobs before that started well and went to pot. He's been sacked by bigger clubs than us and fallen out with bigger stars than we have.

Besides, what's more likely? The whole squad turns on the manager for no apparent reason, or one man doesn't know how to handle an incredibly unlikely and unusual situation?

There's a lot of talk about backstabbing, but is there any evidence? Maybe the players gave their honest opinion when asked. Is that such a crime? Maybe they felt that CR simply wasn't managing the team very well and voiced their opinion for the good of the club and their own jobs. It's not that ridiculous. If that is the case, put yourself in their shoes for a minute, and imagine how you'd feel with all the hatred aimed at them right now. The last thing you'd want is your own fans joining in, surely? I am concerned that fans of the club could have a hand in relegating us because of a kangaroo court decision.

Let's not jump to any conclusions. It's unfair. Some might compare it to a witch hunt. What's best for the club is that we give the players the benefit of the doubt and give them the best chance possible to help them dig our club out of this hole.

IMO there's a lot of shit still got to come out of this,and more than one side at fault as the saying goes it takes two to tango,the owners have got to get get rid of some useless rubbish ie Rudkin a bloke who's overseen extortionate transfer fees payed for very average players 

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Those players were asked if there were any issues in the dressing room, as reported by Telegraph Sport earlier this month, and the answer was an unequivocal “yes”.

Ulloa was openly refusing to play for the club so are we really surprised that when asked the question about dressing room unrest the players responded this way? 

Archived